City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City to expand Etihad to 60,000

On the day that all football supporters become civilised human beings it will be possible to fill every single seat. The only snag is, people will then grumble about lack of atmosphere.

Oh, and of course for European matches, we have to leave front seats empty so that more money can be made from extra advertising.

3 Tiers, all City fans, Flags/banners hanging, everyone stood up, Quick beer pumps, Smoking in the bogs, 1 Steward for every 1,000 fans etc would be ideal.<br /><br />-- Thu May 16, 2013 2:31 pm --<br /><br />
Bluep*ss said:
As one who always find attendances facinating(since I started supporting City in 1950's) I always query it when the club announce a "sell out" but the official attendance on the day is between 200-500
below capacity. They always say 48,000 seater (officially 47,726) but our highest attendance last May v. QPR was shown as 47,444.
Where are these extra 300 seats that never sell out??.
So if we expand by 6,000 seats - in the South stand - will our "sell out" crowds be 53,444.
The Arsenal - always show 60,000 plus(Ithink their ground holds 60,250)
- against Wigan they said attendance was 60,061 .
I will feel cheated if , when we have a "60,000 seater stadium" - the attendance will always be 59,000 plus.

I have heard the police/steward barrier between fans doesn't class as 'attendance' so thats where the statistics come from. Where as the attendance goes off how many people could be in the stadium in an ideal world.

THIS IS A GREAT OPPURTUNITY

If our owners get it right we will end up with a fantastic stadium,with a fantastic atmosphere,The most critical thing for sure is finding the extra 12,000 supporters to fill the stadium,6,000 to start.
Season ticket prices have to be structured sensibly,if the prices are right were onto a winner,sellouts are what we want.good marketing and sales aimed at families,and blues who have stopped going for one reason or another,we all know blues who don't really go that much now.THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS INTEREST CAN BE ENCOURAGED

1.DEPOSITS ON SEATS/ BEFORE THE BUILD?
2.GROUPS/FAMILIES BOOKING SEATS TOGETHER?
3.SUPPORTERS CLUBS GETTING MEMBERS SAT TOGETHER?
4.HAVE A BUS CONVERTED/CUSTOMISED GOING ROUND GREATER MANCHESTER AND THE
NORTH WEST PROMOTING SEASON TICKETS/OR THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF MEMBERSHIPS?

I've waited 40 years for something like this,and it's all down to one person,thank you SHEIK MANSOUR MY LORD !

Ctid

mannycity said:

If our owners get it right we will end up with a fantastic stadium,with a fantastic atmosphere,The most critical thing for sure is finding the extra 12,000 supporters to fill the stadium,6,000 to start.
Season ticket prices have to be structured sensibly,if the prices are right were onto a winner,sellouts are what we want.good marketing and sales aimed at families,and blues who have stopped going for one reason or another,we all know blues who don't really go that much now.THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS INTEREST CAN BE ENCOURAGED

I've waited 40 years for something like this,and it's all down to one person,thank you SHEIK MANSOUR MY LORD !

Ctid

Agree

spacecadet said:
mannycity said:

Ctid

Agree

A bus ! A bus selling season tickets ! Really..............

citysince88 said:
spacecadet said:
mannycity said:

Ctid

Agree

A bus ! A bus selling season tickets ! Really..............

This is very exciting news, I think aiming for 60,000 capacity is a good starting point, and then see how we go filling the stadium over several seasons, before even thinking of expanding to say a 80,000 stadium.............

mannycity said:

Ctid

Where we are at the moment the only thing we need to do to market season tickets is win trophies

Bluep*ss said:
As one who always find attendances facinating(since I started supporting City in 1950's) I always query it when the club announce a "sell out" but the official attendance on the day is between 200-500
below capacity. They always say 48,000 seater (officially 47,726) but our highest attendance last May v. QPR was shown as 47,444.
Where are these extra 300 seats that never sell out??.
So if we expand by 6,000 seats - in the South stand - will our "sell out" crowds be 53,444.
The Arsenal - always show 60,000 plus(Ithink their ground holds 60,250)
- against Wigan they said attendance was 60,061 .
I will feel cheated if , when we have a "60,000 seater stadium" - the attendance will always be 59,000 plus.

The Etihad is less than 48,000 for starters as you point out and seats will be lost for segregation and also maybe some in the corporate area.

The actual official 'attendances' are dubious because they sell season tickets and count them as having attended regardless of whether they show up or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.