City Players who "never had a bad game"

Skashion said:
Never saw him play but most of the old hands tend to mention Asa Hartford in this category.

Not really, Asa's form tended to make the difference between a win and a defeat.

Bell, Donnachie & Power were very reliable

Blumers Bloomers said:
Spencer Prior - someone told me the other day he was never on the losing side for City, but that can't be right, surely?!!!!

When he signed for us we went on a long unbeaten run, cant remember how many

Paul Power was better than given credit for by blues

truebluetoronto said:
Of the players in the current squad who would qualify, I would nominate Zaba & Clichy as having rarely had bad games, and although he has only been here a few months I would mention Nastasic.
Of the players in the Joe & Malc era who would qualify, I would nominate Colin Bell & Alan Oakes who never had bad games, and Mike Doyle & Tommy Booth & Dave Watson who rarely had bad games.
Of the players in my early days of standing on the Kippax who would qualify, I would nominate Bert Trautmann & Dave Ewing & Roy Paul.

A more interesting discussion would be players of this and earlier eras who regularly had poor games but who somehow continue getting on the teamsheet, players who are possibly over-worked but more likely over-paid & over-rated; players where the manager (past & present) put too much mis-placed trust into, players who just stayed too long; such as Balo, Kolo, Yaya, Ade, Robinho, Elano, Bridge, RSC, Benjani. Did I forget Balo? no unfortunately I still remember Balo but maybe he'll be gone soon.

According to a Sky text, City page 541, "quote" from Mancini, Balo is not for sale and even if he (Mancini) leaves for another club Balo will stay as he is a City player

Re: City Players who

Martyn said:
Tevez City said:
city91 said:
Zabba, Kompany, Barry, Milner and Tevez. The reason they rarely have a bad game is because they give 100% every game.

+1

+2

I seem to remember Tevez refusing to play on the pitch one day and then fucking off to Argentina for 4 months. I can't actually think of a shittier thing a player has done to a team.

Re: City Players who

noise said:
Martyn said:
Tevez City said:

+2

I seem to remember Tevez refusing to play on the pitch one day and then fucking off to Argentina for 4 months. I can't actually think of a shittier thing a player has done to a team.
Bruce Grobbelar did something I would consider worse
Also Zab was poor his first season
Barry has had some bad games
Kompany went through a bad point last season

I think Neil McNab deserves a mention, he was remarkably consistent for us over a few years. I'd also agree with Dave Watson - never saw him have a poor game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.