City reach Romelo Lakuku agreement?? {merged}

FantasyIreland said:
Dax777 said:
Nope! Guys like Tolmie who specialize in dropping random clues are often just lying. If you know anything and want to tell the board, just come out and say it. Cryptic statements are sure signs of lying. It is what people who like the thrill of being asked "what do you know?".

I generally pay no attention to that stuff. I like straight up rumors i.e. "I heard we are linked to this guy!", and then the rest of us can discuss whether such a link is favorable or not. It really doesn't matter if we are truly working on a deal with the player or not. Eventually anyone we buy would one day have to don a City jersey and run out on the field and play. Everyone else is just a rumor. If yo really want to know who City is going to buy, wait till it is announced!

By and large, what we do here is enjoy the banter in relation to possibilities. I really don't care much for the specifics of what anyone knows. In the end when they do their signing and start practicing I will know. But I enjoy the banter of what may be if we had X player.

So I will discuss my views on any player mentioned, learn more about him and make statements regarding City's interests, worth e.t.c.

So I tend to have no interest in whether one forumer is in the know or not. But it is even more annoying when people come and talk about a deal they are not allowed to talk about. That just smacks of unwarranted self importance. Save it!! If you can't talk about it, then why tell us at all. Just keep it to your self for crying out loud. We don't need ur hints. As is obvious we discuss players here who may never have been looked at. That is the fun. Guessing who some ITK guy thinks is irrelevant and unenjoyable. For me at least

Truth is City would go into deals that fall thru, or throw out feelers for certain players to gauge interest, or just be mentioned in connection with other players simply because of buying power. And to that effect I am interested in talking about any and all such players.

But I certainly have no interest in guessing what a self important person thinks he knows. I understand that other do. I am not one of them. And No, he wasn't talking about Lukaku unless he mentioned Lukaku,
Thanks for that....

Yep bored me to tears that did.

Regardless, I would love to have him. Another Belgian sounds good, with Kompany and Boyata in our team.

Without wanting to sound like a twat, I'm ITK'ish when it comes to Belgian football (don't ask, but it's through the work I do) - anyway, spoke to someone this morning who spoke to Lukaku, his dad, and the Anderlecht people in the last 24 hours...

What he said is that although there's no agreement with City, City and Arsenal are the only two clubs in the running. Despite the Chelsea paper talk, they've not spoken to the club or the player in recent months, and the last conversation they had was "an embarrassing 5 million euro offer for the boy. can't see anderlecht talking to them again".

Lukaku's family are close to Vincent's. Reading between the lines of what was said, Arsenal don't have the money that Anderlecht want, so it's going to be City by the looks of things. It was interesting to hear that City have kept up constant dialogue with Anderlecht and Lukaku's dad for nearly two years now.

That kind of ground work and commitment to signing a player is rare, so if it comes off kudos to Rigg, Marwood, and Vinnie...

Dax777 said:
bournemouthblue said:
do you think guys,this is the player tolmie was talking about before christmas,and saying the london boys were interested,but its now showtime,or could it be for chamberlain....what bout the youtube clip...vanilla ice.ice ice babay..meaning there both babys in terms of football..what do you reckon
Nope! Guys like Tolmie who specialize in dropping random clues are often just lying. If you know anything and want to tell the board, just come out and say it. Cryptic statements are sure signs of lying. It is what people who like the thrill of being asked "what do you know?".

I generally pay no attention to that stuff. I like straight up rumors i.e. "I heard we are linked to this guy!", and then the rest of us can discuss whether such a link is favorable or not. It really doesn't matter if we are truly working on a deal with the player or not. Eventually anyone we buy would one day have to don a City jersey and run out on the field and play. Everyone else is just a rumor. If yo really want to know who City is going to buy, wait till it is announced!

By and large, what we do here is enjoy the banter in relation to possibilities. I really don't care much for the specifics of what anyone knows. In the end when they do their signing and start practicing I will know. But I enjoy the banter of what may be if we had X player.

So I will discuss my views on any player mentioned, learn more about him and make statements regarding City's interests, worth e.t.c.

So I tend to have no interest in whether one forumer is in the know or not. But it is even more annoying when people come and talk about a deal they are not allowed to talk about. That just smacks of unwarranted self importance. Save it!! If you can't talk about it, then why tell us at all. Just keep it to your self for crying out loud. We don't need ur hints. As is obvious we discuss players here who may never have been looked at. That is the fun. Guessing who some ITK guy thinks is irrelevant and unenjoyable. For me at least

Truth is City would go into deals that fall thru, or throw out feelers for certain players to gauge interest, or just be mentioned in connection with other players simply because of buying power. And to that effect I am interested in talking about any and all such players.

But I certainly have no interest in guessing what a self important person thinks he knows. I understand that other do. I am not one of them. And No, he wasn't talking about Lukaku unless he mentioned Lukaku,

The most pompous, self-important, deluded piece of arrogant, pontificating waffle I've ever read on here. Who do you think you are?

Oh, and it's "shirt" not fucking "jersey".

And some of us know Tolmie. And he's not a liar.

BillyShears said:
Without wanting to sound like a twat, I'm ITK'ish when it comes to Belgian football (don't ask, but it's through the work I do) - anyway, spoke to someone this morning who spoke to Lukaku, his dad, and the Anderlecht people in the last 24 hours...
You sound like a real twat...only teasing, mate. Thanks for the heads up on the Kompany connection. It might be useful later on.

BillyShears said:

What he said is that although there's no agreement with City, City and Arsenal are the only two clubs in the running. Despite the Chelsea paper talk, they've not spoken to the club or the player in recent months, and the last conversation they had was "an embarrassing 5 million euro offer for the boy. can't see anderlecht talking to them again".

Lukaku's family are close to Vincent's. Reading between the lines of what was said, Arsenal don't have the money that Anderlecht want, so it's going to be City by the looks of things. It was interesting to hear that City have kept up constant dialogue with Anderlecht and Lukaku's dad for nearly two years now.

That kind of ground work and commitment to signing a player is rare, so if it comes off kudos to Rigg, Marwood, and Vinnie...

Thanks for the news mate - sounds promising!

Would be happy if this came off and would feel a little easier about the others going as it would keep our numbers of forwards up. Don't want to be too light in that department. Tevez, Lukaku, Dzeko and Balotelli. It's not bad is it? :o)

BillyShears said:

Nice one Billy sounds good, if anyone starts moaning at you it will be like water off a ducks back.
Maybe Vinnies sister is part of the deal? haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.