City removing seats

Maybe the club are aware many fans aren't going to return and it's going to be a few years before we will fill the stadium after the covid crisis so they are simply doing what any business would do, maximize income.
As far as i'm aware, they're replacing one set of digital signage with another, probably quite similar to the ones used in the CL and which mean we lose about 2.5k seats every game in that competition.

And possibly, by doing that, they won't be losing those additional 1.5k seats anymore.

Maybe the club are aware many fans aren't going to return and it's going to be a few years before we will fill the stadium after the covid crisis so they are simply doing what any business would do, maximize income.

This has been planned for over a year.

Replicating the expansion we already have at the opposite end adds about 7000 I think and it’s not that long ago people where talking very seriously about doing all the stands Also how is it one for one when they are smaller and the grounds in Germany seem to have a few more seats with that

In England it will be 1:1 so don't expect lower ticket prices. Also further stadium expansion has been booted into the very long grass.

Do you think ticket revenue pays for the players wages? Or new signings?

is there not enough advertising? Or does the astronomical tv revenue not cover that

You tell me ? Then speak with Soriano as you clearly know better

Are city making loads of profit ? No

How would you cover costs or reduce them ?

How would you pay back all the money the owner put in at the start that the press remind us about ?

How would you pay the other shareholders who like the Americans who are more concerned with profit

City might be in profit but I don’t think CFG is

We still want better players as fan base even though the team is amazing look at the pre match thread moans about certain players

In England it will be 1:1 so don't expect lower ticket prices. Also further stadium expansion has been booted into the very long grass.

I don’t think anyone really knows when these things will happen or how I agree it has already been pushed back and feels like it might again but it’s really just speculation but end of the day stadium expansion will happen and increase capacity I also think safe standing will do the same but let’s see it depends on government regulations

If I was in charge of city I would use the pandemic no fans to expand the stadium

You tell me ? Then speak with Soriano as you clearly know better

Are city making loads of profit ? No

How would you cover costs or reduce them ?

How would you pay back all the money the owner put in at the start that the press remind us about ?

How would you pay the other shareholders who like the Americans who are more concerned with profit

City might be in profit but I don’t think CFG is

We still want better players as fan base even though the team is amazing look at the pre match thread moans about certain players
13% of the CFG was sold to a Chinese consortium for £265mill.
10% of the CFG was sold to Siver Lake for £390mill.
Sheikh Mansour still owns 77% of the City Football Group that was valued at *£3.7bill* after those deals.

Sheikh Mansour bought City for £230mill. Guessing. Investment and loses across the City Football Group probably total anywhere between £1.5bill-£2bill since Sheikh Mansour bought City and formed the City Football Group. City are now making an annual profit. Pre-COVID pandemic.

My Maths isn't great, but Sheikh Mansour would make a healthey profit if he ever decided to sell City and the CFG. And with football TV money, prize money, a new CL format, advertising*(board) money, etc, revenue is set to rocket in the future.

Sheikh Mansour's financial returns in City and the City Football Group are set to continue to rise over the coming years, even after replacing a few 1000 seats with new advertising boards.

Last edited:
That annoying dog trotting round the electronic advertising boards is all part of the 'match day experience', pal. Distracted from watching the game by a fuckin' beagle whilst chomping on a shite £4.50 pie!
I'm pretty sure it was a Dachshund. Agree about the pies though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.