City Ownership

Didsbury Dave said:
No I didn't. I wanted giddy young numpties to stop bumping it repeatedly. World of difference. Thankfully noone sung your silly song so it didn't matter.

Ohhh there's some poison dripping around this thread today.....it's like the good old days!

But thankfully 32,000 and 25,000 did the Poznan respectively.

After that we never heard a peep from you or your cheese posse on the matter.

See you at the Cheese Hamlet in the morning Dave.

80s Shorts said:
BringBackSwales said:
I think I have sussed what the score is with this forum, its the talk sport business model. I assume the income of this forum is based upon advertising revenue, and that advertising revenue is presumably proportional to the number of visitors, number of clicks etc. So just like talk shite, the more controversial stuff on here, the more visitors and the more posts/clicks. So what you get is for instance:-

Mod number 1 de niro goes on and on about how crap Mancini is, people get pissed off and answer his posts, more people come in here etc

Mod number 2 damocles - lots of people in here at the moment due to City' success so let's get them more active by asking serious questions about the ethics of the owners of the Club - more controversy = more visitors = more adverising revenue

Friend of owner = tolmie - posts vague riddles in here, gets loads of people hooked (and I mean loads) - anyone having the temerity to doubt the supposed ITK status of tolmie gets dogs abuse; other friends of tolmie post how accurate tolmie's information is and so everyone believes he is ITK, hence more visitors, and more advertising revenue for Bluemooon

So tell me, which one of you is adrian durham and which one is ronnie fooking irani?

End of conspiracy theory

You know what, that is the only thing that can explain the behaviour of these "moderators". Even De Niro made a brief appearance in this thread earlier to decry it. Really hadnt thought about it in the talk sport model but it is the only explanation. Wonder if Dismals on the payroll too.

my understanding of the usual role of a forum moderator is that they are indeed there to moderate, such as if people's behaviour gets really out of hand, not to make 20k+ posts, often inflaming situations and creating controversial threads to get the visitor numbers up. I do agree with damocles' assertion that he is not here to be a cheerleader, but is he here to be a shit stirrer? - tbh I assume the answer to that question is yes. I think this thread is a clear example of such

BringBackSwales said:
I think I have sussed what the score is with this forum, its the talk sport business model. I assume the income of this forum is based upon advertising revenue, and that advertising revenue is presumably proportional to the number of visitors, number of clicks etc. So just like talk shite, the more controversial stuff on here, the more visitors and the more posts/clicks. So what you get is for instance:-

Mod number 1 de niro goes on and on about how crap Mancini is, people get pissed off and answer his posts, more people come in here etc

Mod number 2 damocles - lots of people in here at the moment due to City' success so let's get them more active by asking serious questions about the ethics of the owners of the Club - more controversy = more visitors = more adverising revenue

Friend of owner = tolmie - posts vague riddles in here, gets loads of people hooked (and I mean loads) - anyone having the temerity to doubt the supposed ITK status of tolmie gets dogs abuse; other friends of tolmie post how accurate tolmie's information is and so everyone believes he is ITK, hence more visitors, and more advertising revenue for Bluemooon

So tell me, which one of you is adrian durham and which one is ronnie fooking irani?

End of conspiracy theory
Hmmmmm....

BringBackSwales said:
80s Shorts said:
BringBackSwales said:

End of conspiracy theory

You know what, that is the only thing that can explain the behaviour of these "moderators". Even De Niro made a brief appearance in this thread earlier to decry it. Really hadnt thought about it in the talk sport model but it is the only explanation. Wonder if Dismals on the payroll too.

my understanding of the usual role of a forum moderator is that they are indeed there to moderate, such as if people's behaviour gets really out of hand, not to make 20k+ posts, often inflaming situations and creating controversial threads to get the visitor numbers up. I do agree with damocles' assertion that he is not here to be a cheerleader, but is he here to be a shit stirrer? - tbh I assume the answer to that question is yes. I think this thread is a clear example of such

Awesome. I'll be taking my wages this week please Ric!

Damocles said:
BringBackSwales said:
80s Shorts said:

your fired

BringBackSwales said:
80s Shorts said:
BringBackSwales said:

End of conspiracy theory

The "moderators" on here are unusual.
;-)

Ony 364 days to go.(before the thread ticks over)

_52817427_00_banner_getty.jpg

Damocles said:
BringBackSwales said:
80s Shorts said:

Ah ha, gotcha. Flippant comment, very quickly posted in reply. He hadnt even mentioned your wages.

Conspiracy theories, you gotta love em eh Damo.

Awesome. I'll be taking my wages this week please Ric![/quote]

tell me this, have I misunderstood the raison d'etre of this website? Does Ric Turner do it as a charity or does he make money off it? Does that money come from advertising revenue or does it come from the cyber fairies? Does that revenue increase or decrease based on the number of site visitors and the number of posts/clicks?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.