City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City to expand Etihad to 60,000

JOGAMIGMOG said:
Not impressed it has to be said. 60,000 is NOT ENOUGH. If we're to spend £100m on increasing the stadium we might as well increase it to 100,000 and put 4 tiers on all round. We don't have to open the 4th tier until we play Barca, Real, Rags etc in big Champs League matches. Just like Barca do.

We dropped a major bollock when we rebuilt the Platt Lane at Maine Road. It looked like a Subbuteo stand! Would hate to make the same mistake again. We should be aiming to have the BEST ground in the country, even better than Wembley. Even if we don't fill it week-in-week-out we WILL fill it for some matches. 84,000 + came to see us beat Stoke in the 30's so why can't another 16,000 come to see us play Barca in the semi final of the Champions' League?

a 100k stadium would be far too big<br /><br />-- Thu May 16, 2013 8:30 am --<br /><br />
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
blueinsa said:
I see the PR team are sat on their hands again, doing nothing ;-)

Why is this not on the OS? We have to read that Rag sheisspapier to get the news!

I get the feeling that the club have a 'stock' of good news that they can release (leak) on tap as and when, such as this week when city fans need a boost of some positive news.

mansour's tow ropes said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
Not impressed it has to be said. 60,000 is NOT ENOUGH. If we're to spend £100m on increasing the stadium we might as well increase it to 100,000 and put 4 tiers on all round. We don't have to open the 4th tier until we play Barca, Real, Rags etc in big Champs League matches. Just like Barca do.

We dropped a major bollock when we rebuilt the Platt Lane at Maine Road. It looked like a Subbuteo stand! Would hate to make the same mistake again. We should be aiming to have the BEST ground in the country, even better than Wembley. Even if we don't fill it week-in-week-out we WILL fill it for some matches. 84,000 + came to see us beat Stoke in the 30's so why can't another 16,000 come to see us play Barca in the semi final of the Champions' League?

a 100k stadium would be far too big

We're a similar club to Dortmund. Their stadium is awesome and 80k capacity. If we're to be the best club in the world we should have the best and biggest ground. It's a no-brainer. The 4th tier can be sold to football tourists or given away to school parties/football clubs etc. I'm sure we'd fill 100,000 for SOME games.

At risk of sounding ungrateful, but is 60,000 the highest it will be? Without obviously building a whole new stadium.

Corporate is where the real money is, and with the plans for this third tier I would go as far as saying that we could make the whole of the second tier corporate.

£300 season tickets for the third tier, would be great.

We should have a questionair for anyone applying for ticket in the new south stand...

DO YOU MOAN AT PEOPLE STANDING?

ARE YOU A MISERABLE TWAT WHO DOS`NT SING?

DO YOU MOAN ABOUT PEOPLE SWEARING?

DO YOU FOOK OFF 10 MINUTES FROM THE END?

DO YOU PICK ON A DIFFERENT PLAYER EVERY GAME TO ABUSE?

ARE YOU A MISERABLE FOOKER WHO DOS`NT DRINK AND MOANS ABOUT PEOPLE THAT DO?

If they answer yes to any of the above they can fook off to CB LEVEL 3

bluevengence said:
We should have a questionair for anyone applying for ticket in the new south stand...

bluevengence said:

I think you just about covered 75%+ of match going fans!

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Marvin said:
Will that disrupt seating next season?

The MEN talks about construction starting in January. Are they talking Jan 2014 with an 18 month completion sate so that it's ready for Summer 2015/16 season?

How long did it take Utd to extend their stands? Are we talking a similar timescale?
I'd imagine our stands will take longer than the rags as ours won't be constructed out of Lego.

spat me cornflakes out.

will be repeating that to the rags i work with

JOGAMIGMOG said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:

a 100k stadium would be far too big

We're a similar club to Dortmund. Their stadium is awesome and 80k capacity. If we're to be the best club in the world we should have the best and biggest ground. It's a no-brainer. The 4th tier can be sold to football tourists or given away to school parties/football clubs etc. I'm sure we'd fill 100,000 for SOME games.

Some people on this forum are like a 5-yr old on Santa's knee, asking for a puppy, and all the latest toys, and a tablet and mobile phone, and a new dad after mum's divorce, and a trip to Disneyland every holiday and, and, and...

A 100k stadium would cost 1b, not 100m. (We're spending only 50m anyway). Mansour may be rich but he's a businessman and this is coning out of his pocket. He's not the Bank of Manchester, or the Make a Wish Foundation. How ungrateful is it of us to say "thanks for paying for our team but now I want you to spend 10b on all the other things I dreamt about last night? We need a sense of realism here. This is not Sim Stadium with the money cheat turned on. The board are expanding to what they think we will fill, not what would look the best from the outside and look empty on the inside.

pirate said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Marvin said:
Will that disrupt seating next season?

The MEN talks about construction starting in January. Are they talking Jan 2014 with an 18 month completion sate so that it's ready for Summer 2015/16 season?

How long did it take Utd to extend their stands? Are we talking a similar timescale?
I'd imagine our stands will take longer than the rags as ours won't be constructed out of Lego.

spat me cornflakes out.

will be repeating that to the rags i work with
you didn't though did you ? if u did you are very easily amused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.