City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City to expand Etihad to 60,000

If they are going to charge £300 for a season ticket they can't keep charging £500 for the lower tier can they?

I note with interest the haters are out again.

Just to let you know I love you all.

I just wonder how long we will have to wait for any official word on these plans?

As long as its more than the lick of paint Liverpool fans are praying for, or a new, redesigned redesign that Spurs fans get to stare at I'll be happy.

So @mcfc lets get things moving in One Direction!!

fbloke said:
I note with interest the haters are out again.

Just to let you know I love you all.

I just wonder how long we will have to wait for any official word on these plans?

As long as its more than the lick of paint Liverpool fans are praying for, or a new, redesigned redesign that Spurs fans get to stare at I'll be happy.

So @mcfc lets get things moving in One Direction!!
ISWYDT

They have to fill in the corners with seats ... will start to look like a mishmash like the swamp and not a beautifully crafted bowl arena

As one who always find attendances facinating(since I started supporting City in 1950's) I always query it when the club announce a "sell out" but the official attendance on the day is between 200-500
below capacity. They always say 48,000 seater (officially 47,726) but our highest attendance last May v. QPR was shown as 47,444.
Where are these extra 300 seats that never sell out??.
So if we expand by 6,000 seats - in the South stand - will our "sell out" crowds be 53,444.
The Arsenal - always show 60,000 plus(Ithink their ground holds 60,250)
- against Wigan they said attendance was 60,061 .
I will feel cheated if , when we have a "60,000 seater stadium" - the attendance will always be 59,000 plus.

gaving673 said:
Anticipating a lot of United fans jumping ship post-Fergie?

Lots of ferries capsizing just off Singapore and Hong Kong!!!

Bluep*ss said:
As one who always find attendances facinating(since I started supporting City in 1950's) I always query it when the club announce a "sell out" but the official attendance on the day is between 200-500
below capacity. They always say 48,000 seater (officially 47,726) but our highest attendance last May v. QPR was shown as 47,444.
Where are these extra 300 seats that never sell out??.
So if we expand by 6,000 seats - in the South stand - will our "sell out" crowds be 53,444.
The Arsenal - always show 60,000 plus(Ithink their ground holds 60,250)
- against Wigan they said attendance was 60,061 .
I will feel cheated if , when we have a "60,000 seater stadium" - the attendance will always be 59,000 plus.

Segregation. Boxes. Corporates

Kenney_The_Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
This is the time for the club to consider the atmosphere in the stadium. The acoustics and location of fans causes a massive problem at the moment.

There are vafious things they can look at:making the upper tier a singing area and offering cheap relocation to the existing two singing areas would be one. Being closer to the roof makes the singing louder and the club might even want to look at some kind of sound-reflecting surface for it.

REgardless, its now or never.

good post dave
It is. I have posted previously about the angle and height of the roof being a significant factor in the atmosphere at the Etihad.

The roof to the old Kippax was lower, angled down towards the pitch and was made of asbestos cement, a material which has outstanding acoustic qualities.

It cannot be beyond the wit of man to fashion something which enhances the atmosphere at our ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.