City Square open for testing

Eccles Blue said:
Sweenyuk, they had some soft drinks in the Star Bar, there were the usual Sprite, Coke etc plus a few more I think. Were you in the Summerbee bar area?
So why didn't they tell the staff? I asked and was told I had to go to the Cafe area

£3.60 will mean that the bars will hardly sell a pint. Why get to the ground early to spend at least a quid per pint more than you'd pay in the pub?

I thought the aim would be to attract people away from the pubs so that they spend their money at City but unless there is some kind of incentive then people just won't bother.

if the prices are tha same as inside the stadium then the club really dont have a clue.

without a dream said:
I'll give it a go but you'd think they could sell beer a fair bit cheaper than that and still make a killing.

I wouldn't expect it to be any cheaper than in the ground.

If it is good enough it will be full every week and they are trying to increase revenues as well as improving the supporter experience.

the club have to raise money.... if we want a team full of £20m stars we have to pay that little extra. I would'nt do it every week but i will enjoy it a few times this season ( even when its raining ).

There is a light said:
without a dream said:
I'll give it a go but you'd think they could sell beer a fair bit cheaper than that and still make a killing.

If it is good enough it will be full every week and they are trying to increase revenues as well as improving the supporter experience.

I'm not expecting it to be cheaper either but £3.60 a pint is a pisstake if it was cheaper more people would buy it I think.

There is a light said:
without a dream said:

and the point being, you can stand 100 yards down the road and get a pint and pie cheaper.

its common sense, two shops 100 yards apart. one is three times more expensive for the same product. Where do yo go ?

why dont they make it the same price and have the place hammered

sniff said:
There is a light said:

and the point being, you can stand 100 yards down the road and get a pint and pie cheaper.

its common sense, two shops 100 yards apart. one is three times more expensive for the same product. Where do yo go ?

why dont they make it the same price and have the place hammered

Then do that then.

The pub in question doesn't need to balance books that lost 100m last year.

Regardless, I guarantee these areas will be packed every game. It's a great move by the club.

Hundreds if not thousands are milling around the ground for a couple hours before the match, going in the store etc

It will get plenty of trade from those that don't normally go to the pub before the match and from families

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.