City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it will be a lovely stadium but unfortunately for spurs after next season it'll only be two thirds full

As for ours and what could have been a total new stadium. When you hear the figures quoted for expansion, it seems it would have made more sense to build new and donate £3m a year to MCC

Spurs have over reached themselves, massive loans for the stadium and ever escalating costs up to £1B, madness. Will seriously hamstring investment in the squad.

My very point build a new one and find a way of investing in Manchester sport

Totally agree - Get the pricing right. After the windfall that PL clubs got from TV rights all clubs could afford reducing prices.
For The Etihad I would suggest - 62,000 Stadium - 10,000 Corporates - 30,000 of current City fans (including Family)seated - 5,000 away fans
and 17,000 under 30 years of age (at no more than £300 per season ticket) -
supporting from the New expanded North Stand. - sorted

Why in Gods name are you going to give away fans 5000 tickets when they will not reciprocate.
Rags give us 3k , why on earth would you give them 5 K .
Should we give Bournemouth 5k as well ????????

My view all along has been to build and extend asap. Look how quickly 32,000 became 47,000 became 54,000. NUFC, AFC and MUFC saw their crowds rocket each time their capacities increased and ours can do the same. I'd have two main requirements though - build to ensure sound bounced back into the stadium & so that the 3rd tier of some stands can be closed (and hidden easily) for cup games. Make it clear from the start that the new extended stand is for League games only - and then every time it's used for anything other than PL games it's stressed that demand is such that tier 3 has been opened. It can be turned into a positive.

Today is an appropriate day to remember that demand can be there. I'll be posting this on my Facebook later:

Today in 1947 – A solitary goal from Alec Herd was enough to give MCFC promotion. The attendance for this game was recorded by the media at the time as 67,672 but official records reviewed almost sixty years later show that the attendance was actually 69,463. Not bad for a Second Division game. In fact it’s higher than the record crowds of all clubs apart from ten! For example it’s 7,000 more than LFC’s Record. City’s own record is 84,569. There will be more on this and similar stuff in https://www.conkereditions.co.uk/product/manchester-city-folklore-special-subscriber-offer/

Agree with you Gary but i would make the Family stand smaller and let 16 -21 year old have tickets for £15 a game

except you will because it would be no deeper than the cablenet wire that remains from the old lower roof - and I personally checked on the open day that sat in the back row you can see the whole pitch without the view being impeded by the wire
well there is a wire that impedes a clear view of the pitch there now?

Yes it will be a lovely stadium but unfortunately for spurs after next season it'll only be two thirds full

Don’t like to see this. We get emptihad thrown at us daily, which is sometimes warranted with the amount of empty seats in the north stand. So what is Spurs have empty seats, they will still have the best looking stadium in Europe.

Does anyone but a few demented rags care if there are a few empty seats? Barcelona have thousands empty for many matches. United also have a fair few mostly out of reach of the TV cameras. Arsenal's stadium appears to have been little more than two thirds full in recent matches this season.

Some on here seem obsessive about it. Some idiot appeared to be suggesting that no stadium development should take place as long as there were empty seats (even of they had been sold).

Don’t like to see this. We get emptihad thrown at us daily, which is sometimes warranted with the amount of empty seats in the north stand. So what is Spurs have empty seats, they will still have the best looking stadium in Europe.
I'm not having a go at empty seats per se.
What I'm getting at is once the euphoria and novelty of the first season is over and Levy sells the crown jewels (Kane , Ali etc as they will want to move on to win medals) then with the prices Spurs are charging, their support will drop off
If they sell tickets at reasonable prices then they'd have a full house regularly.

I dont see the point expanding anymore.
The ammount of empty seats on wednesday was embarrassing
Embarrassing to who? Who cares ? If you are bothered by a few rags from reading saying Emptyhad because theyve read it some where else then its time to relax.

As had been said, most grounds have empty seats weekly. If going on about empty seats is all rivals have to throw at us then great !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.