City reach Romelo Lakuku agreement?? {merged}

Adu comparisons are well wide of the mark. Freddy never proved and quality in europe or as a senior international. Lukaku has done both. He is far more than adu ever has been.

Cherno samba, sonny pike

All these were the next best thing who never fulfilled their huge potential. I sense another on the cards

i8rags said:
bob confirms interest in the men.
Can't believe no one else has done this yet
hosp_gay2_standard.jpg

Anyhoos good news that we are picking up the best young talent. What we need to make sure is that we give these young guys (boyata, nimely, guidetti etc) plenty of opportunities to play and progress. A few cup games a year might not be enough

Benarbia said:
Cherno samba, sonny pike

All these were the next best thing who never fulfilled their huge potential. I sense another on the cards
Are you really comparing a player who has made his international debut at 16, scored goals at international and European level, scored more than a goal a game at club level at 16/17 with players who never even played at a decent club level?

You're comparing apples with oranges.

Cityisland said:
Benarbia said:
Cherno samba, sonny pike

Bwahaha! Says who? Champ manager?

Lets throw Tonton Zola Moukoko into the mix then.

Jesus Christ you've taken me back with that one!

JoeMercer'sWay said:
BillyShears said:
Makes perfect sense i some ways, but in others i do think that if the FFPR are all about fair play, then a x million investment in a player, who becomes worth twice that in over a two season period, should somehow be reflected in the regs...

I know it's murky, but putting it another way...lets say a club falls 20 million short of the 'break even' for want of a better word, that is required...does that club then sell a player who's value has increased dramatically to reach that break even?

no, you're allowed to show that you're moving towards break even(having young players will show that you don't need to keep investing), and owners are allowed to put a certain amount in every year, so we'll be fine.

Soulboy has it right. A 'prime' piece of evidence is the balance sheet - and in simple terms that is out amortisation works. Having valuable players on our books only really helps in terms of it (should) reducing your need for future spend - and (again should) get you income from sales - these are DIRECT aspects

These thoughts about how they indicate that we are making progress etc may have some INDIRECT benefit - but that is all dependent on the subjectivity of those doing the review - and if (as I suspect) they are not very keen to give CITY the benefit of the doubt will not help (or the opposite if Khaldoon etc have them onside by then)

mcfc1632 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
no, you're allowed to show that you're moving towards break even(having young players will show that you don't need to keep investing), and owners are allowed to put a certain amount in every year, so we'll be fine.

Soulboy has it right. A 'prime' piece of evidence is the balance sheet - and in simple terms that is out amortisation works. Having valuable players on our books only really helps in terms of it (should) reducing your need for future spend - and (again should) get you income from sales - these are DIRECT aspects

These thoughts about how they indicate that we are making progress etc may have some INDIRECT benefit - but that is all dependent on the subjectivity of those doing the review - and if (as I suspect) they are not very keen to give CITY the benefit of the doubt will not help (or the opposite if Khaldoon etc have them onside by then)
Helpful post, are you an accountant?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.