City players at your school

Joehannes said:
Only just finished school, Angus Gunn joined when he moved here, nice lad, never in though, always off playing football whether it be with England or City.
On another note, I live next door to Alex Williams, really really nice guy, takes my brother to CITC camps, and offers to take me for 18 holes!
Sk4 corner house.
I grew up around the corner from his mums house in Levy and used to see him visiting when he was our number 1.

Geoff Lomax went to Audenshaw Grammar...same as me!<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:56 pm --<br /><br />I did play with and against Paul Lake many times and also against Andy Hinchcliffe and Paul Warhurst in Inter League games at Hyde and Mossley

mrjxf14 said:
paul power and david bardsley went to all hallows(changed name to st john plessington),wythenshawe and mark lillis went to my primary school...st aidans,wythenshawe.......paul power said in the "shoot" magazine the biggest influence on his carreer was a teacher from the school called mr howells,he taught us football too(a few yrs later)....top bloke......
St John Plessington was formerly St. Augustines Grammar School. I remember Paul Power being there but I don't recall David Bardsley. I do remember a young scamp practising his guitar at breaktimes . A lad called John Marr, I wonder what became of him......
My primary school was St Johns in Benchill where I have distant memories of playing football with a skillful young lad called John Byrne who went on to play for (amongst others) QPR and Ireland.

Why Always Ste said:
Gary & Phil Neville went to mine....
I imagine they were bullied mercilessly? I imagine that Gary was bullied more than Phil, and that Phil would help his older brother out, making him look even more twattish in the process? I imagine that they sat on their bunk beds and listened to tapes, though they pronounced it 'tearps' in that stooopid pie-eating accent they have.

That's what I imagine.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
markmcfc78 said:
Trevor Sinclair, Mersey Drive Primary then Castlebrook High,

hope you dont mind me asking mate...what is your surname? pm me...

-- Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:50 pm --

Not gloating about this one but played many times against Giggs both at school and local team. I was at Ambrose in Swinton,Giggs was at Moorside... Fucker scored the winner to put us out of a semi final..Will never forget that or when he scored 11 against my team Unsworth when he played for Deans.

I suffered the same fate as you at school level (Swinton / Pendlebury / crommy - whatever you want to know it as). And rugby too.

Fortunately I used to play in the same deans team as him - dont remember him scoring eleven in a game though? Maybe I was just freezing my balls off on the other wing doing fuck all as usual, cos every fucker passed to him and not me!!

None went to my primary or secondary school unfortunately.

However David White and his "Soccer Road Show," came to my primary Davyhulme Juniors once a week, must have been about 8 or 9 and remember being shown how to shoot and take a free kick by David White himself, was still in decent shape I seem to remember, funny when ive seen pictures of him since or on the t.v its mad.

I am next door but one neighbour with the late great Dave Ewing RIP,his wife still lives there

Prestwich_Blue said:
Went to primary school (Temple in Cheetham) with a lad called Peter Sutcliffe. Not the Yorkshire Ripper I hasten to add. He signed for the rags but didn't make any first team appearances then went on ot Stockport, Port Vale & Chester.

My kids went to primary school with Blackburn's Nick Blackman. Neither played for City I'm sorry to say.

However my daughter went to the same school as Vicky Kloss (although they weren't there at the same time). She was also in the same year as Gary Owen's step-daughter. Does that count?

Ah, good old KD!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.