City Ownership

Damocles said:
Yes, what we should all do, is not have a discussion about things that are potentially negative, because City are that precious that they will crack if anything bad is mentioned. "Potentially damaging the club"? Do me a favour.

No, what we should do is potentially put something fairly damaging and wholey inaccurate out on to the public domain to be taken up by a rabid media, just so that you can "square it off with yourself" about whether our money is from oil or business profits. Makes perfect sense.

SWP's back said:
To what end?

To the end that I would like to know who our investors are? And what Sheikh Mohammed has to do with Manchester City?

This is like Ancelotti going on the pitch and thanking Vladimir Putin (well, kind of, it's more dynastic in AD, but you see my point). One is a private individual who owns the football club; another is a world leader who has nothing to do with football apart from been close to the actual owner.

Damocles said:
It's currently our club website (a very biased source) vs. a comment from our manager (probably ignorant to ownership details and notoriously bad at English.)

You're telling me that a man who has had a long friendship with Khaldoon and has visited Sheikh Mansour on numerous occasions; who oversaw the football side of a new youth academy in Abu Dhabi when at Inter and later visited the country to see it in action, would have no idea who his boss is? Or that he would be confused over who to thank?

If he was thanking the Head of the Al-Nayhan family, he would have thanked Sheikh Khalifa. If he was thanking our owner as reported, he would have thanked Sheikh Mansour. Why does Sheikh Mohammed need to be thanked for this season's achievements, and why was it edited out of his quote on the OS?

I think that that is a pretty legitimate question.

And how do you know that it wasn't PERSONAL thanks, that had no club connection, so why print it? Lots of things get left on the cutting room floor, when it comes to print, as well you know.

He could say it, but we don't have investigate it, do we? If he wanted to thank his dog that kept him company, would it be relevant to read about, club-wise??

Damocles said:
SWP's back said:
To what end?

To the end that I would like to know who our investors are? And what Sheikh Mohammed has to do with Manchester City?

This is like Ancelotti going on the pitch and thanking Vladimir Putin (well, kind of, it's more dynastic in AD, but you see my point). One is a private individual who owns the football club; another is a world leader who has nothing to do with football apart from been close to the actual owner.

And if Putin was investing in City what would your actions be - would you stop supporting us?

Damocles,

You do realise the implications posting such an absurd "rumour" on here can do nowadays don't you ?

This will be all over every paper tomorrow.

When the club want to know whom started this bollocks off, YOUR name will come back.

You wouldn't want to be in a lawsuit with YOUR OWN CLUB would you ?

As per MCFC.CO.UK and the PREMIERLEAGUE.COM state when the paper work of this takeover transaction was completed it ALL confirms we are wholy owned by HH Shekih Mansour Bin Zayad Al Nayhan.

Now i suggest this thread is locked and deleted.

Noticed this myself last night too. Very interesting.

Who is Mohamed Mubarak Al Mazrouei ? He is a Director of most of the City related companies.

If Damocles is that bothered, click this link, pay £4.99 and read the clubs annual return AR01 which will include a full list of directors and shareholders of the club:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/Company/AllDocuments/190165" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/Compa ... nts/190165</a>

I heard Mancini say "player" instead on "players" before so could the word "owners" be "owner" and just be a lack of his ability to speak english?

The thanks to sheikh Mohamed could just be a personal thanks for his friendship and support. It does NO harm to say thankyou to a friend who's also a multi billionaire.<br /><br />-- Tue May 24, 2011 10:37 am --<br /><br />I heard Mancini say "player" instead on "players" before so could the word "owners" be "owner" and just be a lack of his ability to speak english?

The thanks to sheikh Mohamed could just be a personal thanks for his friendship and support. It does NO harm to say thankyou to a friend who's also a multi billionaire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.