City reach Romelo Lakuku agreement?? {merged}

His agent says he isn't coming here at the moment. It's from Goal but with quotes.

-

Romelu Lukaku has not agreed to join Manchester City because they do not need him, his agent said today.

City were reported by a Belgian magazine this week to have won the battle for Lukaku, with the 17-year-old said to be moving to Eastlands in the summer.

But the Belgian striker’s representative, Christophe Henrotay, denied that the two parties are in talks and that a deal is already in place.

“Manchester City is one of the clubs looking at Romelu but the truth is they are not in a position to move for him,” Henrotay told Goal.com UK. “It’s not a question of paying the money to take him. After, we have to find him a place. That’s the point with Manchester City.

“They have lots of strikers and are not ready to move now. They said to me, ‘We are not in a position to do anything at the moment’.”

City have added £27 million Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko this month to a striker roster that already includes Carlos Tevez, Mario Balotelli, Emmanuel Adebayor and Jo.

It is understood that Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham are the three Premier League clubs most interested in making a swoop for Lukaku, who is valued at €30m (£25.2m) by his club Anderlecht.

Lukaku told Goal.com UK earlier this week that he would love to play for any of the big clubs in the Premier League and a switch to England in the summer is “more likely” than a move to Spain or Germany, where he has been courted by Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, respectively.

“Today, Romelu has not agreed to join any club in the Premier League,” added Henrotay. “We are in very close contact with a few of the top clubs in England but there is nothing done and signed yet. It can change. In football, what is wrong today is not wrong tomorrow.”

Anderlecht are resigned to losing their prized asset this summer but recognise that it will be a good time to cash in on the 17-year-old, who has a release clause in his contract in 2013. The possibility of a buy-to-loan deal has been discussed but this is believed not to be an option for the player.

The agent now reckons we are sniffing around....make your mind up FFS!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6696252,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 52,00.html</a>

Send over Boyata, Vinnie and around a hundred thousand francs saying: 'no need to rush into things, lets talk on Monday!!'

TFC said:
The agent now reckons we are sniffing around....make your mind up FFS!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6696252,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 52,00.html</a>

"If someone leaves Manchester City, it is not impossible things could be accelerated - but you have seen the attackers there, but there is also the other clubs who are interested."

at a big guess id say he will be coming before the window shuts if jo or ady go imho

bournemouthblue said:
i agree deffo with that..jo and ade to go...and the belguim kid to come in..yes please
IMO, (I am definitely not ITK!) If Balotelli's knee is OK. I would expect us to be looking for him to arrive in summer. Tevez to leave in summer and be replaced by an experienced big name striker like Torres, Drogba or Ibrahimovic. This would give a blend of youth/pace and experience Next year's CL line up: Dzeko, Balotelli, (new big name) and Lakuku. Ade to be loaned to Real with a summer sale to help with FFP. Jo to be sold in summer. If Balotelli requires an operation IMO we may look to get him sooner.

Get him in, we need this kid. I am a Jo-lover and Alan-lover, but Lakuku would be slightly better.

That said, who why has nobody started a sign Alan up topic yet? What a great bench warmer he would be.

darryl28 said:
Get him in, we need this kid. I am a Jo-lover and Alan-lover, but Lakuku would be slightly better.

That said, who why has nobody started a sign Alan up topic yet? What a great bench warmer he would be.

Big watcher of the belgium league then are you....probably 90% of posters havent seen this kid for a full 90 minutes

california blue said:
darryl28 said:

Big watcher of the belgium league then are you....probably 90% of posters havent seen this kid for a full 90 minutes

yeah darryl you naughty boy dont ever have an opinion on a player again unless you have personally scouted him in at least a dozen games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.