"City Tearing Cockneys Apart Again"

I'm from Kent , dads from Manchester ,,, I've had a season ticket and go away as much as I can , I have stopped going to London games as much as I have had similar experiences due to my accent ... It has only developed more since 2008 in my opinion !

I'm from Kent , dads from Manchester ,,, I've had a season ticket and go away as much as I can , I have stopped going to London games as much as I have had similar experiences due to my accent ... It has only developed more since 2008 in my opinion !

Ashamed to say but I felt i had to put on a "northern accent" back in the day just feel part of the City fans, especially on the Kippax. Remember I used to practice answering the "got the time" question.

I remember goin to games 'back then' and mancs hearing my accent and thinking I was nuts traveling that far to watch 'that crap'. Now this !.

To be honest, there may well be some glory hunters, but don't hear that south of Manchester accent and tar us all with the same brush.

Ha ha, likewise. I've been watching City live since the mid-70's and the only comments I've ever had have been of the 'Cor, you must be bleeding mad' variety. Not once in 40 years have I ever had grief over my non-descript Southern English (tinged with oo-ar noises) accent. I look forward to receiving some though.... ;-)

Anyway, it is the season of goodwill and a fellow Blue has helped to make my Christmas by sorting me a half price Turkey.

There was no Bob Cratchet involved and I'm not so Tiny Tim. No words about City were exchanged, I just noticed the shop worker glancing at my City Shirt visible through my half zipped tracksuit top! He noticed my looking at the Turkeys and said, "hang on their while I get you a half priced one." He appeared with the bid moments later!

Have a great Christmas Blue, whoever you are!

Has anyone asked the question about how these die hards managed to acrue enough points for this game?
How does anyone under 18 manage to out point any fucker for a game?​

Has anyone asked the question about how these die hards managed to acrue enough points for this game?
How does anyone under 18 manage to out point any fucker for a game?​

Good point. I thought the same about some super blue of 30ish who was telling a couple of lads in the Drayton, "when did you Cockneys jump on the bandwagon". They let him know what they thought!

I had never seen this super fan at any City game!

Dickheads ( and happy Christmas to them as they are still blues)

Without the London Supporters Club helping out a broad south Manchester accent like mine I would have got into far more bother at the likes of Millwall, Chelsea (prior to chelski) West Ham , Spurs, QPR, etc(Cardiff but that is for another thread) in the 70's and 80's

And we still hated the cockney reds

As a former London branch member I can assure you that they were some of the most passionate blues ever. They put so much time and money into city. Remember Carol and a young fan called Andy (probably in his 40's now ) who devoted their lives to city and no doubt still do.

As a former London branch member I can assure you that they were some of the most passionate blues ever. They put so much time and money into city. Remember Carol and a young fan called Andy (probably in his 40's now ) who devoted their lives to city and no doubt still do.

Do you recall a surname for Andy? I've been in that branch for about six seasons and there's a couple. Ray also deserves major credit for travel and accounts.

Having been a London based blue for about ten years (originally from Middleton via a few other places!) then I have heard similar stories from a number of blues from London / the home counties who have encountered similar experiences to what this thread is dedicated to. Personally, I've found new faces quite defensive and almost apologetic when we've spoken for the first time and they're not "local" to Manchester. Sadly they're just going to have to expect it as I would if I went to Crystal Palace with a Manc accent. I've also had problems in Leeds of a night out from the Yarkshur! Yarkshur! Yarkshur! types. Human nature?

Why should you have to explain to anyone who you are and what you're doing? As long as you're not harming others then just live and let live.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.