City removing seats

so many people run with the supposition - Let’s get the facts before slagging off the club. Those front seats were crap - you got soaked & had a poor view. So, it might be that the fans affected will have better seats for the same price.
But hey - let’s be negative eh
When the seats were first put in nearly everyone on here said the were crap seats, almost subterranean and the club were money grabbing putting them in. They should never have been put in in the first place, now they're gone people are whining. There will be plenty of space for people to move into, I know a couple of families towards the back of the family stand who have decided to bail already as they were sick of the travelling and the five kids no longer want to go.

Except that they're not being replaced, they're being relocated to (much) better seats. There'll be 1,000 less day trippers which people moan about anyway. Win win surely?
The problem is that those seats at the front are cheaper than most other seats. So while those people will get the new seats at the price they're currently paying, they'll be charged the going rate for their new seat after a period. Hopefully those moved will ultimately get seats they can afford but they might not.

And while I certainly wouldn't want to sit there, some people (kids particularly) like being that close to the players.

I don’t for one second think that this is Danny Wilson’s decision. He is just doing the job he is told to do surely?
He’s Director of Sales, Service and Operations so this will be within his remit and / or he will put the business case up to Soriano.

Tbf I haven’t met Danny and he might be a great guy and he has a very busy job. That said, on the two occasions I wrote to him to help fellow Blues I didn’t get a reply. FWIW, when I asked Kevin Parker for the same help it was sorted in no time.

As sad as it sounds advertisers are more lucrative than fans. Obviously they don't create atmosphere but the people at the top are only interested in the pound signs.
It’s what pays for things like KDB’s new contract and Haaland’s transfer fee, isn’t it?

TV exposure pays ££££, and advertisers who know they’re going to get global exposure for their ads pay ££.

Conversely, the club could stop trying to improve their financial position and we could go back to signing players like Corradi not Aguero, or McPointy instead of Laporte....and winning nowt with a shit manager!

I understand that City fans expect genuflection for coughing up their money on the best value season tickets in Britain to see the best team in football for the last 3-4 years, in one of the best, constantly improving, stadiums in the world, but it takes money.

Life, eh?!

This matter raises two points for me;

The first is the overall pricing of tickets in general. Even though I personally know that these seats were shocking to try to watch the game from. They were however ‘affordable’ for many people. Our pricing has done nothing to address the empty seat problem. An example of this was my brother enquired about two seats in the North Stand against Burnley a couple of years ago and they wanted £60 a seat! He didn’t bother.

The second point is about our ‘ghost fans’. Those who have a season ticket but rarely turn up. The club must do something about this. It is simply not good enough that they have received the season ticket money. We’ve all given a game a swerve, night game or crap weather and on tv. This is different to the seats we see every game and are always empty.

Football clubs just don’t get it.

you sit at home or in the pub with your mates often for free . You watch the game ad free with little distraction, other than whose round is it.

you now pay a fortune and drag yourself to the game and try and watch the game whilst huge digital adverts are bombarding you and distracting you from watching the game you have actually paid to go and watch. I find them a massive distraction.

digital adverts are trying to catch your eye hence the flashing bright lights and a running dog.

more nonsense for the match going fan.

Danny is merely the messenger. This is a Soriano Special.
Maybe so but Danny has put his name to it and takes home his Director’s pay.

Whoever has made the decision, it probably seems like a no-brainier in the corporate boardroom. Those seats wouldn’t get used this season and the Club can increase advertising revenue. Some of those seats are sold in bulk by ticket agents for the lower profile games anyway (bottom of the North Stand). That said, I am hoping they we sign Messi and the decision to take out a thousand seats may look short-sighted.

He’s Director of Sales, Service and Operations so this will be within his remit and / or he will put the business case up to Soriano.

Tbf I haven’t met Danny and he might be a great guy and he has a very busy job. That said, on the two occasions I wrote to him to help fellow Blues I didn’t get a reply. FWIW, when I asked Kevin Parker for the same help it was sorted in no time.
I have nothing but praise for Danny Wilson. When I was booted out of the North Stand, for the rebranding as "Family Stand", I wrote to the Club and said no way did I want the equivalent lower tier seat in the South Stand as I would probably have to stand up for most of the game. Danny rang me and said he would sort something out for me, which he did, and I ended up in block 211 a few seats along from our very own 'Bill'. Some great people there and I love the view, unfortunately Bill for personal reasons is no longer there but I can assure him that he is not forgotten.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.