City to axe Mancini

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I agree, and I'm hurt by it, but I'm not gonna keep calling for his head every week, I'm gonna back him and give him a chance to prove me wrong and let the team get on with it. if they don't play well, trust me I'll say so, I don't have a problem with that, I'm just tired of the same old agendas, if you don't like him fine, we know, you don't have to keep telling us and using it as an argument.[/quote]

Sorry if that's how it comes across, I certainly don't have an agenda against Mancini, I'm just defending my position & answering the questions asked about why I don't think he's right for City.

Again, I will support him 100% during the games while he's manager of City - I also hope I'm proved spectacularly wrong.

Didsbury Dave said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
i agree to a certain extent but that's your problem, you're so cynical about everything that sometimes, when it's better to do so, you can't take things at face value and accept it as that. I'm not criticising you, but it makes sense with the way you post, and I think sometimes you seem to think something must always be up, because you don't know everything that goes on within the club. For me, like anyone else's life, you have to assume it's ok like everything else, or you'd be told otherwise, and like in life, it depends on the source. If I tell you I'm unhappy, that's a genuine source, so you'd have every reason to believe what I say is true. If a paper(who's sole aim is to make as much money as possible each day, and the proven way to do that is to be as controversial and dramatic as possible) prints a story with no direct quotes to named individuals then you really have to take it with a pinch of salt, especially when it goes up against direct quotes from individuals involved.

The performances on the pitch and activities off the pitch make it obvious that all is not well. Things are not disastrous but they're not right.

So I will continue to think for myself as I always have done.

The only time I notice things going wrong on the pitch is when we're playing bad or loosing, same applies for off the pitch. When we win nothing is said or printed in papers so I genuinely believe these things happen not because players are unhappy in general but because they are unhappy we're loosing/playing bad, but that's up to them to sort out and work on.

There are shades of grey in how newspaper articles are written, little phrases and wordings that, along with the explicitness of the message give the game away as to how substantial and informed the article is.

IMVHO, that Ian Herbert article is just chit-chat, opinion. He's saying; bad results, lots of pressure. We knew they wouldn't be the finished article from day one, but there's evidence of arguments and stuff, and if they aren't 'together' they can't gel, right? Owners already did it once before.

There isn't a single original thought in the whole thing; no source beyond betfair and what's already been printed in the papers.

It's just been sold onto the Belfast Telegraph, and their Sub has tacked on an inappropriate headline.

Storm in a teacup.

Is there ANY other paper running a rumour that he's out?

Glasgow Man City said:
toffee balls said:
I agree with what you say about a team effort mate & I think you're right in it but look at the difference in the way we played in the 2 games you mention above. IMO one was full of passion & 1 involved far too much standing off The only real difference was the manager.

I am not entirely convinced it was all his fault.
I truly believe us fans can play a big part.
Where I was sat in April every single one of the people sat near me seemed to have nervously settled for a point in the last 10 minutes.

We really must demand more on the day!

Its a simple case of meeting targets and he is fine , if not or if the board have someone better lined up and they cannot see him achieving what they require of a manager and he will in all likelihood be shown the door.

That timeframe is totally dependant on the people who pay the bills and their view on what is an adequate period of time.

In Hughes case it was 18 months and while I would expect Mancini to last out the season unless things go drastically belly up for the Club results wise if he fails to meet the targets set out for him this season its unlikely he will be in charge next season.

If Mancini fails then one must expect some serious questions being asked of the people who hired him as to whether they are the right people to move us closer to Chelsea Manure and Arsenal etc.

Its only because of the money and the expectations that go with it that we are coming under so much media scrutiny and I have no doubt many of the media would love us to fail both short and long term so they can move onto the next target and write the same old dribble about the next club that manages to find a mega rich owner.

Chick Counterfly said:
There are shades of grey in how newspaper articles are written, little phrases and wordings that, along with the explicitness of the message give the game away as to how substantial and informed the article is.

IMVHO, that Ian Herbert article is just chit-chat, opinion. He's saying; bad results, lots of pressure. We knew they wouldn't be the finished article from day one, but there's evidence of arguments and stuff, and if they aren't 'together' they can't gel, right? Owners already did it once before.

