City Ownership

Rascal said:
With my past history on the subject of ownership of our club perhaps i should say nothing.

I will however say that if a person has genuine fears and does feel strongly about the owners, they should not be ridiculed or made to feel as though they are undermining the club.

Reasoned debate on the facts is the way to do it.

I haven't ridiculed him in the slightest, I have just disagreed with his views, and also suggested that controversial threads = good business for this website (a la talk sport methods)

Rascal said:
With my past history on the subject of ownership of our club perhaps i should say nothing.

I will however say that if a person has genuine fears and does feel strongly about the owners, they should not be ridiculed or made to feel as though they are undermining the club.

Reasoned debate on the facts is the way to do it.[/quote]

The fact is that 100% of the shares of MCFC are owned by Sheik Mansour.

Rascal said:

Reasoned debate on the facts is the way to do it.
so why do it this week of all bloody weeks???
attention seeking or what ??

1)Something jumped out at me immediately last night...a right hander ???..
2) Mancini, on the pitch, said blah blah blah-…..an italian speaking in broken English.. ffs
3) Now, Man City have always maintained that they are 100% owned by Sheikh Mansour... DO YOU WANT TO PUT A BILLION QUID IN CITY?
4) I'll come to the oil money thing later ..BEG MY FRENCH but what the fuck has it to do with you a knowbody?
5) Royal Family of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mansour..... one and the same person. His tribe owned the desert they found oil whoosh and Jed said move away from their..ffs do some fucking research
6) Although his wealth did come from oil originally, he's made billions in smart business moves..He made 3 billion I think off Barclays bank...BUT I COME BACK AGAIN WHAT THE FUCK HAS IT TO DO WITH YOU?

7) I would quite like to know if we are owned by a human rights abuser again or not. ,,,,i hope we are and i also hope they are looking for someone to get their hooks into...i spy with my little eye...YOU

Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan is the hereditary ruler of Abu Dhabi (UAE). He is a son of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the first president of the United Arab Emirates. His half-brother, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, is Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, and wields considerable influence as Chairman of Abu Dhabi's Executive Council and Deputy Supreme Commander of the armed forces of The United Arab Emirates.[16]
The total number of members of the Executive Council has been slimmed down to 98 since the succession and it now consists largely of prominent members of the ruling family as well as a number of respected politicians.[17]
The emirates maintain their hereditary rulers who, as a group, form the UAE’s Supreme Council of Rulers, headed by the president. Although the presidency is renewable every five years through a vote in the council, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan held the presidency from the formation of the UAE until his death in November 2004, and there is an implicit understanding that Abu Dhabi’s ruler will always be elected president.[17]
At a federal level, laws must be ratified by the Supreme Council. The Council of Ministers forms the executive authority of the state. This 20-member cabinet is headed by the president’s chosen prime minister, a post currently held by Dubai’s ruler, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. The cabinet also refers to the Federal National Council (FNC), a 40-member consultative body to which each emirate appoints a certain number of members. In the case of Abu Dhabi, this is eight. The procedures for appointment to the FNC have recently been amended so that each emirate must now select its representatives through an electoral body. The size of each electoral authority must be 100 times greater than the number of representatives it appoints. Half the members of each electoral body will be selected by the ruler of the emirate while the other half will be directly elected by residents of the emirate. These amendments are considered to be the first step in a wider electoral reform program which will see greater representation at a federal level.[18]

ps

I would quite like to know........ not being funny pal but you sound a bit GAY.........

Didsbury Dave said:
80s Shorts said:
S04 said:
I can tell you, it´s an old scandal involving Sheikh Issa.

Born as one of the late Emirs 19 sons he grew up adoring his brother that was an up and coming Al-Nahyan, his brother Nasser was in the military but his helicopter and six crewmen went missing near an area disputed with Iran. Some still think it was shoot down but the official version says accident.
Mad with grief young Issa started doing drugs, heavily..He became erratic and violent and when an arab grain-trader overcharged him he went berserk.
It was caught on film.

When the matter in due time reached the local court Issa admitted to being a drug-addict and prone to rages.
He was then turned over to the Royal Household where he now mostly dedicates his time and money on religious charities and have plenty of old Imams as company...Not that he had a choice really.

Thankyou S04. I find it reprehensible that a moderator on this forum should use a video such as this to, in his own words "make a point". Maybe he regrets the OP and maybe he should consult better informed people before causing this storm in a rather large teacup.

Hopefully he regrets the posting of this video to "make a point"

Disgusted of Burnage.
Do you do anything on this forum apart from attack others with better formed opinions than your own?

"I find it reprehensible" pmsl
Still not seen that doctor then.....

To be honest I was expecting a few questions after listening to Mancini’s speech, although I did not expect this sort of inquisition (cue Monty Python jokes)!

Damocles, I thought the ownership structure has already been explained before, but I guess this was the reason why I signed up to Bluemoon in the first place so let me try to
make myself clear this time.

City is owned by Sheikh Mansour.

Khaldoon Al Mubarak is Chairman.

Mohamed Mubarak Al Mazrouei is on the Board.

The latter two work directly for the Crown Prince, this can be seen clearly from the positions they hold in Abu Dhabi, they are in effect his right hand men. They are at City to keep an eye on things and ensure that the ‘Project’ runs smoothly.

