City Ownership

Damo firstly you are basing this on something are Italian manager that doesnt have the best grasp of english said. The next thing is you went and blew it all out of proportion and brought middle eastern politics into it.

I suggest if he was an owner of us which he clearly isnt than you should cut your ties with the club such are your strong feelings on the subject but i trust you also walked away when Thaksin took control as well

Also thanks for giving the papers something to write about tommorow

Do we really think with how badly the media want a slice of us, that journalists, who are a lot more capable and have a lot better resourses to hand than people on here, haven't already digged a lot deeper into the ownership of City? They would have been checking these things out from the first day of the takeover.

fbloke said:
Its very easy to suggest that we all should fight against the ills of the world but why doesnt it happen?

Because outside of our immediate social circles, for good or ill, these larger issues mean very little to us.

You and I have worked/work in IT which if we lived up to the ideals you suggest we should should disgust us. We should refuse any contact with companies who trade with, manufacture in or sub-contract to China.

But guess what it doesn't happen because we all find ways of validating our own positions - self interest is like that of course.

You spend an inordinate amount of time pulling apart other peoples arguments apart and offering forward your labels for elements of them but very little time or effort rebutting.

I accept that we should all do more. I also accept that we aren't likely to.

You however suggest that that realism is in some way shameful whilst at the very same time busying yourself in doing very little about very little.

But as I said I am a realist who sees the world develop slowly and surely but also imperfectly.

Are you an idealist Dam' or is your head simple planted in the idealists sand pit?
All I ever needed to know about our esteemed mod Damocles, was that he considers those who thought OBL's death was a good thing, to be inhumane. Says it all.

At the current rate, this will end up like the atheist thread.

This post is for you, the fans.

I would like to thank Tim Berners-Lee, Linus Torvald, Julian Assange, the IMF, and Comical Ali. For the sake of clarity, none of them own my computer.

Didsbury Dave said:
Silvaslovechild said:
Damocles,

You do realise the implications posting such an absurd "rumour" on here can do nowadays don't you ?

This will be all over every paper tomorrow.

When the club want to know whom started this bollocks off, YOUR name will come back.

You wouldn't want to be in a lawsuit with YOUR OWN CLUB would you ?

As per MCFC.CO.UK and the PREMIERLEAGUE.COM state when the paper work of this takeover transaction was completed it ALL confirms we are wholy owned by HH Shekih Mansour Bin Zayad Al Nayhan.

Now i suggest this thread is locked and deleted.

Absolutely pmsl at the melodrama!

By the way Dave, we won the FA Cup and finished 3rd this season, just thought I'd let you know.

Didsbury Dave said:
Bigga said:
Having had time to reflect on this thread I'm, now, of the conclusion that City fans are truly of a unique disposition. I cannot think of another forum that scrutinises itself and club owner/s for every single ethical degree.

I find it amazing, in many ways.

Aha, the old "only city fans would do this / only on bluemoon" claptrap.

PMSL
I'd see a doctor as pissing yourself is all you ever do now your barbs are wasted on the management.

What a shite thread, well done OP with your gloomy outlook, why post something so controversial when we are all on such a high after recent events? I really do dispair about bluemoon at times and threads like this dont help. We are all entitled to our opinions but there is a time and a place,right now this is neither.

rickmcfc said:
What a shite thread, well done OP with your gloomy outlook, why post something so controversial when we are all on such a high after recent events? I really do dispair about bluemoon at times and threads like this dont help. We are all entitled to our opinions but there is a time and a place,right now this is neither.

If this thread has affected anyone's enjoyment of the last six weeks, then they have serious social problems.

Damocles said:
Longsight-memories said:
do us ALL a favour pal.. stick your fingers in your ears..

DO WE GIVE A FUCK NO

IS IT ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU NO

Can YOU do anything about it without pissing off our OWNERS NO

do you enjoy thinking you have found a scoop that can help heap shit on a club your suppose to support YES

so for the fans who dont give a fuck ..shut up..with your crap

Bellend, I'm sure you were all behind Frank dragging the name of our great club through the mud too as he was a bit rich too. Some things are more important than a bit of cash.

Also, it's very much "something to do with me" if some despotic leader owns MY club again, yes.
Get over yourself on this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.