City talked up big time in the USA and Canada today

Frank the Yank said:
buckshot said:
As long as we don't get a bunch of douchebag Yankee and Cowboy fans I'll be glad to have some more people to meet up with to watch matches.

How about a Mets fan?? BTW I have been supporting City probably for longer than most of you lot have been ALIVE!!!!! Think about trying to support City and learn about the club BEFORE the internet-WAAAAY BEFORE!!!! It wasnt easy!

I lived in NY for 4 years from 2000, in my first week work took me to Mets v Yankees game at Shea Stadium. As a City fan I naturally went for the underdog and started supporting the Mets. As you know that was the year they met in the World 'Subway' series and of course the Yankees won. But we had great fun outsinging the plastic Yankee fans in the bars. It was the only real US sport I got into and still look out for the Mets now. Of course they have been shite ever since!

great to hear what people thought of the atmosphere, Nasri saying it was the best he had ever experienced topped it all off for me.

Steharry said:
Frank the Yank said:
buckshot said:
As long as we don't get a bunch of douchebag Yankee and Cowboy fans I'll be glad to have some more people to meet up with to watch matches.

How about a Mets fan?? BTW I have been supporting City probably for longer than most of you lot have been ALIVE!!!!! Think about trying to support City and learn about the club BEFORE the internet-WAAAAY BEFORE!!!! It wasnt easy!

I lived in NY for 4 years from 2000, in my first week work took me to Mets v Yankees game at Shea Stadium. As a City fan I naturally went for the underdog and started supporting the Mets. As you know that was the year they met in the World 'Subway' series and of course the Yankees won. But we had great fun outsinging the plastic Yankee fans in the bars. It was the only real US sport I got into and still look out for the Mets now. Of course they have been shite ever since!

When i worked there i was a Jets fan for the same reason. Think they have a decent team now

Re: City talked up big time ..USA/Canada ... still work to do !

Impeccable One said:
Only thing that still bugs me is that the majority of US commentators have a speech disorder. Whenever the word 'Manchester' comes out of their lips, they can't help themselves but follow it with United ! seriously, all the f'in time ..... 1/2 the time they don't even catch themselves doing it. I suppose it's only a matter of time ....

This is true. I've even had people correct me when I say I support Manchester City, they say "You mean United".

pride in battle said:
If you watched it on sky or m.o.t.d you would have thought it was crap!
I am sure they turned the sound down, inside the ground amazing!

I thought exactly the same thing. Only the Wembley semi last year have I experienced a better atmosphere. Got home and caught the last 15 mins of MOTD in HD and could hardly hear a thing.

Frank the Yank said:
buckshot said:

I doubt your longevity would outstretch mine, my noble colonial mate, I was probably watching them, when your countrymen had the temerity to lob our tea into Boston harbour. And you're right, it is never easy.

Re: City talked up big time ..USA/Canada ... still work to do !

buckshot said:
Impeccable One said:
Only thing that still bugs me is that the majority of US commentators have a speech disorder. Whenever the word 'Manchester' comes out of their lips, they can't help themselves but follow it with United ! seriously, all the f'in time ..... 1/2 the time they don't even catch themselves doing it. I suppose it's only a matter of time ....

This is true. I've even had people correct me when I say I support Manchester City, they say "You mean United".

That's a smack in the mouth offence.

Frank the Yank said:
buckshot said:

Ahh the good ol' days of Soccer America newspaper and MCIVTA (McVitee!!!)

jonmcity said:
Steharry said:
Frank the Yank said:

When i worked there i was a Jets fan for the same reason. Think they have a decent team now

Ha ha, Mets, Jets and Nets for me....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.