City talked up big time in the USA and Canada today

US coverage is fantastic these days - beats the crackly world service feed we had to rely on for the results 15 years ago.

Still takes a while to convince the average yank that Man City and Man Utd are 2 very different things. Took my boy to school the other day and noticed a random High School kid wearing a City shirt - so the word is out!

What's next, cricket?

mzamba_slim said:
US coverage is fantastic these days - beats the crackly world service feed we had to rely on for the results 15 years ago.

Still takes a while to convince the average yank that Man City and Man Utd are 2 very different things. Took my boy to school the other day and noticed a random High School kid wearing a City shirt - so the word is out!

What's next, cricket?

My Guess? Rugby union. It's the fastest growing NCAA sport for women and the fastest growing club sport for men.

BlueCalifornia said:
mzamba_slim said:

What's next, cricket?

My Guess? Rugby union. It's the fastest growing NCAA sport for women and the fastest growing club sport for men.

Do not mean to be rude, but when people (often) say ''it's the fastest growing sport....'' I always think, OK, so yesterday 4 people were playing it... today 12 people played it... that's 200% growth.... it's the fastest growing sport since the last fastest growing sport....

mzamba_slim said:

What's next, cricket?

Christ I hope not

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
BlueCalifornia said:
mzamba_slim said:

What's next, cricket?

Do not mean to be rude, but when people (often) say ''it's the fastest growing sport....'' I always think, OK, so yesterday 4 people were playing it... today 12 people played it... that's 200% growth.... it's the fastest growing sport since the last fastest growing sport....

I always think that too, but some of these programs have been around a long time (pre-dating American football). There are more than 850 college men's clubs.

City are big all over World now.

I am an Indian and there were hardly any CITY/ NEwcastle/ Stoke/Spurs fans here...
But now i see alot of City Jerseys all around and people talk more about our CITY than Liverpool/Arsenal....

Never saw this coming few years back...

This story pretty much sums it up:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162-57432579/all-10-premier-league-matches-on-us-tv-sunday/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162- ... tv-sunday/</a>

All 10 Premier League matches on US TV Sunday

NEW YORK — With the Premier League title and relegation races coming down to the final games Sunday, all 10 matches will be televised simultaneously in the United States for the first time.

Manchester City almost certainly would win its first league title since 1968 with a victory over visiting Queens Park Rangers. It's tied on points with 19-time champion Manchester United, which trails on goal difference, plus-63 to plus-55.

England's top tier has not been decided on a tiebreaker since Arsenal won over Liverpool on goals scored — the second decider — in 1989.

The Man City-QPR match will be shown on ESPN2, with the network using its own announcers, Ian Darke and Steve McManaman, rather than the international feed of Peter Drury and Craig Burley. It also will be shown on ESPN3.com and ESPN Deportes.

All 10 matches start at 10 a.m. EDT, and the other nine will be televised on Fox networks.

Manchester United's game at Sunderland will be broadcast on FX, with Jon Champion and Kevin Gallacher calling the action, and will be simulcast on Fox Deportes.

In the other games involving relegation-threatened teams, Stoke vs. Bolton will be on Fox Soccer Plus (with Daniel Mann and Tony Gale) and Norwich vs. Aston Villa will be on Fox Soccer 2Go (Jonathan Beck and Dean Ashton).

Among teams competing to qualify for next season's Champions League, West Bromwich Albion vs. Arsenal is on FSN (Gary Weaver and Trevor Francis), Tottenham vs. Fulham is on Fox Soccer (Tony Jones and Davie Provan) and Everton vs. Newcastle is on foxsoccer.com (Gary Taphouse and Garry Birtles).

In the other three games, Chelsea vs. already relegated Blackburn is on SPEED (Joe Speight and Dean Sturridge), Swansea vs. Liverpool is on FUEL TV (Phil Blacker and Barry Horne) and Wigan vs. already relegated Wolverhampton is on Fox Soccer 2Go (Andy Clarke and Bradley Allen).

BlueCalifornia said:
mzamba_slim said:

What's next, cricket?

rugby won t catch on....they don t wear shin,shoulder and head guards...;) yanks wont like that!!

That is a really a good news for PL. I think America is the new big market and can generate a big money to the leaque.
If any leaque can open this market first will gain a big benefit. For example if La Liga can open first, English Premier may find it difficult because when people follow any team they will tend to continue and never change. You know Messi, Ronaldo, Barca and Real is very tempted.
Anyway I have no idea if America/Canada will start having live Premier Leaque every matches from next season and how much money to PL.
But I am sure when they in love with soccer, the team most of people will follow is the champion of that year.
City will has massive fan base in America if we win this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.