City strikers or Bayern strikers ?

Tevez City

Who has the best set of strikers, City or Bayern ?

My point from this thread is that there are more important positions to be improved before thinking to splash +50million on another striker.

I would rather have Dzeko, Tevez and Aguero than Mandzukic, Gomez and Pizzarro.

But Dzeko is for sale I hope and Guidetti is untested at Premier League level so we do need to spend money on a striker.

Mario- £20m
Dzeko- Up to £20m

Falcao is £47m, I think we would could pull up £7m :D
We would be a better team because of it and it would look alright on the books.

I wonder if that is what Txiki is doing, trying to move on players before the end of the season so we know exactly what we can/will/should spend.

City have the more talented strikers, however Bayern have two strikers who don't need that many shots to score goals (Gomez and Mandzukic). They are among the least wasteful in all of Europe.

Perhaps some of this comes down to how clear cut the chances are though, we're not great at creating *truly* clear cut chances, whereas the likes of Gomez and Mandzukic are often put one on one against a keeper by Bayern's creative department.

BIi6rdxCQAE8oAv.jpg:large

Difficult to say, but there is a dangerous obsession with the non productive partnership of Tevez and Aguero.

Both of them play better as a sole striker, but as a partnership they simply don't function.

Dzeko has scored some important goals, but Mancini has treated him so appallingly he will probably go in the summer.

Forget Bayern, I can think of half a dozen strikers in the Premier League who would improve our team

As a poster rightly says, its what's behind them that matters.

Also the pace and power of Robben was incredible at times and creates so much space for players up front.

sergiokun said:
Would much prefer our strikers

Most of us agrees with you, but why do they have a better team ?

Or lets say why do they have "almost" the best team in the World ?<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:21 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
City have the more talented strikers, however Bayern have two strikers who don't need that many shots to score goals (Gomez and Mandzukic). They are among the least wasteful in all of Europe.

Perhaps some of this comes down to how clear cut the chances are though, we're not great at creating *truly* clear cut chances, whereas the likes of Gomez and Mandzukic are often put one on one against a keeper by Bayern's creative department.

BIi6rdxCQAE8oAv.jpg:large

Exactly, but the sad thing is what we hear from Mancini that he blame the strikers most of the time.

The whole team is responsible for the lack of goals this season and not only the strikers.

Tevez City said:
sergiokun said:

Or lets say why do they have "almost" the best team in the World ?

They have an incredible mixture of technical ability and power and pace, coupled with a natural balance and width that allows them to get behind defences.

Football is a very simple game, over complicated by the majority, most of the time.

Tevez City said:
sergiokun said:

Or lets say why do they have "almost" the best team in the World ?
They have the best goalkeeper in the world, two of the best full backs, two very good centre backs, two of the best central midfielders, two of the best wingers and out and out poachers upfront.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.