City to axe Mancini

Didsbury Dave said:
Blue Mooner said:
And that's a position I 100% respect. It's when those who have a view seem desperate to be proven right at the cost to the success of the team, and they are persistent and almost tyrannical in their pursuit of 'proving' their superior knowledge

Lets face it we all get things wrong, Fergie gets things wrong from time to time.

I was one of those who kept saying Samaras would come good - I was spectacularly wrong (and proved my happy clapper credentials) - that said, I'd rather be wrong by trying to see the best in things than talk the club into a downward spiral.

Confidence plays a key role in every walk of life - those who predict doom and gloom for the economy - are accused of affecting confidence in UK plc and it can set you on a negative downward trend that is hard to reverse.

I do think it's 34 years of let downs that always makes City fans see the worse case scenarios rather than the best case. It really is time we talked 'up' our chances rather than talk them down.

I do find rags fans delusional. One said to me that Hernandes was the best signing of the summer and that was before he'd done anything BUT in another sense I admire their confidence and optimism.

If you want success then why talk our chances down ? Its counter inituitive to what you want so doesn't make sense. Well to me at least.

It's a forum.

Why not give your honest opinion about everything?

It won't make a scrap of difference to results on the pitch.

This is not Glasnost.

Yeah, this basically.

Blue Mooner said:

And that's a position I 100% respect. It's when those who have a view seem desperate to be proven right at the cost to the success of the team, and they are persistent and almost tyrannical in their pursuit of 'proving' their superior knowledge

Good point BM'er.

Balti said:
Blue Mooner said:

Good point BM'er.

I've never met a single City fan who didn't want us to win every game.

These mythical bogeymen who want City to lose are figments of small imaginations.

Didsbury Dave said:
Balti said:
Good point BM'er.

These mythical bogeymen who want City to lose are figments of small imaginations.

To be fair DD there were a few on here last season who openly wanted City to lose if it meant getting rid of Hughes...

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

To be fair DD there were a few on here last season who openly wanted City to lose if it meant getting rid of Hughes...

I never came across that. That's terrible.

I could never ever want City not to win, my heart wouldn't allow it.

If I see a bunch of lads in City shirts playing lads in Utd shirts on the park I want them to win.

We cant just keep sacking managers ever year or so when will people fucking learn.

We need a proper long term strategy look at the money we have spent and the wrong sort of players we have signed. We are already seing the current manager simply doesnt want many of Hughes players he doesnt rate them and they dont get on. We cant change the squad and manager every year or so we will go no where win nothing.

He needs to be given time. I would say 2 full seasons at the very least.

If he does go I would say Martin O’Neill as we have already seen anyone from outside the league is a big risk even if they are of the highest quality.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:

I never came across that. That's terrible.

I could never ever want City not to win, my heart wouldn't allow it.

If I see a bunch of lads in City shirts playing lads in Utd shirts on the park I want them to win.

....and the utd lads to slip in dog shit.

Didsbury Dave said:
RBmk2 said:
Nowhere in my original post did I say either "shut the fuck up" or "don't post your views on a City forum."
The point I was making is that we have been in far worse positions before,and yet some people seem to want to rip the manager to bits after two defeats,aided and abetted by the rag-infested shitty tabloids.
Ludicrous.
But sadly symptomatic of the "I want it now,me,me me" society we seem to live in.
By all means air your views,your frustrations-but at the same time take a look at how far we've come..we're a good side,with some fantastic players.

I honestly don't know what else people want..I say again,we're in the top four,looking good in Europe..we need to show some patience..or have we learned absolutely nothing?

All very nice mate but misses one crucial point.

We have spent hundreds of millions on players, staff and facilities at a time when our rivals have spent nothing.

If this was organic growth things would of course be different.

Our rivals have spent the money over the last 20 years though DD....on infrastruture,players,the lot.They've built an ivory tower with the aid of CL and Sky money.
We're playing catch up,big time.

And we wouldn't have been allowed to grow "organically" in the past because every time we got ourselves into a position where we get a top player or looked like our team is going to achieve something,then they'd get picked off by the likes of Chelsea.
It's happening now at spuds with Bale.

That's why I'm saying that we have to look at everything in context-yes,we've spent a fortune but in relative terms we simply had no choice.
We're doing things at breakneck speed-patience is the key.
Otherwise,we just keep going round in circles,with the next guy chancing his arm,a couple of bad results,we go full circle...ad infinitum.....unless Mourinho suddenly wants in....

Didsbury Dave said:
Blue Mooner said:

Lets face it we all get things wrong, Fergie gets things wrong from time to time.

I was one of those who kept saying Samaras would come good - I was spectacularly wrong (and proved my happy clapper credentials) - that said, I'd rather be wrong by trying to see the best in things than talk the club into a downward spiral.

Confidence plays a key role in every walk of life - those who predict doom and gloom for the economy - are accused of affecting confidence in UK plc and it can set you on a negative downward trend that is hard to reverse.

I do think it's 34 years of let downs that always makes City fans see the worse case scenarios rather than the best case. It really is time we talked 'up' our chances rather than talk them down.

I do find rags fans delusional. One said to me that Hernandes was the best signing of the summer and that was before he'd done anything BUT in another sense I admire their confidence and optimism.

If you want success then why talk our chances down ? Its counter inituitive to what you want so doesn't make sense. Well to me at least.

It's a forum.

Why not give your honest opinion about everything?

It won't make a scrap of difference to results on the pitch.

This is not Glasnost.

I accept you've got to be true to yourself, If you believe one thing you're not going to write something else. Although I try and stick to the mantra that if you've got nothing good to say don't say anything at all.

But, many things are how you want to view them. City have a big squad. Good or bad ? The press would have you believe it's bad because you can't keep players happy. I would have you believe it's good and an absolute necessity to be successful. (After all the rags have had a big squad for years)

Where I think you and I will never agree is that it won't affect results on the pitch. Maybe not your musings in isolation or even just this forum but the accumulated effect of negative after negative output across all media outlets will affect players on the pitch. Nothing surer.

Rooney is a great example, clearly with off field problems, resulting low confidence and poor performances.

Torres gets injured struggles and starts getting slated still not re-discovered his form.

If you hadn't seen either of them before you wouldn't go near them with a barge pole or believe that they were world class players.

Bale - low on confidence couldn't get a game at Spurs re-discovered his confidence and he looks awesome.

Constant negativity off the pitch will affect the players. There are so many examples where unrest off the pitch results in poor results. Portsmouth (pompey may have gone down anyway but certainly not by the amount they did) being a good example last year, Newcastle the year before that (now doing well with the same squad) and this year Liverpool. which is why I think City fans should think about the cumulative effect of their 'opinions' before they decide to spout off about 'alleged' goings on at the club.

I know this will have no effect on your view that the rumours, insinuations, inside leaks etc have no impact but I'm entitled to express my view as to why I believe yours and others postings do no favours for the hopes you have for the club.

Please feel free to convince me to the contrary, I'm all ears (metaphorically speaking)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.