City removing seats

Does your last paragraph suggest a price rise next season?

Even though City have been brilliant this season not taking monies etc as many other clubs have, increasing prices especially next season would be as bad a decision as Pep's team selection v Lyon.
I really don't know what the plan is for next summer but that comment was based on experience the last few summers.

I agree that a price rise this summer could be a tipping point for those doubtful about renewing.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I find those digital displays very distracting. If they are putting in even more then it will only make matters worse.

Further more they have no influence on my purchasing decisions.
That annoying dog trotting round the electronic advertising boards is all part of the 'match day experience', pal. Distracted from watching the game by a fuckin' beagle whilst chomping on a shite £4.50 pie!

Reactions: jrb
Seems very disingenuous:

"This installation forms part of the Club’s ongoing development works to enhance the Etihad Stadium following the expansion of the South Stand."

Rows 1-3 have only just been added since 2014, only the row A ones were pre-existing and there is not many of them. These are the cheapest lower tier seats by far, and supporters in them will have to pay a lot more or go watch from a different time zone at eth back of level 3.

It dosen't enhance the stadium as is reversing the SS expansion works, well done Danny.

It’s what pays for things like KDB’s new contract and Haaland’s transfer fee, isn’t it?

TV exposure pays ££££, and advertisers who know they’re going to get global exposure for their ads pay ££.

Conversely, the club could stop trying to improve their financial position and we could go back to signing players like Corradi not Aguero, or McPointy instead of Laporte....and winning nowt with a shit manager!

I understand that City fans expect genuflection for coughing up their money on the best value season tickets in Britain to see the best team in football for the last 3-4 years, in one of the best, constantly improving, stadiums in the world, but it takes money.

Life, eh?!
Maybe stop buying poor players for record fees like Mahrez, Mangala, Mendy, Rodri, and let everyone in for free from the savings.

it is not the fans asking for the club to waste money, and the football is pretty boring these days.

Bar pissing City fans about again, the upheaval, and possible medium to long-term season ticket price rises for those fans who are being moved (once again) is yet another example of the club putting minimal profit over a season before the loyal fans.

While other clubs have expanded their capacity, and are going to expand their capacity, we're reducing our capacity to increase advertising revenue. Ah?!

Regardless of the minimal financial benefit this new advertising hoarding can bring in over a season, minus the often sold out big PL games v lost seats, it sends out the wrong message, and cements the *incorrect narative* about our support or lack of it.

As others have stated, perhaps a complete review and overhaul of our scouting system, and the *£100mills* City have wasted on buying poor players, their contracts, their wages and paying their agents.

I wonder how often that is discussed in revenue meetings by the directors who ultimately take and make player signing decisions?

I'm pretty sure you've got that the wrong way around.

Why would they reduce season tickets?

They will end up with better seats (they'll be able to see the pitch and perhaps stay drier).

They may have to move away from friends and/or family (they may be able to move all together).

They may have to pay more (but that's not guaranteed at all and you certainly can't state it'll be 100% more).

You make a lot of baseless assumptions I'm afraid.
Its you who is making baseless assumptions. Nowhere did I mention reducing season tickets?

You are missing the point that these are the cheap tickets so the vast majority have to spend more on tickets from the season after next. That in itself will stop some people being able to support their club.

If they wanted 'better' seats they would already have them - they have chose those seats because they meet their needs best. They no longer have that choice, and are expected to cough up more for the privilege.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.