City Square open for testing

sniff said:
There is a light said:
I wouldn't expect it to be any cheaper than in the ground.

If it is good enough it will be full every week and they are trying to increase revenues as well as improving the supporter experience.

and the point being, you can stand 100 yards down the road and get a pint and pie cheaper.

its common sense, two shops 100 yards apart. one is three times more expensive for the same product. Where do yo go ?

why dont they make it the same price and have the place hammered

Because there is a maximum capacity and it will be fairly hammered anyway.

Yep, fair enough you can stand 100 yards down the road and get a pint and pie cheaper but the majority of people will have only three or four pints at most before the game. It is free admission so that's an extra two to three quid than what you would pay in Mary D's.

Don't get me wrong, I too would like it to be less expensive but I still think people will pay it if the whole package is good enough - and of course the money is going into the club.

Project said:
sniff said:
and the point being, you can stand 100 yards down the road and get a pint and pie cheaper.

its common sense, two shops 100 yards apart. one is three times more expensive for the same product. Where do yo go ?

why dont they make it the same price and have the place hammered

Then do that then.

The pub in question doesn't need to balance books that lost 100m last year.

Regardless, I guarantee these areas will be packed every game. It's a great move by the club.

good argument well put, so do you not think that people will do that ?

and do you also think that more would come if it was the same price ?

so in the future we have to happy being fleeced to balance the books ?

i understand the finacial needs, but stack em high and sell them cheap. Tried tested and proved model that works.

bluestew said:
the club have to raise money.... if we want a team full of £20m stars we have to pay that little extra. I would'nt do it every week but i will enjoy it a few times this season ( even when its raining ).

Sorry, but that is the same total and utter shite that people have been mindlessly peddling on here for months without ever having any sort of evidence/rationale to back it up.

Otherwise, if this theory is correct then you had better get on to the Wigan and Bolton fans and let them know about this revolutionary business plan.

I can see the headlines now "Wigan go on £300m spending spree thanks to shafting the fans with ticket prices and doubling the price of a pint and parking"

Now, think about whether the above headline would actually ever be viable and then reassess whether the money that is squeezed out of the fans has anything at all to do with the players that City are buying.

If you still think it does, see the men in white coats

At a very rough guestimate 10% of match going city fans smoke, 30% of match going City fans go with someone who smokes, is there anywhere close to City Square for smokers to polute the air?
If not 15,000 - 20,000 of potential customers are being put off using the new fan friendly facility.
Thats a hell of a lot of lost potential revenue.

You know, the club are trying to do something for the fans and some people still can't accept it without moaning!!

If the beer is £1 a pint cheaper at Mary D's or wherever BUT you have to pay £2 or £3 admission, as "There is a light" seems to be saying, then surely you are saving or coming out even if you buy 2 pints? Or am I missing something here?

e.g. Mary D's 2 pints @ £2.80 = £5.60 + £2.00 admission = £7.60

City Square 2 pints @ £3.80 = £7.60 admission free!!

Sorry if you don't pay admission at Mary D's but as I have never been in there or even bought a pint anywhere round the ground I might be missing something!! (No smart comments from you BlueStew!!)

I can see why the prices are so high. There doesn't seem to be much room there so they can pack it at high prices. If they expand it then they'd have to lower the prices to fill it.
Mary D's for me all day long.

sniff said:
Project said:
Then do that then.

The pub in question doesn't need to balance books that lost 100m last year.

Regardless, I guarantee these areas will be packed every game. It's a great move by the club.

good argument well put, so do you not think that people will do that ?

and do you also think that more would come if it was the same price ?

so in the future we have to happy being fleeced to balance the books ?

i understand the finacial needs, but stack em high and sell them cheap. Tried tested and proved model that works.

Firstly they are greatly restricted by the in-stadium prices. If they undercut them significantly then you create a problem.

Secondly supply/demand has a lot to do with it. You price to what the market can bear. Capacity is what, 5000? They will fill that up nicely at these prices.

Ultimately in order to have revenue of anywhere near what's needed requires 1) CL football, 2) excellent worldwide support and merchandise income and 3) great matchday revenue. We won't have number two for a long long time, if ever, but 1 and 3 are doable and extending the leisure facilities around the ground for both matchdays and non matchdays (City Square is available for other events) is probably our only alternative. There will still be a huge gap between income/expenditure with our wage bill but the management can't be operating wholly on an altruistic basis.

Looks great, can't wait. I've already forgotten how much Mary D's charge for a beer, but I'm pretty sure it's over 3 quid anyway?

Eccles Blue said:
You know, the club are trying to do something for the fans and some people still can't accept it without moaning!!

If the beer is £1 a pint cheaper at Mary D's or wherever BUT you have to pay £2 or £3 admission, as "There is a light" seems to be saying, then surely you are saving or coming out even if you buy 2 pints? Or am I missing something here?

e.g. Mary D's 2 pints @ £2.80 = £5.60 + £2.00 admission = £7.60

City Square 2 pints @ £3.80 = £7.60 admission free!!

Sorry if you don't pay admission at Mary D's but as I have never been in there or even bought a pint anywhere round the ground I might be missing something!! (No smart comments from you BlueStew!!)
I'm not complaining, how can I, but I think it's silly to think the club have done this for an other reason than to make money, which I'm fine with.
Mary D's is free admission.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
bluestew said:
the club have to raise money.... if we want a team full of £20m stars we have to pay that little extra. I would'nt do it every week but i will enjoy it a few times this season ( even when its raining ).

Sorry, but that is the same total and utter shite that people have been mindlessly peddling on here for months without ever having any sort of evidence/rationale to back it up.

Otherwise, if this theory is correct then you had better get on to the Wigan and Bolton fans and let them know about this revolutionary business plan.

I can see the headlines now "Wigan go on £300m spending spree thanks to shafting the fans with ticket prices and doubling the price of a pint and parking"

Now, think about whether the above headline would actually ever be viable and then reassess whether the money that is squeezed out of the fans has anything at all to do with the players that City are buying.

If you still think it does, see the men in white coats

Yawn... change the fkin record you tedious bleep

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.