City reach Romelo Lakuku agreement?? {merged}

BillyShears said:
Just listened to Mancini's press conference...I'd say it's pretty much nailed on now as well. Of all the players who Mancini has publicly commented on, the only one who didn't end up at City according to my reckoning is Torres...

Would be an exceptional signing if he comes for under 20 million euros.

This is sort of related and may need it's own thread, but can the experts on the FFPR tell me - when you sign a player like Lukaku or Balo who are so young that their values will in theory increase, does that get taken into account when doing the financials...ie. we pay 20 million for Balo - if by the end of next season he's worth 40 million in a sale (is that player amortisation?) - can that be reflected in the figures shown to UEFA...

Without claiming to be an expert... amortisation is about the diminishing value of a player over the length of his contract (for example, player costs £20m on a five year deal, the amortisation is £4m per year being written off)... so consequently incoming money from transfers can be weighed against what we still "owe" on a player.

Therefore, I would suggest, that clubs cannot value their players on the balance sheet, they can only use them as revenue/expenditure, and any "future value" of a player would not be consisred as there is no realistic way to value a player other than what someone is prepared to spend on them.

It may be different now, but I don't think clubs put a valuation of their players on the balanace sheet.

Soulboy said:
BillyShears said:
Just listened to Mancini's press conference...I'd say it's pretty much nailed on now as well. Of all the players who Mancini has publicly commented on, the only one who didn't end up at City according to my reckoning is Torres...

Would be an exceptional signing if he comes for under 20 million euros.

This is sort of related and may need it's own thread, but can the experts on the FFPR tell me - when you sign a player like Lukaku or Balo who are so young that their values will in theory increase, does that get taken into account when doing the financials...ie. we pay 20 million for Balo - if by the end of next season he's worth 40 million in a sale (is that player amortisation?) - can that be reflected in the figures shown to UEFA...

Without claiming to be an expert... amortisation is about the diminishing value of a player over the length of his contract (for example, player costs £20m on a five year deal, the amortisation is £4m per year being written off)... so consequently incoming money from transfers can be weighed against what we still "owe" on a player.

Therefore, I would suggest, that clubs cannot value their players on the balance sheet, they can only use them as revenue/expenditure, and any "future value" of a player would not be consisred as there is no realistic way to value a player other than what someone is prepared to spend on them.

It may be different now, but I don't think clubs put a valuation of their players on the balanace sheet.

Makes perfect sense i some ways, but in others i do think that if the FFPR are all about fair play, then a x million investment in a player, who becomes worth twice that in over a two season period, should somehow be reflected in the regs...

I know it's murky, but putting it another way...lets say a club falls 20 million short of the 'break even' for want of a better word, that is required...does that club then sell a player who's value has increased dramatically to reach that break even?

BillyShears said:
Without wanting to sound like a twat, I'm ITK'ish when it comes to Belgian football (don't ask, but it's through the work I do) - anyway, spoke to someone this morning who spoke to Lukaku, his dad, and the Anderlecht people in the last 24 hours...

What he said is that although there's no agreement with City, City and Arsenal are the only two clubs in the running. Despite the Chelsea paper talk, they've not spoken to the club or the player in recent months, and the last conversation they had was "an embarrassing 5 million euro offer for the boy. can't see anderlecht talking to them again".

Lukaku's family are close to Vincent's. Reading between the lines of what was said, Arsenal don't have the money that Anderlecht want, so it's going to be City by the looks of things. It was interesting to hear that City have kept up constant dialogue with Anderlecht and Lukaku's dad for nearly two years now.

That kind of ground work and commitment to signing a player is rare, so if it comes off kudos to Rigg, Marwood, and Vinnie...

Thanks for the information Billy.

BillyShears said:
Soulboy said:

Makes perfect sense i some ways, but in others i do think that if the FFPR are all about fair play, then a x million investment in a player, who becomes worth twice that in over a two season period, should somehow be reflected in the regs...

I know it's murky, but putting it another way...lets say a club falls 20 million short of the 'break even' for want of a better word, that is required...does that club then sell a player who's value has increased dramatically to reach that break even?

no, you're allowed to show that you're moving towards break even(having young players will show that you don't need to keep investing), and owners are allowed to put a certain amount in every year, so we'll be fine.

BillyShears said:
Without wanting to sound like a twat, I'm ITK'ish when it comes to Belgian football (don't ask, but it's through the work I do) - anyway, spoke to someone this morning who spoke to Lukaku, his dad, and the Anderlecht people in the last 24 hours...

What he said is that although there's no agreement with City, City and Arsenal are the only two clubs in the running. Despite the Chelsea paper talk, they've not spoken to the club or the player in recent months, and the last conversation they had was "an embarrassing 5 million euro offer for the boy. can't see anderlecht talking to them again".

Lukaku's family are close to Vincent's. Reading between the lines of what was said, Arsenal don't have the money that Anderlecht want, so it's going to be City by the looks of things. It was interesting to hear that City have kept up constant dialogue with Anderlecht and Lukaku's dad for nearly two years now.

That kind of ground work and commitment to signing a player is rare, so if it comes off kudos to Rigg, Marwood, and Vinnie...

Nice one, it looks good then. I can't see Arsenal spending €17m on a player who's 17 and not proven in England.

Provided that pesky Mourinho doesn't get any ideas I'd say we've a clear run to the finish.

BillyShears said:

Cheers for that Billy.

Looking good on yet another young quality player with the potential to make it big.

The scum paid £25.6m for 18-year-old Shrek and considering Lukaku is the best forward in the world of his age group, £14.5m sounds like a fully justified risk on him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.