City target Bilbao's Ander Herrera

Bilbao could more than double their money on him after one season and as always would be able to identify replacements. He only cost them about £6million. There's no indication that Bilbao are a selling club though, they've kept hold of Llorente and Martinez despite years of interest from other clubs. Even Muniain despite only being 19 has been linked with top clubs since 2009 when he broke into Bilbao's first team.

I think Martinez should be our no. 1 priory from Bilbao but as LC said there is no indication Bilbao are a selling club and have no real need to sell. I would also have Inler as a back up to Martinez.

FantasyIreland said:
Ell-ano said:
he only signed for them at the beginning of this year, surely they wouldn't want to get rid of him so soon?

As ever,money talks.....

I don't think a club like Bilbao could turn down our cash.

They could quite easily. They have zero debt and have Basques playing for them.

They are on the verge of a successful era and a policy that encourages patience to get that successful era.

They know it too.

Imagine us being where we are now with 20 Manchester lads. Would they be willing to move?

FantasyIreland said:
Ell-ano said:
he only signed for them at the beginning of this year, surely they wouldn't want to get rid of him so soon?

As ever,money talks.....

They could turn down any offer because they don't need the money. Due to their policy Athletic can't go and splash some money on the transfer market like most of clubs usually do.
And one of the reasons Athletic keep their players longer than other clubs is because their players are very well paid(they can't spend their money on the trasnfermaket, so they do on wages).
Players like Javi Martinez or Llorente could be on 5-6 millions/season.

Rana said:
FantasyIreland said:
Ell-ano said:

As ever,money talks.....

They could turn down any offer because they don't need the money. Due to their policy Athletic can't go and splash some money on the transfer market like most of clubs usually do.
And one of the reasons Athletic keep their players longer than other clubs is because their players are very well paid(they can't spend their money on the trasnfermaket, so they do on wages).
Players like Javi Martinez or Llorente could be on 5-6 millions/season.

That's all true. But maybe the idea of playing the CL, competing for the PL title and being surrounded by players such as Aguero, Silva, Yaya etc might make Bilbao players interested. Plus even more money of course.

It looks as though Bilbao and all the other Spanish teams may lose a lot of their TV revenue next year. In last week's Daily Telegraph, the Business section ran an article about the Spanish recession leading to a loss of subscribers. So their TV stations are going to offer a lot less for next years soccer rights. The article adds that an exodus of players to the English Premier League is quite possible.
Add this to the fact that 5 of the last 8 of teams in the two European competitions are Spanish, and we have little need to go 'Harrods' shopping anywhere else.

Anyone watching tonight ?, got the match on but got family round and cant watch it properly ..
Hows he doing ?

sky tot said:
Anyone watching tonight ?, got the match on but got family round and cant watch it properly ..
Hows he doing ?

Not had much impact, like the rest of Athletic so far.

Sporting are trying to imitate Stoke, lots of wrestling and tripping.

We have been linked to about 7 players already, one players name i am still trying to pronounce and that was posted last week.

I'll be taking all this shite with a pinch of salt unless i hear official stuff starting to tie in with stuff TH seems adamant about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.