City predicted to finish 5th

One or two things that may harm our chances:

1) the Spurs v Arsenal game is still TBA. What price the bent FA decide to play it in May and what price the Arse having chuff all to play for by then?

2) If we continue through the next two Europa League rounds, then we will have European games just 3 days before Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton away, and Spurs at home.

3) Spurs have the easiest run in of all the teams in contention for a top 4 spot

Andouble said:
I was under the opinion that Mancini has to stay as manager regardless, but really if we finished around the same amount of points last season and finished 5th there'd be no other option but him getting the sack.
on dodgy ground now,as if this did happen we would be back to square one manager comes in moves players out and wants to bring who he wants in,for me mancini stays even if we do finish 5th which i dont think we will 3rd or 4th for me, although would rather have third as forth only gets us a play-off and we know what can happen with these games....

Exeter Blue I am here said:
One or two things that may harm our chances:

1) the Spurs v Arsenal game is still TBA. What price the bent FA decide to play it in May and what price the Arse having chuff all to play for by then?

2) If we continue through the next two Europa League rounds, then we will have European games just 3 days before Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton away, and Spurs at home.

3) Spurs have the easiest run in of all the teams in contention for a top 4 spot

Arse will want to win that no matter what.

One scenario (a bit far-fetched) that worries me is that if Chelsea start to look out of it, Ancelotti might get the bullet and a new manager comes in, potentially giving them a major lift. (probably just in time for them to play us)

And just heard Jose is at the cottage tonight - spooky

deano ou812 said:
Andouble said:
I was under the opinion that Mancini has to stay as manager regardless, but really if we finished around the same amount of points last season and finished 5th there'd be no other option but him getting the sack.
on dodgy ground now,as if this did happen we would be back to square one manager comes in moves players out and wants to bring who he wants in,for me mancini stays even if we do finish 5th which i dont think we will 3rd or 4th for me, although would rather have third as forth only gets us a play-off and we know what can happen with these games....

everything's bit crazy at the mo. If we play like we did on Saturday for the rest of the season we should be ok.

It's mid February for fucks sake with almost a third of the season to go. After 10 games this season, all the pundits and predictor bollocks were saying that Chelsea were going to walk it, After 20 games the same pundits and predictors were saying that the same Chelsea were fucked. The fact remains that everything is still up for grabs - everything. Despite the continuing wankfest about the rags and 'the greatest goal ever scored' etc, we all saw that we made them look very ordinary for most of the game. They can and will lose games, if only because they won't have the fat granny shagger pulling off a miracle everytime they need it.

Arsenal have proven to be very flakey, Chelsea, well, they're fucked and Spurs are as much of a threat to Chelsea as they are to us.

We fight to the end trying to win the league until it's mathematically impossible, when it is, we fight for second and then third.

I say we'll finish safely in third place, second with a fair wind and first with a minor miracle. Definition of minor miracle is a 747 lying into Old Trafford on the next home Match day at about 2.30pm, catching the Utd team warming up and then careering into the South Stand as the fuckers are doing their pre match muzack Utd sing-a-long.

Cobwebcat said:
http://www.euroclubindex.com/asp/leagueodds.asp

For the first time this season we have been predicted to finish outside the top 4

It's going to be so close. I seem to remember we got exactly 67 points last season too.

Arsenal or United for the title and then City, Spurs and Chelsea for the other two places.

One thing on our side is that we have the least number of games against the other top 5 teams till the end of the season.

We have 2

Spurs 3

Chelsea 4

It's going to the wire. On the positive side of things we could finish 3rd there is so little in it.

Not according to the bookies who never lose money.

i reckon we will do it, in typical city style by 1 point. If spurs stay in the CL, then we will do it. Chelsea are way to unpredictable to back them getting in the top 4 - plus they play the rags twice, us, red dippers. they could be well out of it. keep the faith. out best performance at the swamp for years, we will be fine KEEP THE FAITH

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.