City Ownership

Damocles, why do you continue to hurt my club? With every post, it feels like a dagger plunged into the heart of eastlands. As i type this the life force of, that which was once a proud, positive, local club is ebbing slowly away........

Dramatic enough for everyone? FFS what's next, shall we hound the lad from the board, because he has done some research into the managers speech?
pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft!

BringBackSwales said:
A few points come to mind about this post:-

1. We win something for the first time in 35 years, we finish joint second in the PL, so lets find something else to MOAN ABOUT rather than just for once enjoy being happy and positive

2. We cannot make our owners too happy in some ways - they invest £0.5 billion in us, we get success, and we cannot sell the ground out, that must surely piss them off a bit? - it certainly does me

3. We have the press (gutter and broadsheet) regularly writing all sorts of undeserved shit about us, we know they read this forum, so what do we do, we give them more shit to write about us - can see it now "even the moderators of their own forums have got problems with the morals of the club's owners bla bla bla

We have got owners that would do the best Carlsberg ad ever, yet what do we do? To think that Gary Cook wants "Typical City" to disappear - this thread is as "Typical City" as it gets. I can only judge our owners by what they do for our football club, and what they have done is utterly brilliant - shall we have owners like the glazers, is that what good owners do FFS?

Have spent all day reading this thread ("working from Home , LOL !!")
and have to say that,through the smoke ... I have to agree with this post..

all things being equal this thread is pure gold for the press who thrive on idle speculation

I stll think, Damo, though I'm not a lawyer, a little prudence in your public forum accusations might be appropriate , both for our sakes but also your own

This is heavy duty libel stuff and you seem to ave some isolated bits of info that you yourself are weaving into a tapestry of your own making.

I'm an ex AI activist and we were taught to take each HR abuse as a single case... the idea of building a conspiracy theory between isolated facts to individuals thertofore unconnected was was seen as not only way beyond our remit....but also a legal minefield...

be careful M8

Damocles said:
80s Shorts said:
S04 explained the background to the video and the lack of connection to our owner and you acknowledged his post in a positive manner. Yet here again you try to justify it posting the video.

"Lack of connection to our owner". *sigh*

Also, without offense to S04, his behaviour is not excused by his personal problems. Maybe you should look at the Wikipedia article about what actually happened and over how many years.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issa_bin_Zayed_Al_Nahyan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issa_bin_Zayed_Al_Nahyan</a>

S04 said:
But let me get back to damocles Q about who has final say..It´s where things get complicated ;)

There was a decision taken, a strategy worked upon that Abu Dhabi would become a player in sports and media..In different ways several of the Al-Nahyan princes aim at this, sometimes they join forces on a certain project.

Sheikh Mansour came up with buying a club, or someone in his close circle anyway..personally I think it was Sheikh Mo of Dubai who failed to buy Liverpool that was the inspiration. Sheikh Mo is his father in law as well.

So there´s both a consensus and an individual effort by Abu Dhabi. It did of course require the blessing of the crownprince of Abu Dhabi (another Sheikh Mo) but he even loaned us Khaldoon who otherwise basically is his right hand man.

So who have the final say in regards to City as we mean it in the UK?, it´s Sheikh Mansour..who many believe might one day become the new crownprince.

I get all of that, and understand the AD agenda of building a lasting legacy for when the oil runs out. For the record, I remember reading somewhere that the Dubai investors looked at us before ADUG, but were warned off us by Abu Dhabi? Does that sound familiar?

In regards to final say, if for example, Sheikh Mansour wanted to do A and Sheikh Mohammed/Sheikh Khalifa wanted to do B, City would do A or B? Or would we do C, which is a compromise/result of a group decision

Or would they do the............

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbBDuBr3fNc&feature=related[/youtube]

That''s how the Royal Family decided to buy City instead of the other football clubs they looked at.

(I know you shouldn't laugh at your own jokes and posts, but I'm currently lieng on the floor, suffering from sciatica, and I'm in stitches just thinking about them doing the Oki-Doki in one of their palaces)

"Yes, it is City then!"

I think I have sussed what the score is with this forum, its the talk sport business model. I assume the income of this forum is based upon advertising revenue, and that advertising revenue is presumably proportional to the number of visitors, number of clicks etc. So just like talk shite, the more controversial stuff on here, the more visitors and the more posts/clicks. So what you get is for instance:-

Mod number 1 de niro goes on and on about how crap Mancini is, people get pissed off and answer his posts, more people come in here etc

Mod number 2 damocles - lots of people in here at the moment due to City' success so let's get them more active by asking serious questions about the ethics of the owners of the Club - more controversy = more visitors = more adverising revenue

Friend of owner = tolmie - posts vague riddles in here, gets loads of people hooked (and I mean loads) - anyone having the temerity to doubt the supposed ITK status of tolmie gets dogs abuse; other friends of tolmie post how accurate tolmie's information is and so everyone believes he is ITK, hence more visitors, and more advertising revenue for Bluemooon

So tell me, which one of you is adrian durham and which one is ronnie fooking irani?

End of conspiracy theory

No I didn't. I wanted giddy young numpties to stop bumping it repeatedly. World of difference. Thankfully noone sung your silly song so it didn't matter.

Ohhh there's some poison dripping around this thread today.....it's like the good old days!

Ah well, at least the next time some nobhead opposition fans sing "You're owned by terrorists..." we'll know they've been on Bluemoon for research purposes!

SalfordCityBlue said:
This thread should be in classic if only for the hilariously inappropriate use of the term glasnost...

As for the rest of it? Amateur Internet conspiracy sleuthery and a desperate search for something to moan about IMO.
Pmsl

BringBackSwales said:
I think I have sussed what the score is with this forum, its the talk sport business model. I assume the income of this forum is based upon advertising revenue, and that advertising revenue is presumably proportional to the number of visitors, number of clicks etc. So just like talk shite, the more controversial stuff on here, the more visitors and the more posts/clicks. So what you get is for instance:-

Mod number 1 de niro goes on and on about how crap Mancini is, people get pissed off and answer his posts, more people come in here etc

Mod number 2 damocles - lots of people in here at the moment due to City' success so let's get them more active by asking serious questions about the ethics of the owners of the Club - more controversy = more visitors = more adverising revenue

Friend of owner = tolmie - posts vague riddles in here, gets loads of people hooked (and I mean loads) - anyone having the temerity to doubt the supposed ITK status of tolmie gets dogs abuse; other friends of tolmie post how accurate tolmie's information is and so everyone believes he is ITK, hence more visitors, and more advertising revenue for Bluemooon

So tell me, which one of you is adrian durham and which one is ronnie fooking irani?

End of conspiracy theory

Haha, that's brilliant.

BringBackSwales said:

End of conspiracy theory

You know what, that is the only thing that can explain the behaviour of these "moderators". Even De Niro made a brief appearance in this thread earlier to decry it. Really hadnt thought about it in the talk sport model but it is the only explanation. Wonder if Dismals on the payroll too.

glen quagmire said:
Damocles, why do you continue to hurt my club? With every post, it feels like a dagger plunged into the heart of eastlands. As i type this the life force of, that which was once a proud, positive, local club is ebbing slowly away........

Dramatic enough for everyone? FFS what's next, shall we hound the lad from the board, because he has done some research into the managers speech?
pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft!

Yes because he's being a knob with this pointless & hurtful thread which is pissing all over our 1st homecoming parade in 35 years! Can't you see how much this is upsetting people!

And trying to justify 'City Ownership' with this 'free speech' bollocks less than a week and a half after we've won the fucking FA Cup is just fueling this ridiculous attack on our precious club by supposedly one of our own!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.