City talked up big time in the USA and Canada today

mzamba_slim said:
US coverage is fantastic these days - beats the crackly world service feed we had to rely on for the results 15 years ago.

Still takes a while to convince the average yank that Man City and Man Utd are 2 very different things. Took my boy to school the other day and noticed a random High School kid wearing a City shirt - so the word is out!

What's next, cricket?

I've spread the word via 2 generations now in Portland, OR. Cost me a few shirts on the way mind, but every American who stands by my stand is worth his, her weight in gold.

Sportcenter just ran a preview for Sunday on their evening broadcast with a Mancini interview. Unheard of coverage even two years ago.

back in 2006 i bought about 10 city away shirts for my freinds in new york. these were people i met through playing rugby , but there we were, all in the same row at a yankees game. They will all have them on on sunday

MaineStandMoaner said:
acquiesce said:
Sportcenter just ran a preview for Sunday on their evening broadcast with a Mancini interview. Unheard of coverage even two years ago.

That is immense coverage....Sportcenter is watched by millions.
Wow, very impressive.

SingBlueSilva said:
MaineStandMoaner said:
acquiesce said:

That is immense coverage....Sportcenter is watched by millions.
Wow, very impressive.

They are constantly running City in the bottom line for a game (as yanks call it) on Sunday. Usualyl only do day of coverage of PL.

buckshot said:
Rocket Sauce said:
buckshot said:
As long as we don't get a bunch of douchebag Yankee and Cowboy fans I'll be glad to have some more people to meet up with to watch matches.
How bout a Packers/St. Louis Cardinals fan?????

That's ok. I'm a Phillies/Steelers fan.

That's ok. I'm an Alabama/Falcons fan. Roll Tide and Go Falcons!

As others have noted Prem and football (soccer) is blowing up over here, in a big way, its becoming something that casual sports fans have an interest in watching now

To draw a picture how big of American market, I can start with about 300m population.
2% of them = 6m people
Each pays 100$ to subscript to EP = $ 600m
Half of money return to 20 clubs = $ 300m
The winner take about 15% = $ 45m (yes, you can buy 1 decent player every year)
Apart of that half soccer fan may start supporting the winner team hopefully City = 3m new City supporters.
And 1% sign up to the forum = 30,000 new Bluemoon log in (some UK base supporters will need to start geting used with foreign fans to make their own life easier)
I am not talking about converting 50% of population or compete with baseball, American football since it is impossible just a few % to start already a massive fan base in America and you know how easy people can hook up with soccer game, it took me only 2 games to convert an American boy whose parent watching American football regularly to become Silva fan.
Hopefully EP can open this market and have soccer PL every match live on TV from next season.

Can any blues in the US help me. Tomorrow I am gutted I won't be able to watch the build up and the match itself. My daughter has her match the same time City are playing. I don't have dvr. Is there anyone out there who will be dvr'ing it and could make a copy for me?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.