City Ownership

Damocles said:
leewill31 said:
gets a bit OTT when the manager gives credit to some one ffs.

out of interest the companys that have sponsored us who owns them?

Essentially, Abu Dhabi Royal Family are the major investors behind Aabar, ADTA, Etisalat, Ferrostaal, and Etihad.

would i be wrong in saying our main sponsors Etihad and the director of said company is Sheikh Mohammed?

Damocles said:
Blue Haze said:
Club ownership

Manchester City Football Club is owned 100% by His Highness Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/The-Club/Corporate-Info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/The-Club/Corporate-Info</a>

End of, unless you're accusing our owner of lying.

Yes, that's a completely unbiased source.

We can speculate all day. That's fine.

It's currently our club website (a very biased source) vs. a comment from our manager (probably ignorant to ownership details and notoriously bad at English.)

I probably do tend to believe that Mansour is not the only interested party in this concern, but that's beside the point. Do you really want this speculation in writing on Blue Moon? I'm American and thus immune to all this UK libel stuff, but is the website? I have no idea of your laws, but this kind of stuff is snuffed out quickly on other UK football forums.

Bigga said:
Not even really sure what the point of this thread is.

Only City fans can snatch defeat from the jaws of 'victory' in unseemly fashion and give, yet another reason for tabloid bashing to this illustrious club.

I would suggest, Damo, that your conclusion be 100% air tight, rather than publishing as you think and not bring unnecessary (and perhaps) unfounded attention to a fantastic season.

At the end of the day, who knew Mancini would be really good friends with al-Mubarak, who is in turn good friends with the Sheik? So, therefore, is it not possible Mancini knows Sheik Mohammed in other capacities linked to the club, other than ownership??

I dunno, I'm kicking around thought process like you, Damo, but I'm not potentially damaging the club with unfounded speculation.

to be honest im pretty shocked as a whole with this thread as far as im concerned our managers shows respect to the owner,the director and the owner of our sponsors and yet its some kind of conspiracy witch hunt.

Damocles said:
Blue Haze said:
Club ownership

Manchester City Football Club is owned 100% by His Highness Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/The-Club/Corporate-Info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/The-Club/Corporate-Info</a>

End of, unless you're accusing our owner of lying.

Yes, that's a completely unbiased source.

Unbiased? What are you on Damocles? SO you are saying the owner, Sheik Mansour is lying and there is, let's say a "cabal" of Sheiks running the place as a front for an army of human right's abusing mercenaries?

Or Mancini has met members of the Royal Family of Abu Dhabi, and received good support from them and wanted to thank them? Mountain mole hill much?

Damo for an intelligent bloke you really have had a brain fart this morning with this.

I will hazard a guess that this story will be in the media by the morning.

Bigga said:

Only City fans can snatch defeat from the jaws of 'victory' in unseemly fashion and give, yet another reason for tabloid bashing to this illustrious club.

I would suggest, Damo, that your conclusion be 100% air tight, rather than publishing as you think and not bring unnecessary (and perhaps) unfounded attention to a fantastic season.

At the end of the day, who knew Mancini would be really good friends with al-Mubarak, who is in turn good friends with the Sheik? So, therefore, is it not possible Mancini knows Sheik Mohammed in other capacities linked to the club, other than ownership??

I dunno, I'm kicking around thought process like you, Damo, but I'm not potentially damaging the club with unfounded speculation.

I don't think it is damaging at all, rather something Sheikh Mohammed was accused of something that was never really proven. Either way, ignorance is bliss in these scenarios as we will never know the background to it, all we can assume though is that Sheikh Mansour is in full control of the club, the other niggly bits we can just ignore as it will always remain pure speculation.

leewill31 said:
Bigga said:

to be honest im pretty shocked as a whole with this thread as far as im concerned our managers shows respect to the owner,the director and the owner of our sponsors and yet its some kind of conspiracy witch hunt.

This. This is all i believe Mancini referred to, Sheikh Mohammed is next in line to the throne so i assume it was just a show of respect not just to him but to the people behind everything driving this club forwards.

blueinsa said:
Damo for an intelligent bloke you really have had a brain fart this morning with this.

I will hazard a guess that this story will be in the media by the morning.

That'll be job done if this happens then.

He'll have his 15minutes of fame and be knocking one out on the strength of it for the rest of the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.