City to axe Mancini

Skibum said:
Why on earth would City axe Mancini?

We are 4th.

Mancini was their chosen one.

We are sitting fairly comfortable in the Europa League.

His 6 signings have not played together yet.

If anyone needs sacking it's some of the players for being totally unprofessional on and off the pitch.

It's all paper bollocks.

2 wins ( which is very possible ) and we will be touted for winning the league again like we were only 10 days ago! Fickle or what? That's the press and us fans!
I think its fair to say the owners will sack the manager if things aren't going their way. I'm trying not to create yet another Hughes/Mancini debate, but I can't say this without it sounding that way, (however it isn't mean too). This time last year we were in a better position than what we are now, target wise I mean. 4th, looking good in the league, (impressive performances at the start), and on course for the league cup. It will be far more difficult to win the Europa than it would the League Cup, purely because of the amount of games involved in the Europa. Mancini doesn't have that league cup to fall back on now, so all in all we are worse off, albeit it slightly, than this time last year but with yet another £150m invested on the pitch. To think the owners won't sack the manager if it stays like this is naive to be honest, as they have already proven that no matter how good of a position we are in, if results aren't looking good, they will act.

Pigeonho said:
Skibum said:

We are 4th.

If anyone needs sacking it's some of the players for being totally unprofessional on and off the pitch.

It's all paper bollocks.

2 wins ( which is very possible ) and we will be touted for winning the league again like we were only 10 days ago! Fickle or what? That's the press and us fans!
I think its fair to say the owners will sack the manager if things aren't going their way. I'm trying not to create yet another Hughes/Mancini debate, but I can't say this without it sounding that way, (however it isn't mean too). This time last year we were in a better position than what we are now, target wise I mean. 4th, looking good in the league, (impressive performances at the start), and on course for the league cup. It will be far more difficult to win the Europa than it would the League Cup, purely because of the amount of games involved in the Europa. Mancini doesn't have that league cup to fall back on now, so all in all we are worse off, albeit it slightly, than this time last year but with yet another £150m invested on the pitch. To think the owners won't sack the manager if it stays like this is naive to be honest, as they have already proven that no matter how good of a position we are in, if results aren't looking good, they will act.

What about him being their chosen one?

They will sack him that's a given at some point it just isn't going to be this season. That's not naive it's my opinion.

Hughes was sacked because they wanted Mancini and had to wait for his contract wrangle to be sorted and the run of draws was the appropriate time.

Pigeonho said:
Skibum said:

We are 4th.

It's all paper bollocks.

well said

I don't normally bite with the press as I don't normally pay any mind to what is printed, but I've had about two hours kip, I'm at work and very fecking grumpy - so apologies if this is a bit knee jerk, it's just how I feel...

Swapping Mancini for Rijkaard will be a hugely retrograde step. Rijkaard lost the dressing room at Barca (one of the resons why he was shipped out). I understand the same is true at Galatasaray.

MON? No thanks. Just an opinion, but I think he's another of those managers who just hasn't quite got it in his armoury as a manager to be top of the heap.

If City get rid of Mancini now, it would signal a return to the 'hire 'em, fire 'em' days; no self respecting manager will want to come in under those conditions, apart from the type that doesn't give a stuff and is there for a huge pay day.

I declare a bias here, as I like Mancini as a manager. I believe he will come good and the recent run is a blip. The nonsense in the press is both fringe player driven and lazy journalism, so not convinced all is as bad as has been painted.

However, that said, no matter who we had in charge right now, unless there was signifcant reason to get rid (ie improprietry - drugs etc being bottom of the league), if we get rid of the manager now, I will seriosuly consider the point of having a season ticket as we will never give anyone the opportunity to build anything of note.

Khaldoon seems very level-headed and not kneejerk. Hughes was sacked in rather unprofessional fashion but the justification behind his sacking was arguably there. People talk about how he was "near 4th" without realizing his first full season we finished a fairly pathetic 10th (pathetic considering we had Robinho, Elano, and some other good players). Hughes, despite not being the owners' choice and being in quite over his head, was given 1 1/2 seasons and lots of money.

Mancini is barely approaching his first full season in charge and granted he missed 5th, but he was thrown right into the lion's den and not given much time. He still hasn't been given much time but the signs have at times been there that he can lead us forward. I mean we are in 4th despite some bad performances and rumours of player unrest. To sack him now would be suicidal, who are we to get at a moment's notice? Martin O'Neill and his small-minded shoestring budget expertise? Rijkaard, who spent a lot of money at Galatasary and did a horrendous job there?

Only one man could decisively do better than Mancini and that is Mourinho who is very much unavailable and might not want to come here even if he was, as he is a rag admirer.

Mancini in! If we fail badly this season then I could understand his job being reviewed but not now.

Frank Rijkaard was sacked at Barca because he couldnt handle player power, what we need at City is someone who can deal with big players with big egos and Rijkaard aint that guy.

As always, a massive if, but if there is anything in all these rumours then it is very worrying. Almost regardless of what people think of Mancini, if the club allow the players to get their way then the club is fucked. No manager in the future would stand a chance either. I can only think of about four managers in the world who I'd rather have at City and I don't think any of them are realistic targets. If we go for Rijkaard it would be awful beyond words.

This is just ridiculous. Considering the start we have had I would suggest we are only slightly behind where we should be.

Accepting that outside of the top four/five teams we should win most of our home games we have played Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and by next week also the rags that would be all the big four out of our first 6 home games. None of those are given home games.

If you then accept that no away game is easy (the rags have only won one away game and that in the last minute) and that we have also played Spurs away then we have had a VERY tough start and this whilst we are bedding in a team and having suffered injuries to our new signings.

I would say we are in a good position to go on from here with easier (not easy) home games to come.

The mere idea of sacking Mancini proves that unfortunately the press are able to get into the psyche of our fans and create a crisis where in reality none exists.

We all know that instability affects results so why do some of our fans just play into the media agenda ???

Personally I believe the story to be bollocks.

However, if it turns out to be true then it is a huge victory for all those "blues" on here and elsewhere who continue to hound our club and it's manager relentlessly.

I've never been more convinced than now that there is a sizeable minority of "city fans" that won't rest until they haveremoved every ounce of good from our club.

How long until they turn on our owners?

Many of you are a disgrace that don't deserve a football club to follow.

You won't be happy until you've turned us back into little old (shit) city again will you?

If Mancini is sacked I will never have been more ashamed to be a blue.

Disgraceful.

Mansour and Khaldoon obviously enjoyed the fall out over the Hughes sacking so much that they cant wait to do it again. Bring in another manager wanting to spend £200m to replace Mancini's signings. They must be relishing the prospect.

Cook and Marwood must surely think that, having fairly recently convinced the owners to replace Hughes with Mancini, it would be a great idea for them to go back to the owners and say "Sorry, we got that one wrong but...."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.