City talked up big time in the USA and Canada today

unlikelyfan19 said:
I drove to Atlanta a couple summers ago when I was living in Nashville to go to the game at the Georgia Dome, and as I was about 40 minutes drive outside Nashville. I was about to run out of gas so I stopped to fill up. Mind you, this is about 4 in the morning, and I was pretty much in that weird dream state. I was standing there and this car pulled up and 2 other kids about my age get out wearing city kits. You want to talk about a weird scene. Middle of nowhere tennessee, three 20 something's at a gas station wearing city kits. Bizarre moment. They had been to the game too so we stood outside and chatted almost until the sun came out, it was a great night. That was the night I got to meet Mike Summerbee, Garry Cook, and a bunch of the city suits. It was such a good trip, even the 10 hours of driving that day.

Well when I got back back from Stoke & we won 5-2 but still got relegated I saw Neil McNab in the off licence so there ;)

Manchester City is growing for sure, I let everyone know here in the states.

I wore my City shirt the day after the match to campus, as I was walking to class a guy high fived me and said congrats. (Liverpool fan but hated United just as much) : )

I live in Wichita, Kansas

green pennies said:
I've been searching for football content on xm/sirius forever and have never had any luck. Where are you guys tuning in for this content?

Also, listen to the Men in Blazers podcast out of the Grantland Network. (Bill Simmon's kind of "personal" collection of great pods.) Those guys do a show on Sirius I believe, can't remember the time though.

*edit

Found it, Mondays and Fridays at 9am Eastern. These guys almost have me in tears sometimes. Produced in the crap part of soho. (If you listen to them you'll get that.)

Frank the Yank said:
taconinja said:
I actually ran into a student wearing a City shirt yesterday afternoon when leaving work! I think we were both surprised to see another fan on campus!

(I work at North Carolina State University.)

Shame on you!! Why dont you work @ The University of North Carolina since theor colors are a nice light blue. NC St's colors are RED!!

RAG ALERT!!!

Just kidding pal!

And WHERE DO YOU WORK, Frank? ;-)

Was in Universal Studios the day we played Macc away and bumped into a few blues there and we were chatting about City and i said game should be over now. So phoned William Hills in Picadilly because wife worked there and asked manager what score it was and as i asked he said good timing Goater has just scored in 89 th minute

ChicagoBlue said:
Frank the Yank said:
taconinja said:
I actually ran into a student wearing a City shirt yesterday afternoon when leaving work! I think we were both surprised to see another fan on campus!

(I work at North Carolina State University.)

Shame on you!! Why dont you work @ The University of North Carolina since theor colors are a nice light blue. NC St's colors are RED!!

RAG ALERT!!!

Just kidding pal!

And WHERE DO YOU WORK, Frank? ;-)

Keep that quiet pal!! They were the first ones to hire men!!!
BTW on a totally different subject-have you seen the new Geico commercial? The one were the Geico Gekko is in Chicago and talks like a Chicagoan?? That cracks me up-DA BEARS!!!

Love it Frank...classic.

A few years back, I went to see Bradley beat DePaul at All State Arena and a Chicagoan in the same accent behind me was complaining all night: "He's all over his back."

ESPN.com is saying that they'll be showing the City match. Before the derby they said they'd either be showing the City or scum match but I guess City are getting the prime treatment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.