City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expanding stadium again will be the death of what atmosphere is left. Don’t understand why anyone at the club thinks we can sell out 62000 every game without creating an atmosphere like we ‘enjoyed’ at West Ham last weekend, ie one with 20% tourists. What’s the point? So we can be proud of a massive, soulless quiet stadium like Arsenal and the rags have?

Expanding stadium again will be the death of what atmosphere is left. Don’t understand why anyone at the club thinks we can sell out 62000 every game without creating an atmosphere like we ‘enjoyed’ at West Ham last weekend, ie one with 20% tourists. What’s the point? So we can be proud of a massive, soulless quiet stadium like Arsenal and the rags have?

cheaper tickets could help atmosphere, and with spurs Chelsea and I hear Liverpool are going to expand again, do we want to be left behind with revenue

cheaper tickets could help atmosphere, and with spurs Chelsea and I hear Liverpool are going to expand again, do we want to be left behind with revenue

Gate receipts are negligible. If our stadium ends up with even more empty seats and those that are occupied are filled with kids on IPads then we are in danger of creating stadia seen in Italy after their football went bust!

In short, exclusivity will maintain better TV income whilst over expansion will make us the coldest ticket in town.

Gate receipts are negligible. If our stadium ends up with even more empty seats and those that are occupied are filled with kids on IPads then we are in danger of creating stadia seen in Italy after their football went bust!

In short, exclusivity will maintain better TV income whilst over expansion will make us the coldest ticket in town.
Match day revenue is £53M. In what world is that negligible?

Many of you will disagree, and it doesn't make commercial or financial sense, but my view is that if one single City fan cannot get into our biggest games, the ground is too small. Actually I think all Premier League grounds are too small. If they were made bigger it would be possible for more people to go to away matches, and that really would improve atmospheres.

Match day revenue is £53M. In what world is that negligible?

And increasing it by 7000 seats at £310 is just £2.17M. That as a percentage of our annual turnover is chicken feed. It will also cost 50 years to recoup the build cost and ensure there are even more empty seats at pitchside as those who are priced out move to a North Stand Level 3. In short, we just don't have the match going or even interested in match going fan base. It may be difficult for some to stomach but that's the reality and thats why we just expanded the South Stand.

Many of you will disagree, and it doesn't make commercial or financial sense, but my view is that if one single City fan cannot get into our biggest games, the ground is too small. Actually I think all Premier League grounds are too small. If they were made bigger it would be possible for more people to go to away matches, and that really would improve atmospheres.

I disagree. There's a balance between meeting the demands of casual fans and having huge half empty soulless stadia. I dont think you strike that balance by having a stadium big enough to take in the number of fans that wanted to watch, for example, City v QPR. At the moment most of our PL games just about sell out which for me suggests that the current capacity is about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.