City Matters thread

@Prestwich_Blue

You're both incorrect on this....

If you attend all 19 games, you will pay the normal cost of a season ticket + £150 (or £75 if you're a child).

So if I pay £700 for my season ticket, and the person next to me is on Flexigold. If he attends all 19 games he pays £850 for the same thing.

(Club have confirmed this to CityMatters reps that I've spoken to).

Yes, apologies, I had duff info before. You're absolutely correct here. Here's the website to prove it...

City's website

Fans can opt-in to purchase their seat three weeks prior to the game. Match ticket prices will vary according to seat location and opposition. The total amount payable - should you attend 19 fixtures - would be equal to the Gold Season Ticket price for the respective seat, excluding the Membership Fee.

@Prestwich_Blue You're both incorrect on this.... If you attend all 19 games, you will pay the normal cost of a season ticket + £150 (or £75 if you're a child). So if I pay £700 for my season ticket, and the person next to me is on Flexigold. If he attends all 19 games he pays £850 for the same thing. (Club have confirmed this to CityMatters reps that I've spoken to).
@Prestwich_Blue You're both incorrect on this.... If you attend all 19 games, you will pay the normal cost of a season ticket + £150 (or £75 if you're a child). So if I pay £700 for my season ticket, and the person next to me is on Flexigold. If he attends all 19 games he pays £850 for the same thing. (Club have confirmed this to CityMatters reps that I've spoken to).

@Prestwich_Blue

If you attend all 19 games, you will pay the normal cost of a season ticket + £150 (or £75 if you're a child).

So if I pay £700 for my season ticket, and the person next to me is on Flexigold. If he attends all 19 games he pays £850 for the same thing.

Thanks for the info. The club seem obsessed with no shows (14 is the average attendance for season ticket holders apparently). Looks like they’re working on the premise that if you’re paying a premium for the opportunity to purchase 3 weeks in advance you’ll definitely turn up. It’s not a great look though imo.

@Prestwich_Blue

True, but how many flexi gold buyers bought them intending to go to every game and how many that bought them only go to the minimum 10 or a couple more compared to those that do 19 , and got them because it worked out a lot cheaper than buying 10 or so matchday tickets? Nobody would have that data until the season ends, but for those people the flexi gold is a good money sacing scheme that guarantees their seat for any games they want. If the minimum games was 8 I’d have wanted one and saved loads.

Live games are now a major expense, and if you've got kids as well it's become ridiculous but supply and demand will always be in operation and it won't be getting cheaper any time soon. When I used to go the 1970's if you weren't at the game you didn't see it , if you were lucky it might feature on Match of the Day so you got to see some of it. These days the HD TV broadcasts with a 65" TV and a surround sound system mean you get to see all of it, instant replays, loads of angles etc etc. All while sitting in your own chairs, no queues to get a beer or a snack or use the toilet, no hassle with shitty traffic, rip-off parking and so on. I do get it that nothng beats being there but it's a bloody good next thing.
Ferran says hi.

I'll be going until I can't.... CTID !!

Thanks for the info. The club seem obsessed with no shows (14 is the average attendance for season ticket holders apparently). Looks like they’re working on the premise that if you’re paying a premium for the opportunity to purchase 3 weeks in advance you’ll definitely turn up. It’s not a great look though imo.
I don’t think it’s that way around though they know if you buy 3 weeks before your likely to turn up but the main advantage to the club is they know it will definitely be available to re sell and they have 3 weeks to sell it. It helps people like me because I know for a lot of games there will be tickets available resale 3 weeks before the game.
They should put some regular S/C s on sale when extended but I don’t think doing away with flexi gold entirely is a great idea either.

True, but how many flexi gold buyers bought them intending to go to every game and how many that bought them only go to the minimum 10 or a couple more compared to those that do 19 , and got them because it worked out a lot cheaper than buying 10 or so matchday tickets? Nobody would have that data until the season ends, but for those people the flexi gold is a good money sacing scheme that guarantees their seat for any games they want. If the minimum games was 8 I’d have wanted one and saved loads.

The issue is people have bought these with a view to either using it as a season ticket in order to go to every game (and incurring £150 fee on top of the tickets themselves) or as a way to "getting on the ladder" for an actual season ticket which disappointingly isn't going to happen. If Flexigold works as an option for some people that's great, but there needs to be a choice.

The issue is people have bought these with a view to either using it as a season ticket in order to go to every game (and incurring £150 fee on top of the tickets themselves) or as a way to "getting on the ladder" for an actual season ticket which disappointingly isn't going to happen. If Flexigold works as an option for some people that's great, but there needs to be a choice.
they might have but there would be a few matchday buyers that got them to save money. Like I say until the end of the season we have no idea how many flexi gold holders go to every game and the proportion that barely do the minimum 10. Yes there should be a choice especially in the new stand agree with that.

I don’t think it’s that way around though they know if you buy 3 weeks before your likely to turn up but the main advantage to the club is they know it will definitely be available to re sell and they have 3 weeks to sell it. It helps people like me because I know for a lot of games there will be tickets available resale 3 weeks before the game.
They should put some regular S/C s on sale when extended but I don’t think doing away with flexi gold entirely is a great idea either.
Good that it works for you (and I’m sure others) just not sure you should have to pay £150 for the privilege. Hopefully when the capacity increases the club will retain the % of season ticket holders to capacity and allow those that want to take up a regular season ticket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.