City most valued Premier League Football Brand Again

Too much based on what? we have 16 premier league teams whose fans have to pay more, with definitely worse football to watch. Also when compared to inflation City's season tickets have dropped. If we weren't selling tickets to such an extent the club are adding capacity then i could see we are charging too much but the demand is there at that price

Sadly its the way of the world these days that entertainment costs. Concert and theatre tickets are now twice the price of City s tickets.

The profits are a product of the success, if City have a bad season then the extra money the cup runs and world club cup entry brought in are not there and we are in danger of FFP. So the club could not cut season ticket prices to be break even as they could very quickly be in FFP trouble.

In general mate, it's too much all round the board. The point is that being touted as the most valued premier league club isn't exactly beneficial to City fans at all.

We may have posted record profits last year but we also had record outgoings.
Without profit from player trading we would have made a loss and a not an insignificant one. So we were hardly rolling in it sufficient to give all the st holders a discount.

Football admission prices are too high, I think we all agree however it is no longer a "working class/man's sport". We as a fanbase cannot change that. As a bonus nobody pisses down the back of my leg in the south stand and I don't smell or feel like I've smoked a thousand cigarettes when I get home. The food isnt served by a grimey craggy faced bloke from Moss side with dirty fingernails and a faintly smoking dimp with an incredibly long ash remenant tenuously hanging from the side of his mouth that never falls, even when he speaks or holds out his dt induced shaking hand for the cash.

I don't get dogshit on my footwear and clothes everywhere traversing around the grounds alleyways or risk running into a gang of skinheads or kool kats who want to borrow 10p.

Neither do I have to run the gauntlet at Piccadilly train station of either away fans returning to wherever from Maine Road or bully boy coppers wanting to give someone a hiding in the back of a black marria.

A quick calculation tells me the cost of admission (season ticket cost for 1 game ie divided by 19) in 1985 was 2% of my weekly take home wages. Now its 8%. That's a pro rata increase of 400%, I'm not sure what to make of that apart from its expensive.
Great post!

In general mate, it's too much all round the board. The point is that being touted as the most valued premier league club isn't exactly beneficial to City fans at all.
Totally agree with that - everything is too expensive - love sport music and theatre and they all cost a fortune now!!

The most expensive brand benefits in that we are a bigger draw for signing the best players - I'm proud of where the club has come to after the joke we were in the Swales days through Pearce, Clark, Taskin etc. But do agree i miss the old days, the old dark humour, the atmosphere of standing in the Kippax. Tis a different world now

This is possibly relevant in the context of the PL's attempt to control the value of commercial sponsorships and our case against them.

I'd imagine that having a higher brand value means we're entitled to charge a premium on those sponsorships, in the same way that the club justify ticket price rises due to our on-field success.

Totally agree with that - everything is too expensive - love sport music and theatre and they all cost a fortune now!!

The most expensive brand benefits in that we are a bigger draw for signing the best players - I'm proud of where the club has come to after the joke we were in the Swales days through Pearce, Clark, Taskin etc. But do agree i miss the old days, the old dark humour, the atmosphere of standing in the Kippax. Tis a different world now

It's a different world for sure mate, when that world prices you out after all the support you gave them I reckon that's a bit piss poor.

I read the news about how much concert tickets cost and some mind boggling meals out that people go for, makes you wonder if the country and its people are doing as bad as they say because there seems to be an awful lot of cash sloshing about for the right kind of people.

Maybe I should start supporting my local non league club, eat out of bins and just watch tribute bands ;)

It's a different world for sure mate, when that world prices you out after all the support you gave them I reckon that's a bit piss poor.

I read the news about how much concert tickets cost and some mind boggling meals out that people go for, makes you wonder if the country and its people are doing as bad as they say because there seems to be an awful lot of cash sloshing about for the right kind of people.

Maybe I should start supporting my local non league club, eat out of bins and just watch tribute bands ;)
Tribute bands nooooooo!!!!!!!! Too may good ones out there playing smaller venues. Check out the Stanleys, the Rosadocs, the Ks, the Lottery Winners, the Reytons, the Kairos :-)

Non league club eating out of bins? You mean you will support Liverpool?

All this based on (allegedly) paying Mancini an extra 1.5 mil.
Paying Yaya some image rights.
Etihad paying us fair market value, confirmed by UEFA and etihislat paying us fair market value but at a later date.
All happening more that 10 years ago.

That will be the view of the red media that we are able to achieve our status from all that cheating.

And yet we've overvalued sponsorship deals. I wonder if Apple or Amazon faced these issues, or whether any of the sponsors feels they didn't get value for money?

Now, come on city, sort out these horrendous tickets prices and protect some of the seats for the local hard working support too. Worldwide appeal is great, but no club should ever underestimate the value of generation to generation support and loyalty, especially to the people who live and breathe the sights and smells of city, from moss side to ancoats, and want to pass on the torch to our kids. You never know, if we find ourselves on division two hundred then maybe we'll need those a bit more than ever.

We may have posted record profits last year but we also had record outgoings.
Without profit from player trading we would have made a loss and a not an insignificant one. So we were hardly rolling in it sufficient to give all the st holders a discount.

Football admission prices are too high, I think we all agree however it is no longer a "working class/man's sport". We as a fanbase cannot change that. As a bonus nobody pisses down the back of my leg in the south stand and I don't smell or feel like I've smoked a thousand cigarettes when I get home. The food isnt served by a grimey craggy faced bloke from Moss side with dirty fingernails and a faintly smoking dimp with an incredibly long ash remenant tenuously hanging from the side of his mouth that never falls, even when he speaks or holds out his dt induced shaking hand for the cash.

I don't get dogshit on my footwear and clothes everywhere traversing around the grounds alleyways or risk running into a gang of skinheads or kool kats who want to borrow 10p.

Neither do I have to run the gauntlet at Piccadilly train station of either away fans returning to wherever from Maine Road or bully boy coppers wanting to give someone a hiding in the back of a black marria.

A quick calculation tells me the cost of admission (season ticket cost for 1 game ie divided by 19) in 1985 was 2% of my weekly take home wages. Now its 8%. That's a pro rata increase of 400%, I'm not sure what to make of that apart from its expensive.
You're definitely time served

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.