There isn't a single original thought in the whole thing; no source beyond betfair and what's already been printed in the papers.

It's just been sold onto the Belfast Telegraph, and their Sub has tacked on an inappropriate headline.

Storm in a teacup.

Is there ANY other paper running a rumour that he's out?

I agree with that to a large degree...the only caveat being that I imagine a lot of the media are going to use the Hughes sacking, the talk of 'trajectory' etc. to qualify why they think Mancini's under pressure...especially if we do fall behind the average points Hughes was picking up when he was sacked. It's fair to say many, if not all of those journo's will be mates of Hughes' and will be itching to write that kind of stuff...

The key for us/Roberto is to get the dressing room onside. I do like the fact that our board have never really been forced into making votes of confidence at inappropriate times, so I don't particularly think they need to say anything publicly.

In many ways I've a lot of sympathy for Mancini's current predicament, and yet I think in many ways he's brought it upon himself. Talk about feeling conflicted...

toffee balls said:
I am not entirely convinced it was all his fault.
I truly believe us fans can play a big part.
Where I was sat in April every single one of the people sat near me seemed to have nervously settled for a point in the last 10 minutes.

We really must demand more on the day!

Very true, same with people around me.

6a00d8341bfa1853ef00e55295c07f8833-320pi

Glasgow Man City said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I agree, and I'm hurt by it, but I'm not gonna keep calling for his head every week, I'm gonna back him and give him a chance to prove me wrong and let the team get on with it. if they don't play well, trust me I'll say so, I don't have a problem with that, I'm just tired of the same old agendas, if you don't like him fine, we know, you don't have to keep telling us and using it as an argument.[/quote]

Sorry if that's how it comes across, I certainly don't have an agenda against Mancini, I'm just defending my position & answering the questions asked about why I don't think he's right for City.

Again, I will support him 100% during the games while he's manager of City - I also hope I'm proved spectacularly wrong.

And that's a position I 100% respect. It's when those who have a view seem desperate to be proven right at the cost to the success of the team, and they are persistent and almost tyrannical in their pursuit of 'proving' their superior knowledge

Lets face it we all get things wrong, Fergie gets things wrong from time to time.

I was one of those who kept saying Samaras would come good - I was spectacularly wrong (and proved my happy clapper credentials) - that said, I'd rather be wrong by trying to see the best in things than talk the club into a downward spiral.

Confidence plays a key role in every walk of life - those who predict doom and gloom for the economy - are accused of affecting confidence in UK plc and it can set you on a negative downward trend that is hard to reverse.

I do think it's 34 years of let downs that always makes City fans see the worse case scenarios rather than the best case. It really is time we talked 'up' our chances rather than talk them down.

I do find rags fans delusional. One said to me that Hernandes was the best signing of the summer and that was before he'd done anything BUT in another sense I admire their confidence and optimism.

If you want success then why talk our chances down ? Its counter inituitive to what you want so doesn't make sense. Well to me at least.

Blue Mooner said:

And that's a position I 100% respect. It's when those who have a view seem desperate to be proven right at the cost to the success of the team, and they are persistent and almost tyrannical in their pursuit of 'proving' their superior knowledge

Lets face it we all get things wrong, Fergie gets things wrong from time to time.

I was one of those who kept saying Samaras would come good - I was spectacularly wrong (and proved my happy clapper credentials) - that said, I'd rather be wrong by trying to see the best in things than talk the club into a downward spiral.

Confidence plays a key role in every walk of life - those who predict doom and gloom for the economy - are accused of affecting confidence in UK plc and it can set you on a negative downward trend that is hard to reverse.

I do think it's 34 years of let downs that always makes City fans see the worse case scenarios rather than the best case. It really is time we talked 'up' our chances rather than talk them down.

I do find rags fans delusional. One said to me that Hernandes was the best signing of the summer and that was before he'd done anything BUT in another sense I admire their confidence and optimism.

If you want success then why talk our chances down ? Its counter inituitive to what you want so doesn't make sense. Well to me at least.

It's a forum.

Why not give your honest opinion about everything?

It won't make a scrap of difference to results on the pitch.

This is not Glasnost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.