City to be charged for booing Champions League jingle (anthem)

Brilliant! I really hope this is true, it will unify even more fans, as is being shown on this thread with even the anti booing side ready to voice/vent their opinions against this corrupt vile organisation.
Hopefully it's another nail in the coffin for this set of bent bastards.

One of the most ridiculous things I have heard a team being charged over. But no offence to City fans, but it is a pretty classless thing to boo the Anthem of the most prestigious sporting competition, bar the World Cup. Players, managers, fans all over Europe dream to hear the anthem playing in their stadium.

But anyways, UEFA are stupid for fining City for this.

I think monkey chants are a little more classless no?

What about we all wear Sepp or Plattini masks and when the anthem come on we through bundles of fake cash in the air?

See if they like that better?

One of the most ridiculous things I have heard a team being charged over. But no offence to City fans, but it is a pretty classless thing to boo the Anthem of the most prestigious sporting competition, bar the World Cup. Players, managers, fans all over Europe dream to hear the anthem playing in their stadium.

The fact that UEFA tolerates your appalling club's appalling racism when it is directed at our players is one of the reasons why we boo.

I see however that you might not entirely get that.

No my friend. Racist abuse of black players is classless, which is how this started. You'd be better keeping out of this.

Although this is from 2013, it's there on page 13:

However, all associations and clubs are liable for the following inappropriate behaviour on the part of their supporters and may be subject to disciplinary measures and directives even if they can prove the absence of any negligence in relation to the organisation of the match: a) the invasion or attempted invasion of the field of play; b) the throwing of objects; c) the lighting of fireworks or any other objects; d) the use of laser pointers or similar electronic devices; e) the use of gestures, words, objects or any other means to transmit any message that is not fit for a sports event, particularly messages that are of a political, ideological, religious, offensive or provocative nature; f) acts of damage; g) the disruption of national or competition anthems; h) any other lack of order or discipline observed inside or around the stadium.

http://www.ecaeurope.com/Legal/UEFA Documents/2013_0241_Disciplinary Regulations 2013.pdf

Don't really see how we will be able to fight it tbh...
Ummmm Don't I see flares and fireworks being let off in nearly every CL game outside the UK teams? This is in contradiction to c) in the above disciplinary regs. Maybe we should compile a montage and ask about the outcomes of those cases as part of our defence. The defence being UEFA incompetence and desire to single out MCFC. This'll be like shooting fish in a barrel for the lawyers.

we can do what we like and boo if we want its not a crime to be booing something non PC unlike a lot of the members of UEFA and FIFA who we put our trust in them to run the game in the right way only to find out most of them are bent and on the take

Fair play to user "sly" @ redcafe, a Sporting fan i may add, he notes this...

"Since the infamous Schalke game we booed the CL anthem on all the subsequent Sporting CL home games (and i´m certain of this since i was always at the stadium) and we were never charged. We also had a big "UEFA Mafia" banner. Ridiculous behaviour by Uefa. Probably trying to get some free oil money for Platini's future retirement."

So thanks for that bud, i can be a moaning bitter blue for a few more hours now i know this :-D

Serious though if that is correct then fuck UEFA all the more. I do not know one blue who wants our arses licked, just even handedness from media and "authorities".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.