City or Aston Villa vs Reading - FA Cup 6th Round

Re: Reading it is...

Holtenderinthesky said:
lee-mcfc said:
oh when did we beat villa??
sorry but this is city. anything can happen especially the way were playing atm

I cannot believe some of the comments. "Should" be going to Wembley?? Why so? Villa are a Premier League side that beat you 3 weeks ago and Reading are a tough outfit that have just won at Goodison. City have not won a thing in decades but now you "should" beat everyone that comes your way. Sounds a bit presumptuous to me.
We will be favourites because we are better than Villa full stop. But anything can happen on the night as Reading just proved.

Don't tell me Villa fans aren't elated at Everton's defeat. They fight like dogs and the Q/F was scheduled just ater we are due to play away in Ukraine so if we beat you a lot of us were thinking we'd go out against Everton. Now it looks like we can get as far as the semis.

I know you want to paint us as arrogant. It's just excitement. City fans have had too many disappointments over the years to expect anything

Holtender - reading the thread i don't think any City fan is taking it for granted.

We could not really have asked for more than two home games till the semis, so it is up to the team to prove how good they are.
They must show the desire to succeed as the ability is there.

Re: City or Aston Villa vs Reading

pjpar said:
Reading wont make it easy for us, they played well against Everton. good to see Moyes getting knocked out of the cup.
No wonder other teams supporters think we are getting the rags supporters disease of arrogance. Above post could be pinned in the Villa dressing room and that could be their team talk.
Big mistake to discount Villa, FA cup is all they have to play for this season and it looks like Houllier has got them sorted out a bit from the team that turned up at COMS. Dont even think about Reading till we have put in a shift against Villa.
Am I the only blue delighted that the rags lost to a soft penalty? Was thinking of the soft penalty the rags got to put Liverpool out of the cup, Fungus not raging at officials that particular day

Villa are in good form at the moment and only lost once in nine games. At least Darren Bent is missing. I feel they will try to frustrate us exactly how they did at Villa Park. We need to fire on all cylinders and be up for this.

Come on Boys, this is what we all wanted, no bottle merchants required!!!

Home tie awaiting, Villa will be shitting it, thinking they have a chance. Bobby Manc this is your chance to deliver.

It might not be pretty, but its a must win.

Go make it happen you blue boys.

COME ONNNNNN!!!

CTID

prima

Holtenderinthesky said:
lee-mcfc said:
oh when did we beat villa??
sorry but this is city. anything can happen especially the way were playing atm

I cannot believe some of the comments. "Should" be going to Wembley?? Why so? Villa are a Premier League side that beat you 3 weeks ago and Reading are a tough outfit that have just won at Goodison. City have not won a thing in decades but now you "should" beat everyone that comes your way. Sounds a bit presumptuous to me.

Beating blackburn at home makes you barcelona does it???? one result doesn't make you a great side, so back in your box. nobody has said we WILL get through, just that we would be pissed off not to get through, taking 2 home ties into account. as im sure the villa fans would be if you were playing us at your place, followed by reading.

The biggest problem tomorrow night for me is not Villa or the noise of their fans, it's complacency. Time for Mancini to earn his wages tomorrow night and prepare the team properly for a match that is huge for both teams. Both of us have the power and pace to take out Reading no matter how good they play in a quarter final. For me it will depend on who is mentally toughest on the night and wants to win the most. I hope though that this result puts a few more thousand on our gate. We need as many blues out there as possible. it's tough financially at the moment but this is where we can really lift our season. Mancini, play Micah he's a man reborn and knows how to score against the Villa and we need that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.