City Matters thread

I'm the City Matter Families rep. I haven't got anything new to say or share about this other than what went on twitter last night. We've got a update about the North Stand expansion scheduled for this evening so I suspect that we'll be discussing it then. At face value it obviously isn't a great look for City Matters.

Re. City Matters as a whole. I completely understand the criticism of it. The minutes issue is something we raise every single meeting. Someone from the club takes minutes every meeting then for whatever reason it seems to take an age to get them published (if they ever do). The communication from the club to the supporters has left a lot to be desired and ultimately few people have any confidence that City Matter is effective. Regardless as to the outcome of this I'll be asking for better governance of the group and greater communication between the club and the fans.

I look forward to your jokes about me being a Chelsea fan.
Could you ask wtf the club are doing about the banning of parking within walking distance of the ground especially given (a) the huge amount of money City have invested in the area and (b) the new concert arena, which I believe we are a significant shareholder if. And if the Chelsea fan is there please tell her to fuck right off from me and my family

I'm the City Matter Families rep. I haven't got anything new to say or share about this other than what went on twitter last night. We've got a update about the North Stand expansion scheduled for this evening so I suspect that we'll be discussing it then. At face value it obviously isn't a great look for City Matters.

Re. City Matters as a whole. I completely understand the criticism of it. The minutes issue is something we raise every single meeting. Someone from the club takes minutes every meeting then for whatever reason it seems to take an age to get them published (if they ever do). The communication from the club to the supporters has left a lot to be desired and ultimately few people have any confidence that City Matter is effective. Regardless as to the outcome of this I'll be asking for better governance of the group and greater communication between the club and the fans.

May I make a suggestion? Why don't you tell the club that if they don't publish the minutes, which if I remember correctly they promised would be published 2 weeks after the meetings, you (CM Reps) will publish your own minutes?

That might make them sit up and listen?

Give her a break she was born a Chelsea fan but identifies as a City fan!
This thread has been a great read with some quality comments and I can see it ending up in the Classics one day!

However, just being serious for a moment and playing a bit of Devils Advocate, it could be that she follows more than one team. While that’s an alien concept to many of us diehard fans, there are people like that out there.

Also, and this is the most important thing - has she been fulfilling her role properly? Does she turn up for all the meetings and put the requisite effort in? It could be that she does a better job than reps who are hardcore fans of the club.

And with regards to her appointment, I’d have thought that the Canal Street Blues would have had some involvement in that as surely when it comes to appointing a LGBTQ+ rep, CSB would have some say in that. Basically, she must’ve had some City fans who could vouch for her because I doubt that she’s just rocked up completely out of the blue (pardon the pun!). I’ll add that CSB appear to do a great job in the main but that tweet smacks of a bit of a witch hunt.

Could you ask wtf the club are doing about the banning of parking within walking distance of the ground especially given (a) the huge amount of money City have invested in the area and (b) the new concert arena, which I believe we are a significant shareholder if. And if the Chelsea fan is there please tell her to fuck right off from me and my family
This is a very good point

A good way to get the right people involved in the group, would be to get recommendations from OSC branches, then hopefully the right people get put forward.
supporters clubs have a lot more to offer and have influence to a degree, 1894 group do a fantastic job, we all need to row in the same direction, cos we all do really care about our club and it’s future.
we do really need engagement for the expanded North stand though, only one chance to get it right.

We know she likes Chelsea more than us but could you also ask her if we are third behind Chelsea and Barnsley? Also ask her where was she when we were shit? Also ask her to fucking do one

I’d say you’ve got a decent gig there blue, being the family rep, City don’t always get it right, but I have to say some of the engagement with families is brilliant, especially the fan zone, What a way to bring the next generation of blues through. But what I did find whilst waiting in the queue on Saturday, was many of the families didn’t have match tickets, which I found quite sad. We have a family stand, surely the club can offer any unsold tickets in this section to families who attend the fan zone at a decent rate, I’d like it to go further than that, but that seems a fair starting point. Also a facility to donate tickets for families, many tickets go unused or unsold, if tickets are not sold on the exchange, then it wouldn’t be difficult for the club to offer a donate function

Brilliant. All that could top this is if she's not LGBTQ+ or whatever now. A great example of ideology overcoming reality and common sense.
Hahahaha

Like that woman in America who ‘identified’ as black and blacked herself up despite being white.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.