City Myths

Apparently we have no history. Having won major trophies before any of the so called top teams ie. The rags the dippers et al this is another load of horse shit.
The 1915 British football betting scandal occurred when a Football League First Division match between Manchester United and Liverpool at Old Trafford on 2 April (Good Friday) 1915 was fixed in United's favour, with players from both sides benefiting from bets placed upon the result. In all, seven players were found to have participated in the scandal and all were subsequently banned for life, although most later had their bans overturned.

Funny how they were bank rolled by one of the richest english familys during the 70s
I couldn't be arsed having a proper discussion with him, I'll normally only talk football in person to match attending fans, as it tends to be civilised no matter who they follow.

No time for armchair cunts whatsoever.

Whoever was in charge of policing that day deserves a medal. He opened the fences up at the bottom so the crowd could get out and relieve the crush(I was one of them) and he opened up the corner of Kippax/platt Lane for home fans. If you watch the highlights, it's empty at start but after about 25 minutes it's rammed. He definitely did a good thing that day, especially when you see what happened in Bradford on the same day. Think possibly that MCFC got lucky that day.
Same scenario not long after away at pompey, cop were cunts there, wouldnt open the sectio up told me to shut up when I asked.

Same scenario not long after away at pompey, cop were cunts there, wouldnt open the sectio up told me to shut up when I asked.
I definitely think Hillsborough changed the old bills take on this kind of thing. Just shows that the copper in charge of City that day made a brilliant call.

Funny how they were bank rolled by one of the richest english familys during the 70s

They officially held the majority stake from 72-91. That’s the exact time span of their dominant period which is odd, maybe just pure coincidence. They won 55% of their entire trophy cabinet in this period. Although Littlewoods actually pumped money into the club before that, when they spent huge amounts of money in the 60’s, to go from the second division, to first division champions in the space of just a few years. However, even before 1972, they had the exact same number of major trophies as City did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.