City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City to expand Etihad to 60,000

Question for GXCity:

Could the proposed expansion be in two parts in order to incorporate a hotel or other such structure into the North Stand? I'm sure I read on on the Etihad thread that plans were afoot for a 20/25 storey hotel........so putting 2 and 2 together (and probably getting 7) will,or could, the hotel be built into the extended stand as and when phase 2 comes to fruition, a la Stamford Bridge?

I thought the hotel idea got canned ages ago? About the same time the stories of building a Ferrari World-style theme park finally disappeared?

Falastur said:
I thought the hotel idea got canned ages ago? About the same time the stories of building a Ferrari World-style theme park finally disappeared?

If true then 2 + 2 really does = 7 :-)

Of those extra 6000 seats the majority of them will be season ticket holders! We sold 36k last season in record time so when first faze is 54k we can sell around 41k season tickets

waspish said:
Of those extra 6000 seats the majority of them will be season ticket holders! We sold 36k last season in record time so when first faze is 54k we can sell around 41k season tickets

That´s the idea behind "A significant number being £300 p.a Season tickets" as stated I guess.

kippax81 said:
Question for GXCity:

Could the proposed expansion be in two parts in order to incorporate a hotel or other such structure into the North Stand? I'm sure I read on on the Etihad thread that plans were afoot for a 20/25 storey hotel........so putting 2 and 2 together (and probably getting 7) will,or could, the hotel be built into the extended stand as and when phase 2 comes to fruition, a la Stamford Bridge?

Not joined on to the stadium but 100% on the Campus

ell said:
Bluep*ss said:
As one who always find attendances facinating(since I started supporting City in 1950's) I always query it when the club announce a "sell out" but the official attendance on the day is between 200-500
below capacity. They always say 48,000 seater (officially 47,726) but our highest attendance last May v. QPR was shown as 47,444.
Where are these extra 300 seats that never sell out??.
So if we expand by 6,000 seats - in the South stand - will our "sell out" crowds be 53,444.
The Arsenal - always show 60,000 plus(Ithink their ground holds 60,250)
- against Wigan they said attendance was 60,061 .
I will feel cheated if , when we have a "60,000 seater stadium" - the attendance will always be 59,000 plus.

Segregation. Boxes. Corporates

the capacity needs to be 60,800 to make it look a lot better

GXCity said:
kippax81 said:
Question for GXCity:

Not joined on to the stadium but 100% on the Campus

Cheers Blue.Appreciate the info.

In fact thank you for all your contributions as far as the Campus goes.Fascinated reading all you and others have written over the last couple of seasons.

'Tis terribly exciting don't you think?

There is lot of dick measuring involved in the size of the stadium. From a match-going perspective, the worst case is a constantly sold out ground as that means demand exceeding supply so the marketing people will want to increase prices.

If there are games that are not sold out after expansion then that is no bad thing and people should not bother about Rag jibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.