City Square open for testing

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
bluestew said:
The price's are the same as in the ground ie, £3.60 for fosters, bitter and cider (pint). the food was 100% better than they have in the ground and the price's are the same as in the ground.... but more choice. Well done City should be great on match days!!
Pub and chippy for me in that case.
Me too.

A gimmick at best, sensible prices would mean MOST blues using the facilities, but "football" prices will mean most stay eating and drinking away from the club.

Pity they didn't listen to their own surveys.

pbibs said:
Have your 50p ready, they are not free.

I'm really hoping that was tongue in cheek......but sadly I fear not.

Also your comment to bladdered is all fine and well about family friendly, but if that is all City want then they will force many fans away eventually. Its his choice to have a few pints so why is that a problem to you ? Also why should someone who wants maybe 1 pint, and a decent burger be ripped off by our own football club (or any others before anyone reminds me of football prices) ?

If City want this to make money for the club, then they should want to attract as many people as possible, and not turn them away, stupid pricing does exactly that, and the stadium prices are utterly ridiculous (see Dubai blue post above, that it is dearer than Dubai !).

I would much sooner pay my money to Manchester City, but I will continue to abstain until prices are at least reasonable. They surveyed lots of us on this, and I know that most of the people I know who responded said that prices were TOO high.

cleavers said:
pbibs said:
Have your 50p ready, they are not free.

I'm really hoping that was tongue in cheek......but sadly I fear not.

Also your comment to bladdered is all fine and well about family friendly, but if that is all City want then they will force many fans away eventually. Its his choice to have a few pints so why is that a problem to you ? Also why should someone who wants maybe 1 pint, and a decent burger be ripped off by our own football club (or any others before anyone reminds me of football prices) ?

If City want this to make money for the club, then they should want to attract as many people as possible, and not turn them away, stupid pricing does exactly that, and the stadium prices are utterly ridiculous (see Dubai blue post above, that it is dearer than Dubai !).

I would much sooner pay my money to Manchester City, but I will continue to abstain until prices are at least reasonable. They surveyed lots of us on this, and I know that most of the people I know who responded said that prices were TOO high.

Very Very and so sadly too true.
More and more it seems that the dream we had of MCFC being able to compete with the aritocracy is being dimmed ever more by corporate greed.
Those in favour of this latest development will say about the high wages paid out, but a simple economics will tell you that 1,000 pints sold at a £1 mark up = a lot less than 15,000 pints sold at a 20p mark up/

The words "family friendly" and "family area" keep getting mentioned.
I'm all for attracting families and kids but in my opinion they should cater for everyone, not just families. There should be an area where loads of fans who want to can get together for a piss up.

Why can we never have the fans say "oh well done City" without all the crap? ffs, ok a pint is more expensive but like a mug I'll be there tomorrow buying a burger for tea and a pint from the ground. Why? Because it's all part of it for me, if you go to giggs it's the same, the Rugby, any sporting event or even a comedy show! It's how it is. No one moans when we go Bolton and they charge £3.60 a pint and £4 for a warm if you're lucky pie, or Wembley and they charge £6 for a hot dog... Yet we follow the trend and all hell breaks out. When have the club not charged this? It's not a suprise, it's not a bolt out the blue like the parking issue (100% increase is a joke but...). Fine, I am ok with people not being happy but dont moan about it as nothing will change, City wont read this and think "oh shit they wont buy a pint at the ground" because enough people will so you dont matter. Like it or not.
Just enjoy the screens and dont buy food/drink, enjoy the bands on the stage, enjoy being around fellow blues. Go for your drinks before the game or even after, it doesnt matter and know one will really care. The club will be here long after we have gone, so enjoy it while you're here and accept this is how any business is run.

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
I'm all for attracting families and kids but in my opinion they should cater for everyone, not just families. There should be an area where loads of fans who want to can get together for a piss up.
Great idea - and they could name it after a City legend, like "Summerbee's Bar" or something

Chippy said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
Great idea - and they could name it after a City legend, like "Summerbee's Bar" or something
Isn't that a small area next to the cafe from what I've heard?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.