"City Tearing Cockneys Apart Again"

I laugh when I read these threads as to how many supposedly grown men get in a tizz about young lads who are simply expressing themselves and finding their own boundaries.

A few on here have actually said they would love the young lads 'start' on them so they could sort them out.

Why not simply talk to the lads. Tell them being a city fan is more than an accent.

I write this as one who is appalled at the club for giving arsenal tickets to overseas fans at the expense of city fans with points. But the two are ddifferent points.

These lads need to know we all blues.

My lad is 16 and I can see the testosterone in him. Oozing out of him it is but it is controlled by talking and educating him.
He goes all games with me and we don't have a problem with 'foreign' or young fans. Tends to be more the grumpy old get who won't sing i
or moans for the bad old days.

I laugh when I read these threads as to how many supposedly grown men get in a tizz about young lads who are simply expressing themselves and finding their own boundaries.

A few on here have actually said they would love the young lads 'start' on them so they could sort them out.

Why not simply talk to the lads. Tell them being a city fan is more than an accent.

I write this as one who is appalled at the club for giving arsenal tickets to overseas fans at the expense of city fans with points. But the two are ddifferent points.

My lad is 16 and I can see the testosterone in him. Oozing out of him it is but it is controlled by talking and educating him.
He goes all games with me and we don't have a problem with 'foreign' or young fans. Tends to be more the grumpy old get who won't sing i

That's a fair point, good post. We've all been twats in our late teens, I thought I was the boy when I was 17 18 after a few pints. Doing the right thing with your lad mate - people must have their own personality and opinions and you're not stopping that, but educating him on civil matters. 5 years down the line he will turn round and say 'yeh I was a bit of a twat back then, come to think of it' and laugh it off.

The problem with a lot of these youths is that they don't have a respectable figure at home or in their friendship groups to advise them on these matters. So a chip on the shoulder tends to get worse with age.

And that's what happened!

I think the pub in question is called the Drayton park now? I was in there on Monday and saw a bloke getting a bit of shit off some youths, he then spoke to me and my mate (I've a bristolian accent, he has a londonish one) and someone else (about 50+) mentioned it again. Something along the lines of "I've not seen you before...

Despite having a season ticket and going to a fair few games away.

I'm glad the lads in question didn't say anything to me, I'm a lover not a fighter but I'd have made the, look the dicks they most likely are.

Yes it is the Drayton Park. That know it all from Prestwich would have had Blues heading down the Brompton Riad to the Drayton Arms near Chelski!!

I got started on in the Manchester after Leeds game cause my accent has changed in last 15 yrs since moving to the Midlands, have a bit of a mixed accent.

Just one of those things, some fans will always be a bit suspect of an accent that sounds like the away support.

I remember once and having been out of Manchester for a few years dropping in to the pub for a pre-match pint (admittedly sans colours) and being told 'sorry mate we don't allow away fans in here!". Emotionally scarred me forever that.

Must admit, I did see some fat yobs screaming in broad Glasweigan in town after the Swansea game, was fucking embarassing.

All wearing City scarves, pissed up beyond belief intimidating people in Piccadilly station and chanting Yaya Toure songs. Felt a bit embarrassed that we now have people like that attached to our club.

It was same after Hearts away, a carriage full of Scottish fans singing "champions of England" like they had just won the World Cup sounded so very wrong.

You think it's easy to try getting a 17/18 year old to see sense after he's had 8 bottles of WKD?

I'd like to live in your world, mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.