There is no way that Sheikh Mansour could have woken up one day and said hmmm this football ownership business looks like a hoot, where is my chequebook? Everything would have to be approved by the Royal Family and in particular Sheikh Mansour’s older full brother Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed (the Crown Prince).

The actual idea of owning an English football club was given to Sheikh Mansour by his father-in-law Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (the ruler of Dubai) who as people are probably aware failed in a bid to purchase Liverpool via the Dubai SWF DIC. When other football clubs became available Sheikh Mohammed (the Dubai ruler) was made aware of this by Amanda Staveley (an advisor who is close to several Middle East Royal Families via here acquaintance with Prince Andrew). As he was no longer interested in buying a football club at this time (various reasons for which there is no reason to get into at this time) he recommended the notion to his son-in-law.

The overall plan for Manchester City will not be decided by one man alone, but if important decisions need to be made (no not like buying Torres or Dzeko) they will be discussed by other people and have to be approved by the Crown Prince (think investment in and development of East Manchester).

As to sponsorship deals, it is common to use local sponsors. For example in Abu Dhabi, Al Jazira of which Sheikh Mansour is President and Vice Chairman (note how another of his full brother’s is Honourary Chairman and that they play in the “Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium” –most things in Abu Dhabi are collaborations) have IPIC and Aabar emblazoned across their shirts. Although Sheikh Mansour is Chairman of IPIC (which in turn is the majority stakeholder in Aabar) he does not own the investment vehicle, it is a SWF. You will find the same situation with Etihad, one person does not own these companies they are government entities, not personal businesses. Although the distinction is a fine one when you consider that the Royal Family is the government, it is nonetheless an important one. All City’s sponsors have paid market value for the deals, there are no, nor will there be any ridiculous sponsorship deals, it just does not make any financial sense, especially when you consider that major companies like Aldar and Etihad have been struggling to break even and receive a lot of government support just so that they can manage their day to day affairs. All major companies whether Barclays or BP have marketing budgets and Middle-East companies are no different. Although City was not purchased as a marketing vehicle for Abu Dhabi over time the leadership has realised that it can in some small way be used as such. City was not purchased to save Abu Dhabi for when oil runs out (very long time before that happens) or to put them on the map, the club makes up one small part of a larger sector (Sports and Media) which Abu Dhabi are concentrating on to diversify their economy (read the Abu Dhabi 2030 plan if you are interested).

Now onto the tricky questions. The UAE like many countries has had its problems with Human Rights, this is not in dispute. However, many of the issues have been exaggerated and steps are constantly being taken to prevent such abuses from ever happening again. Nobody approves of human trafficking, abuse of labourers, prostitution etc, however, it is one thing to disapprove and another to stop them. The UAE is a new country and obviously has had some teething problems, however, in terms of the indigenous population, apart from Qataris, they are among the best treated locals in the world and the Royal Family unlike most governments are held in high esteem by the people. What I fail to understand is that there are no problems with Sheikh Mansour owing City but if it were his brother than it is unacceptable! Maybe, this is to do with the false notion that people seem to have of Sheikh Mansour just being a businessman who personally owns most Abu Dhabi linked businesses, be they Etihad or Ferrari*! Obviously people make money because of the positions they hold, whether that be a politician or a member of the Royal Family. Many members of the Royal Family hold government positions and run government entities but they also have their own personal wealth (again fine distinction but an important one).

Mancini is a clever man, his time in Italy has made him politically savvy. He knew exactly who he was talking about (he had a written speech for crying out loud, it was hardly as if blurted something out of the top of his head). The bottom line is that without the Crown Prince City would not be in the position they are in today, Mancini simply acknowledged that fact.

I hope that clears up a few misconceptions.

*Sheikh Mansour does not own, nor did he ever own any part of Ferrari. Mubadala (one of the SWF) bought a 5% stake to show Bernie Ecclestone that Abu Dhabi was serious about F1, the stake has since been sold back to Fiat for a (very) small profit

Damocles said:
Funny that, I've been a staunch supporter of Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour for numerous years on here; on their business acumen and their vision for a "project", when people were expecting an Al-Fahim type deal. But yes, it's clear that I really don't like them. Obviously.
You've been dynamic in your support of them I'd say.

Would be great if everyone who isn't attention seeking/ad revenue generating/conspiracy theorising could let this utter embarrassment of a thread die the death it so richly deserves...

Agree it should be pulled, but not through fear of media coverage, just because it makes us look ridiculous.

name and shame?

which posters are only here to be controversial and drive traffic ? (especially with that annoying fucking advert)

Skashion said:
Damocles said:
Funny that, I've been a staunch supporter of Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour for numerous years on here; on their business acumen and their vision for a "project", when people were expecting an Al-Fahim type deal. But yes, it's clear that I really don't like them. Obviously.
You've been dynamic in your support of them I'd say.

oh well that's that sorted then; so delighted to know that the direct comment "our oh so glorious owners" could in no way be construed as negative or sarcastic. Obviously. My god there really are some self righteous individuals in here - the positivity that comes out of the phrase "our oh so glorious owners is obvious, obviously

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.