City Square open for testing

There is a light said:
Eccles Blue said:
You know, the club are trying to do something for the fans and some people still can't accept it without moaning!!

If the beer is £1 a pint cheaper at Mary D's or wherever BUT you have to pay £2 or £3 admission, as "There is a light" seems to be saying, then surely you are saving or coming out even if you buy 2 pints? Or am I missing something here?

e.g. Mary D's 2 pints @ £2.80 = £5.60 + £2.00 admission = £7.60

City Square 2 pints @ £3.80 = £7.60 admission free!!

Sorry if you don't pay admission at Mary D's but as I have never been in there or even bought a pint anywhere round the ground I might be missing something!! (No smart comments from you BlueStew!!)

Eccles Blue, Mary D's is free admission.

My maths were based upon £3 a pint in Mary D's compared the £3.60 in the Square.

Three pints before the match at an extra 60p is £1.80. Considering it is free into the Square it isn't that much extra to pay.

3 pints before the match? How many by the end of the match?

VOOMER said:
Shit I like to party, lived in Amsterdam, still go back, I like to start the weekend on a Thursday, etc, etc. However, if i go to the cinema, or go to watch city, I like to have a clear mind to take in what I see and with City now more so than ever before. I don't care if other city fans like a couple of pints at the game, live and let live, but the obsession with beer prices gives the impression, that some people are more interested in getting pissed than watching what is fast becoming the most talented City team in its history. So no I don't drink before, or during the game, certainly afterwards, when I'm back in Didsbury (oh only if it was back in the Dam), thats just me and the 20, or so people where I sit who are virtually tea total until the game ends as they are coming from, Stockton, York and the Isle of Man. So, when I can park within easy walking distance of the ground, now walk up an entertaining walkway and actually sit under some cover before and after the game starts watching the seasons highlights on giant tv screens, then sit in one of the finest stadiums in Europe and pay less than I did last year for my season ticket, to watch an even better team (certainly on paper) all the while pinching myself that what has happened to the club I love and have supported for nearly 40 years, isn't a dream, then you'll to forgive me for not giving a flying *uck what they charge for a pint!

I look forward to the "one of the finest stadiums in Europe" bit. Not bitching, but we are nowhere near that yet. I am sure we will be though.

law74 said:
nmc said:
[But pile em high sell em cheap is not actually a sustainable business strategy these days. That's exactly why Kwik Save and Woolworths etc are no more.

So ALDI & LIDL are in your opinion High brow retailers?

No they are not high brow but they have a completely different product line up to other supermarkets - a lot of imported stuff no one else sells - the general concept of pile it high sell it cheap refers to selling the same stuff as other retailers at a lower margin. i.e. Mary D's sells similar beer to city but at different prices.

blueloon said:
The City Square is a great development by the club and they deserve a lot of credit for the way they have pushed this project forward. We as fans of Manchester City need to get behind this and stop complaining. This is likely to be the first stage of developments around the stadium, so back it and enjoy the experience because it will hopefully only get better for Manchester City and East Manchester...

Well said... we have come a long way from those toilets at the back of the Kippax.

Why not just sell beer at £3.00 seriously? They would attract alot more people foolish city. Greed gets you no were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.