City reach Romelo Lakuku agreement?? {merged}

california blue said:
darryl28 said:
Get him in, we need this kid. I am a Jo-lover and Alan-lover, but Lakuku would be slightly better.

That said, who why has nobody started a sign Alan up topic yet? What a great bench warmer he would be.

Big watcher of the belgium league then are you....probably 90% of posters havent seen this kid for a full 90 minutes

Yeah, with all the Belgian league that is on TV. Apologies for voicing an opinion, will retreat to my hole now, and just wish I had sure fire evidence to back up my every word.

I'm inclined to trust in what I've seen and the scouting networks of all the teams after him including ours.

darryl28 said:
california blue said:
Big watcher of the belgium league then are you....probably 90% of posters havent seen this kid for a full 90 minutes

Yeah, with all the Belgian league that is on TV. Apologies for voicing an opinion, will retreat to my hole now, and just wish I had sure fire evidence to back up my every word.

I'm inclined to trust in what I'vUe seen and the scouting networks of all the teams after him including ours.

Well said mate!

In the (likely) event that Lukaku continues to stay on the right track he will be a huge asset to his next club.
Obviously he will have to guard against Micah's Syndrome but he seems to be in the right hands and a good club will allow him to continue his development at the right pace rather than throwing him in at the deep end.
I hope that we get the chance to be that club.

I've just posted an article on Lakuku and the future of the Belgian national team in general.

<a class="postlink" href="http://iwasonceajuniorblue.blogspot.com/2011/01/famous-belgians.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://iwasonceajuniorblue.blogspot.com ... gians.html</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6843433,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 33,00.html</a>

Anderlecht general manager Herman van Holsbeeck expects Romelu Lukaku to move to England.

The Belgian teenager, still on 17, has long been linked with a move to the Premier League.

Clubs in Spain, Italy and Germany are also very keen, but the self-confessed Chelsea fan has made no secret of his desire to move across the Channel.

Van Holsbeeck, who has recently confirmed the club rejected a bid in January from a club in England, has admitted that is the most likely destination.

And he says that a fee of €30million (£26.3million) is likely to be required to get a deal sealed.

Interested
"Teams like Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool are interested," he told Sudpresse.

"But if two clubs Manchester enter the race, it might be interesting.

"We know that Real Madrid is interested in all the young talent, but I think his future would rather be in England.

"The transfer should be around €30million."

FantasyIreland said:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6843433,00.html

Anderlecht general manager Herman van Holsbeeck expects Romelu Lukaku to move to England.

The Belgian teenager, still on 17, has long been linked with a move to the Premier League.

Clubs in Spain, Italy and Germany are also very keen, but the self-confessed Chelsea fan has made no secret of his desire to move across the Channel.

Van Holsbeeck, who has recently confirmed the club rejected a bid in January from a club in England, has admitted that is the most likely destination.

And he says that a fee of €30million (£26.3million) is likely to be required to get a deal sealed.

Interested
"Teams like Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool are interested," he told Sudpresse.

"But if two clubs Manchester enter the race, it might be interesting.

"We know that Real Madrid is interested in all the young talent, but I think his future would rather be in England.

"The transfer should be around €30million."

How about no. Ridiculous fee for a 17 year old.

I agree Sam,we'd have to be mad to pay any more than 10m(with future performance related) for an unproven kid.

I get the buying into the future ploy,and obviously his manager is simply talking the transfer up,but that price is absurd.
If we are in the market for a striker then Gyan,who is only 25,is proven and would hit the ground running,would cost far less.

blue12 said:
Didn't a certain fat shrek lookalike cost around the same a few years ago,its all relative we either pay it or we dont.

We have to consider the FFP ruling now.
To spend such a vast amount on the chance he may be the real deal is a huge gamble,especially when,given the imbalance of our squad,the limited funds we have available need to be spread and utilised elsewhere.
Thats the way i see it anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.