City Ownership

It's currently our club website (a very biased source) vs. a comment from our manager (probably ignorant to ownership details and notoriously bad at English.)

You're telling me that a man who has had a long friendship with Khaldoon and has visited Sheikh Mansour on numerous occasions; who oversaw the football side of a new youth academy in Abu Dhabi when at Inter and later visited the country to see it in action, would have no idea who his boss is? Or that he would be confused over who to thank?

If he was thanking the Head of the Al-Nayhan family, he would have thanked Sheikh Khalifa. If he was thanking our owner as reported, he would have thanked Sheikh Mansour. Why does Sheikh Mohammed need to be thanked for this season's achievements, and why was it edited out of his quote on the OS?

I think that that is a pretty legitimate question.

Feck Damo lock it and delete it mate....

Jesus wept can we not just have a day in the sunlight for once!!!!

Besides I'm with project on this as he knows his stuff, if he's not bothered then neither am I.

Please delete it before some scummy bastid puts it in ink!

inbetween said:
Bigga said:
Not even really sure what the point of this thread is.

Only City fans can snatch defeat from the jaws of 'victory' in unseemly fashion and give, yet another reason for tabloid bashing to this illustrious club.

I would suggest, Damo, that your conclusion be 100% air tight, rather than publishing as you think and not bring unnecessary (and perhaps) unfounded attention to a fantastic season.

At the end of the day, who knew Mancini would be really good friends with al-Mubarak, who is in turn good friends with the Sheik? So, therefore, is it not possible Mancini knows Sheik Mohammed in other capacities linked to the club, other than ownership??

I dunno, I'm kicking around thought process like you, Damo, but I'm not potentially damaging the club with unfounded speculation.

I don't think it is damaging at all, rather something Sheikh Mohammed was accused of something that was never really proven. Either way, ignorance is bliss in these scenarios as we will never know the background to it, all we can assume though is that Sheikh Mansour is in full control of the club, the other niggly bits we can just ignore as it will always remain pure speculation.

But it's unfounded speculation that can and WILL be used as yet another hammer to this club. Do you not understand that? This thoughtless piece of thread writing could be used as infamous 'source' information.

And we all know how THAT can snowball...

Please delete this thread before the Guardian and Daily Mail start publishing conspiracy theories.

:)

In all seriousness though, I don't really care. My players are getting paid and I'm entertained so fook it?

Yes, what we should all do, is not have a discussion about things that are potentially negative, because City are that precious that they will crack if anything bad is mentioned. "Potentially damaging the club"? Do me a favour.

Damocles said:
It's currently our club website (a very biased source) vs. a comment from our manager (probably ignorant to ownership details and notoriously bad at English.)

You're telling me that a man who has had a long friendship with Khaldoon and has visited Sheikh Mansour on numerous occasions; who oversaw the football side of a new youth academy in Abu Dhabi when at Inter and later visited the country to see it in action, would have no idea who his boss is? Or that he would be confused over who to thank?

If he was thanking the Head of the Al-Nayhan family, he would have thanked Sheikh Khalifa. If he was thanking our owner as reported, he would have thanked Sheikh Mansour. Why does Sheikh Mohammed need to be thanked for this season's achievements, and why was it edited out of his quote on the OS?

It's a good question but if City's media team are privy to the internal goings on at city, surely things would of broke out in some form, or surely it isn't important. Probably they just aren't that important which i think is the case. The money is definitely coming from Sheikh Mansour and he owns this club, Khaldoon wouldn't lie in an interview to the fans, there would be no purpose in that, there is no issue here.

Damocles said:

To what end?

Damocles said:

It is impossible to know why Mancini thanked Sheikh Mohammad. Perhaps he has personally met him on a trip to Abu Dhabi. Perhaps it was edited because it was a misstatement, or perhaps the club is hiding the ownership details.

Point is, Mancini is a manager who can be fired tomorrow. If Mansour were dumb enough to let him know this, he risks Mancini blabbing to the media in a revenge ploy against his former employers after an acrimonious parting.

The true details of the ownership and investment are probably only known to Mansour, Khaldoon, the royal family and their top lawyers and senior advisers. And none of these people would ever let a secret like that slip to a mere football manager.

Damocles said:
Yes, what we should all do, is not have a discussion about things that are potentially negative, because City are that precious that they will crack if anything bad is mentioned. "Potentially damaging the club"? Do me a favour.

no the differance being you seem to have made a mountain out of a mole hill why?

mancini thanks the owner!
mancini thanks the director!
mancini thanks the the man that has sponsored us with a lot of money!

the problem being it got edited out of the OS jesus wept.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.