City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City to expand Etihad to 60,000

Will that disrupt seating next season?

The MEN talks about construction starting in January. Are they talking Jan 2014 with an 18 month completion sate so that it's ready for Summer 2015/16 season?

How long did it take Utd to extend their stands? Are we talking a similar timescale?

rickmcfc said:
Looks great, but why bit just fill the 4 corners in so the 3rd tier goes all the way around? Would look even better!
Maybe something to do with the things in the corner which let the wind in.<br /><br />-- Thu May 16, 2013 7:33 am --<br /><br />
mammutly said:
I'd like to know more about this board meeting that took place in London on Saturday morning.
Me too

Its really just an expansion to 54,000 isn't it? They're applying for 60,000 just in case, to save having to go through a second application later. 54,000 seems about right at the moment.

Would be interested to know:

Will the capacity be cut during construction?

Where will the away fans sit? Presumably still in the SS but perhaps not in the first tier?

Will they be going ahead with the previously suggested conversion of the 2nd Tier of the CB stand into all corporate? Relocating fans into the SS?

Marvin said:

The MEN talks about construction starting in January. Are they talking Jan 2014 with an 18 month completion sate so that it's ready for Summer 2015/16 season?

How long did it take Utd to extend their stands? Are we talking a similar timescale?

Still going judging by all the scafolding.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
blueinsa said:
I see the PR team are sat on their hands again, doing nothing ;-)

Why is this not on the OS? We have to read that Rag sheisspapier to get the news!

They're out celebrating their victory in Mancini-gate?

I'm in 217 - am I right in thinking the roof will have to come off to do this ?. I might be needing to buy a new coat for for January next year.

Marvin said:

I'd imagine our stands will take longer than the rags as ours won't be constructed out of Lego.

Not impressed it has to be said. 60,000 is NOT ENOUGH. If we're to spend £100m on increasing the stadium we might as well increase it to 100,000 and put 4 tiers on all round. We don't have to open the 4th tier until we play Barca, Real, Rags etc in big Champs League matches. Just like Barca do.

We dropped a major bollock when we rebuilt the Platt Lane at Maine Road. It looked like a Subbuteo stand! Would hate to make the same mistake again. We should be aiming to have the BEST ground in the country, even better than Wembley. Even if we don't fill it week-in-week-out we WILL fill it for some matches. 84,000 + came to see us beat Stoke in the 30's so why can't another 16,000 come to see us play Barca in the semi final of the Champions' League?

I'm South Level 2 and if rumours are true then I will be paying just shy of £600 notes this year. If they move me into the 3rd tier then I will be delighted to pay £300...This has certainly cheered me up.
Will the second tier become corporate?
I like how the club will make up the revenue in normal match day ticket pricing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.