City reach Romelo Lakuku agreement?? {merged}

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...ty/s/1405830_mancini_hints_at_lukaku_interest

Mancini hints at Lukaku interest

January 20, 2011

Boss Roberto Mancini has hinted that Manchester City might be interested in a move for 17-year-old Anderlecht sensation Romelu Lukaku.

The Blues are not expected to add to their squad in the January transfer window, but striker Lukaku has attracted Mancini's attention.

"Lukaku is a good player and he is young," said Mancini.

"Maybe in the future something will happen but at this moment, no."

Meanwhile, Mancini reported there had been no progress with any of the potential departures from Eastlands this month.

Balotelli's impending return to fitness does make it more likely Emmanuel Adebayor will leave.

Fulham have also expressed definite interest in Shaun Wright-Phillips, although City are looking to ensure there is some commitment to a permanent transfer before they will allow the winger to link up again with old boss Mark Hughes.

Brazilian striker Jo has also attracted interest from Birmingham, although with Alex McLeish only looking for a loan deal that move would appear to be a non-starter.

"We have another 10 days," said Mancini.

"It is possible something could happen but at the moment there has been no progress."

BillyShears said:
Without wanting to sound like a twat, I'm ITK'ish when it comes to Belgian football (don't ask, but it's through the work I do) - anyway, spoke to someone this morning who spoke to Lukaku, his dad, and the Anderlecht people in the last 24 hours...

What he said is that although there's no agreement with City, City and Arsenal are the only two clubs in the running. Despite the Chelsea paper talk, they've not spoken to the club or the player in recent months, and the last conversation they had was "an embarrassing 5 million euro offer for the boy. can't see anderlecht talking to them again".

Lukaku's family are close to Vincent's. Reading between the lines of what was said, Arsenal don't have the money that Anderlecht want, so it's going to be City by the looks of things. It was interesting to hear that City have kept up constant dialogue with Anderlecht and Lukaku's dad for nearly two years now.

That kind of ground work and commitment to signing a player is rare, so if it comes off kudos to Rigg, Marwood, and Vinnie...

Nice one Billy

Good to see Mancini comment on him, not sure how many players he's done that with? Can only recall Dzeko right before we signed him but there must have been other players he's commented on like that who haven't signed?

Came out of nowhere this cos I can't remember any decent sources linking us with him in the past, though I've always thought he'd be a good signing. Fingers crossed

Re: City reach Romelo Lakuku agreement??

mammyjam said:
hope its true this kid is amazing... 2 years ago when he was a 15 year old playing in the under 18s he scored 205 goals in one season

So he's the Belgian Paul Moulden Then?

Manx Blue said:
mammyjam said:
hope its true this kid is amazing... 2 years ago when he was a 15 year old playing in the under 18s he scored 205 goals in one season

So he's the Belgian Paul Moulden Then?

He owns a chippy in Bolton as well then?

kippaxwarrior said:
2 important questions

A) Is he cup-tied?

B) Does he track back?

C) Has he ever scored 7 goals in a game?

The Pope said:
SWP's back said:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=269469.160

He was fucking brilliant on RAWK for 4 1/2 pages and suddenly, he has gone shit.

And they dont like us.

Some brilliant quotes LOL!

For fucks sake, why?! c*nts, how many strikers do they want. It's ridiculous.

Starting to hate them more than utd.

That would be a disaster for the lad. Ive no idea why a young player would go to a club like City with their megabucks and demand for immediate results, thought the same when Chelsea were throwing their cash about. Citys squad will become so bloated its untrue. I hope he's smart enough not to chase the money and think about his career.

We are lucky they are not trying to snap up Suarez.

Seriously how is anyone supposed to compete with Man City? :no

atleas the new rules will come in soon to stop this.....

Of Course....I mean, it's not like we have the same 25 man squad limit as everyone else is it?

cyclops said:
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...ty/s/1405830_mancini_hints_at_lukaku_interest

Mancini hints at Lukaku interest

January 20, 2011

Boss Roberto Mancini has hinted that Manchester City might be interested in a move for 17-year-old Anderlecht sensation Romelu Lukaku.

The Blues are not expected to add to their squad in the January transfer window, but striker Lukaku has attracted Mancini's attention.

"Lukaku is a good player and he is young," said Mancini.

"Maybe in the future something will happen but at this moment, no."

Meanwhile, Mancini reported there had been no progress with any of the potential departures from Eastlands this month.

Balotelli's impending return to fitness does make it more likely Emmanuel Adebayor will leave.

Fulham have also expressed definite interest in Shaun Wright-Phillips, although City are looking to ensure there is some commitment to a permanent transfer before they will allow the winger to link up again with old boss Mark Hughes.

Brazilian striker Jo has also attracted interest from Birmingham, although with Alex McLeish only looking for a loan deal that move would appear to be a non-starter.

"We have another 10 days," said Mancini.

"It is possible something could happen but at the moment there has been no progress."

done deal then

Just listened to Mancini's press conference...I'd say it's pretty much nailed on now as well. Of all the players who Mancini has publicly commented on, the only one who didn't end up at City according to my reckoning is Torres...

Would be an exceptional signing if he comes for under 20 million euros.

This is sort of related and may need it's own thread, but can the experts on the FFPR tell me - when you sign a player like Lukaku or Balo who are so young that their values will in theory increase, does that get taken into account when doing the financials...ie. we pay 20 million for Balo - if by the end of next season he's worth 40 million in a sale (is that player amortisation?) - can that be reflected in the figures shown to UEFA...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.