City Matters thread

I'm the City Matter Families rep. I haven't got anything new to say or share about this other than what went on twitter last night. We've got a update about the North Stand expansion scheduled for this evening so I suspect that we'll be discussing it then. At face value it obviously isn't a great look for City Matters.

Re. City Matters as a whole. I completely understand the criticism of it. The minutes issue is something we raise every single meeting. Someone from the club takes minutes every meeting then for whatever reason it seems to take an age to get them published (if they ever do). The communication from the club to the supporters has left a lot to be desired and ultimately few people have any confidence that City Matter is effective. Regardless as to the outcome of this I'll be asking for better governance of the group and greater communication between the club and the fans.

I look forward to your jokes about me being a Chelsea fan.
Fair play to you for sticking your head above the parapet. Presumably in the agenda at any meeting there is AOB. Can you bring up the following at the next meeting:
1. Why have no minutes been published for over a year
2. Do the club really want to listen to fans as in many cases it’s obvious it’s not the case
3. What is the club doing to reconnect with the core fan base especially those who have been excluded from matches due to horrific pricing of games

Fair play to you for sticking your head above the parapet. Presumably in the agenda at any meeting there is AOB. Can you bring up the following at the next meeting:
1. Why have no minutes been published for over a year
2. Do the club really want to listen to fans as in many cases it’s obvious it’s not the case
3. What is the club doing to reconnect with the core fan base especially those who have been excluded from matches due to horrific pricing of games

Absolutely. For what it's worth we raise the minutes thing every time. It seemed like we had got somewhere as they started adding them but that's stopped again.

We do put these views to the club but ultimately it's the club that decided how they act. If I came on here and detailed everything the club told us in confidence they'd simple stop sharing information. If we made public statements on every issue people would quickly stop listening. But some of the criticism is just and I think we need to act on it.

Absolutely. For what it's worth we raise the minutes thing every time. It seemed like we had got somewhere as they started adding them but that's stopped again.

We do put these views to the club but ultimately it's the club that decided how they act. If I came on here and detailed everything the club told us in confidence they'd simple stop sharing information. If we made public statements on every issue people would quickly stop listening. But some of the criticism is just and I think we need to act on it.
Thanks, other than the club communicating about flogging tickets, expensive replica shirts, hospitality etc general communication isn’t great. Maybe this will be the start.

I find the whole episode far too amusing.

The fact she is studying for a masters degree in journalism would give the impression she's of reasonable intelligence. Yet, there are clearly more brains in a meat pie here.

Happily getting snapped parading around in a Chelsea shirt when you're supposed to be this big City fan in a public position. Good luck finding employment in your chosen profession at the conclusion of your course with that honesty and integrity now all over the web.

Probably the only reason they took on the role in the first place was to stick it on their CV with no genuine feeling towards City at all. They truly are that dumb they thought they'd get away with it.

Its poor from the club to give people a platform without much vetting going on whilst those who've actually been supporting and attending games for years are over looked / ignored.

Sign of the times, ability to present/package/bullshit/game the process often more important than actual suitability for a job.

Has anyone applied and been rejected?, genuine question as I have no idea of the selection process.
Yes. The club put together a shortlist after sifting applications. I've been a rep through 2 elections and we've raised concerns about people on the list. The club supposedly does basic checks but sometimes these fall short.

As an example, there was someone on the shortlist who looked like they'd only be using City Matters to advance their social media channel. Didn't take us (CM Reps) long to work that one out. The club then had another look and eliminated some others from the shortlist.

It shouldn't be a requirement that all reps are season ticket holders but it should be one that there's a demonstrable commitment to being a City fan over a reasonable period. How can you represent fans if you've no real experience of being one?

Last edited:
I find the whole episode far too amusing.

The fact she is studying for a masters degree in journalism would give the impression she's of reasonable intelligence. Yet, there are clearly more brains in a meat pie here.

Happily getting snapped parading around in a Chelsea shirt when you're supposed to be this big City fan in a public position. Good luck finding employment in your chosen profession at the conclusion of your course with that honesty and integrity now all over the web.

Probably the only reason they took on the role in the first place was to stick it on their CV with no genuine feeling towards City at all. They truly are that dumb they thought they'd get away with it.
I agree it is quite amusing.

I am sure she will be fine in Journalism as honesty and integrity don't come in to most things I see from journalists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.