City predicted to finish 5th

Balti said:
Cobwebcat said:
http://www.euroclubindex.com/asp/leagueodds.asp

For the first time this season we have been predicted to finish outside the top 4

It's going to be so close. I seem to remember we got exactly 67 points last season too.

Arsenal or United for the title and then City, Spurs and Chelsea for the other two places.

One thing on our side is that we have the least number of games against the other top 5 teams till the end of the season.

We have 2

Spurs 3

Chelsea 4

It's going to the wire. On the positive side of things we could finish 3rd there is so little in it.

Not according to the bookies who never lose money.

Looking at the latest odds, most bookies have us slightly ahead
to finish 3rd......lets hope they are right

I think the top two are fairly obvious (and I don't like it any more than you chaps do!).

Next, I think Spurs will finish in third place. We're already four points ahead of our points total at the same stage last season and our game in hand (against Balackpool), if won, will put us a point ahead of City.

Fourth place looks like going to Manchester City, but I'd hold off getting those Champions League tattoos just yet.

Here's why...

Chelsea, knowing that there's no hope of them winning the Premier League this season, will put all their efforts into the UEFA Champions League and they've got a good a chance of anyone of succeeding.

If they do win it, they will automatically qualify for next season's competition as holders, which means that only the first three teams in the Premier League will get to qualify too.

Whoever finishes fourth in the Premier League will miss-out on the Champions League next season.

THFC6061 said:
I think the top two are fairly obvious (and I don't like it any more than you chaps do!).

Next, I think Spurs will finish in third place. We're already four points ahead of our points total at the same stage last season and our game in hand (against Balackpool), if won, will put us a point ahead of City.

Fourth place looks like going to Manchester City, but I'd hold off getting those Champions League tattoos just yet.

Here's why...

Chelsea, knowing that there's no hope of them winning the Premier League this season, will put all their efforts into the UEFA Champions League and they've got a good a chance of anyone of succeeding.

If they do win it, they will automatically qualify for next season's competition as holders, which means that only the first three teams in the Premier League will get to qualify too.

Whoever finishes fourth in the Premier League will miss-out on the Champions League next season.

That is a very bad scenario.

THFC6061 said:

Here's why...

You've been out of the top four for most of the season and suddenly you're telling us how you're gonna push us out of third and how we shouldn't get tattoos just yet, how annoying is that? If Chelsea had won tonight and you were still sitting fifth i bet you'd be more humble and realistic but now you're going to finish third, yeah right! You think Blackpool are going to roll over for you on their home pitch or is that the last game of the season even of you win? No one knows what will happen and i'm sure every fan tips their team to perform better.

redmizzle said:
THFC6061 said:

Here's why...

You've been out of the top four for most of the season and suddenly you're telling us how you're gonna push us out of third and how we shouldn't get tattoos just yet, how annoying is that? If Chelsea had won tonight and you were still sitting fifth i bet you'd be more humble and realistic but now you're going to finish third, yeah right! You think Blackpool are going to roll over for you on their home pitch or is that the last game of the season even of you win? No one knows what will happen and i'm sure every fan tips their team to perform better.

It's my opinion, based on the current form of the teams involved.

Spurs have lost just one of their last 15 Premier League matches and amassed 32 out of a maximum possible 45 points in the process.

City, on the other hand, have lost three games and won 28 points during the same period.

If you have a different opinion, you're also perfectly entitled to voice it.

BornLate58 said:
sibierski express said:
I was just looking at the run ins. I think it'll come to us having to beat Spurs once again as they have to play 6 out of bottom 7 teams.
Dangerous animals teams at the bottom.
4th Minimum for me

Sooner play teams further up the league than the scrappers at the bottom if points are needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.