City return 1/3 tickets

I might have missed it but nobody on here seems to have identified that the reason ticket prices rise (across the country not just arsenal) is fundamentally due to exponential rise in operating costs for the clubs. It seems to be completely lost on you that clubs such as chelsea and yourselves are a huge reason club costs are rising so fast with by pushing wages through the roof.

Case in hand. Theo Walcott. It seems hes going to accept 90k a week at arsenal the latest reports say. However hes been sat there for the past 18months looking at wages at city for example going sort it out arsene I want what they have. So arsenal have had to cave and considerably up his wage. Thats going to be £2mill lost to the club. How can they recuperate these extra costs. By looking at increasing the two largest components of revenue commercial deals and MATCHDAY REVENUE.

Its not a case of "All clubs are guilty" its simply a case of they need to find a way to keep their businesses running and competitive. Take a closer look at yourselves at what you are doing to the football market across europe not just UK.

cyberblue said:
didactic said:
cyberblue said:
I fear you have missed the tone of my thread .it was my idea of sarcasim it oviously got lost somewhere

Apologies man my parents left Manchester when I was young and since have always had to defend why I support City even though m whole family has for years. Nothing personal.
No need for any apologies when we sell out & people miss out on tickets people on hear blame supporters clubs "plastics" glory hunters" " newbies" ect well those same people cant be arsed going to Arsenal & that was my point

Have you actually read this thread???

I could have gone to this game, I have the money, and living down south, it is easy for me to get to, but I'm not going to, purely because of the price of the ticket, and that is what many, many have decided to do too.

gunnerpr said:
I might have missed it but nobody on here seems to have identified that the reason ticket prices rise (across the country not just arsenal) is fundamentally due to exponential rise in operating costs for the clubs. It seems to be completely lost on you that clubs such as chelsea and yourselves are a huge reason club costs are rising so fast with by pushing wages through the roof.

Case in hand. Theo Walcott. It seems hes going to accept 90k a week at arsenal the latest reports say. However hes been sat there for the past 18months looking at wages at city for example going sort it out arsene I want what they have. So arsenal have had to cave and considerably up his wage. Thats going to be £2mill lost to the club. How can they recuperate these extra costs. By looking at increasing the two largest components of revenue commercial deals and MATCHDAY REVENUE.

Its not a case of "All clubs are guilty" its simply a case of they need to find a way to keep their businesses running and competitive. Take a closer look at yourselves at what you are doing to the football market across europe not just UK.
You need high prices to pay your managers wages.

gunnerpr said:

behave will ya??? Wenger is in the top 2 highest salaried managers in England.

The wages you pay your shitty players is astronomical for how good they are! Sqillaci on 60k a week ffs !!!

Know your own club before you criticise ours.

Bit different when you could pay your players 30k a week and *WE* could only afford 10k tho eh? fucking hypocrite.

edited in... I missed the word WE.

Bilboblue said:
gunnerpr said:

The wages you pay your shitty players is astronomical for how good they are! Sqillaci on 60k a week ffs !!!

Bit different when you could pay your players 30k a week and could only afford 10k tho eh? fucking hypocrite.

Clearly my post has gone well over the top of your head.

gunnerpr said:

im not being funny but your club is one of the most financally healthy clubs in the league, you dont have to charge the prices you do. And only your club and a few others charge a 1000 odd quid for season tickets which is ridiculous.

the reason ticket prices have gone up is because of greedy owners and clubs where ticket revenue barely makes a difference to them. As the fsf have said clubs could cut up to 30 quid off a ticket with the amount of tv money they get.

So get off your high horse, arsenal are the worst club in the league by a mile for ripping off fans.

gunnerpr said:
Bilboblue said:
gunnerpr said:

Bit different when you could pay your players 30k a week and could only afford 10k tho eh? fucking hypocrite.

Clearly my post has gone well over the top of your head.

I disagree mate. I think Bilbo has summed it up quite well. How can you criticise that City are inflating ticket prices when the 'Arse' have been one of the biggest protagonists of paying high transfer fees and extortionate wages going back to the early 90's. Those were the days when you were able to pay players far in excess of what we were able to. Unfortunately the tables have turned and poor old little Gooners like you don't like it. And the duality of that prick Wenger defending his own Austerity budget by not paying over inflated wages when he is the 2nd highest paid manager in world football is frankly comical. Give your head wobble fella.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
gunnerpr said:

im not being funny but your club is one of the most financally healthy clubs in the league, you dont have to charge the prices you do. And only your club and a few others charge a 1000 odd quid for season tickets which is ridiculous.

the reason ticket prices have gone up is because of greedy owners and clubs where ticket revenue barely makes a difference to them. As the fsf have said clubs could cut up to 30 quid off a ticket with the amount of tv money they get.

So get off your high horse, arsenal are the worst club in the league by a mile for ripping off fans.

No high horse. You try and find me a single arsenal fan that isnt bitter about how are club is run.

Im skeptical of it being down to greedy owners as well. How many owners in england take dividends out the club? I know for a fact its not done at arsenal. The only way it can be with greedy owners is if they were looking to raise the valuation of the club by having higher revenues.

The reason ticket prices have gone up are because costs have gone up.

Bilboblue said:
cyberblue said:
didactic said:
Apologies man my parents left Manchester when I was young and since have always had to defend why I support City even though m whole family has for years. Nothing personal.
No need for any apologies when we sell out & people miss out on tickets people on hear blame supporters clubs "plastics" glory hunters" " newbies" ect well those same people cant be arsed going to Arsenal & that was my point

Have you actually read this thread???

I could have gone to this game, I have the money, and living down south, it is easy for me to get to, but I'm not going to, purely because of the price of the ticket, and that is what many, many have decided to do too.

As a rule I don't nornally bite, but get to..... Cyberblue.

If that's the best you can add to this thread/debate, don't bother.

And no, I'm not going. I can't afford to go to away matches in London anymore. The choice was taken out of my hands by those London football clubs. if I could afford to go I would, regardless of being in a *Supporters club or not*. (as if that matters) Dear God!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.